Old 11-09-2017, 16:39   #2371
The Caveman
Asset

Greetings,

Grew up in the greater Los Angeles area all my life, no traveling, less appealing neighborhood. Household took a blow to finances causing me to never enroll past 4th grade.

Always wanted to be in the military, but not just be military, to contribute. Far too many men and women sacrifice the entirety of their time and effort to their cause for me to do less.

After the arduous task of overcoming my aforementioned educational barriers I enlisted at the age of 20 years young under an active duty 14T contract of which I currently still serve out of Ft. Bliss.

Actually got back from my second SFAS attempt a couple months ago of which I was dropped for failing to find enough points during the Star Course and subsequently received an NTR (SFAS) as I've been told only two attempts is the new enlisted policy. Both attempts are the defining experiences of my military career so far. If there is anyone from class 10-17 around I'd love to touch base.

Actually highly interested now in taking up a support role in a SFG as the desire to contribute and level of inspiration drawn from the community has not waned. I asked the NG/AR recruiter to look into openings and it appears an opportunity is present, I will continue researching, and insight however blunt is welcomed.

Thank you all for having me.

Last edited by The Caveman; 12-19-2017 at 00:19.
The Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 20:26   #2372
ron swanson
Asset

ARNG medical student hoping to work with the teams in some capacity. Would love to go 18a if I would be competitive. A little older than most so I'm just trying to get/stay in the right shape through graduation and residency. Will start communicating with the requisite recruiters soon as I understand getting processed can take some time.
ron swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:17   #2373
getsky
Asset

intro

I am proud and honored to be a team member of the SOCOM community. Legacy is tradition and I apologize for not introducing myself. I found this site so that we as brothers can collectively discuss issues and topics. As of now I am about to end my long road of travel from active duty... It has been an honor and privilege to serve with you my brothers in arms. Now currently wounded, I must surrender my bouncer to the depths of my locker.. lay down my guns, and mentally prepare for the transition of my life back to the rigors of society.... looking forward to chatting with you all.
getsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 21:52   #2374
AbleArcher
Asset

Hi- My name is Mike F. I went ROTC in the early 90's, and a number of my classmates are currently, or have been members of the quiet professional community.

I am currently a semi-retired engineer, living in Ireland.

Although I have been a long time observer here, I feel now is the time to take a more active part. I have found some great info on these pages, but I'd love to follow up with some more pointed questions of my own.
AbleArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 19:54   #2375
Wagbag
Quiet Professional

Started out as an 0351, did some 11B time in Division, now a Charlie in 5th Group.

I brought beer. Where's the fridge?
Wagbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 22:31   #2376
Bettendorf
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagbag View Post
Started out as an 0351, did some 11B time in Division, now a Charlie in 5th Group.

I can vouch for wagbag. I met him face to face several years ago while I was at Bragg retraining (18F). He's the real deal.
Bettendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:47   #2377
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagbag View Post

What happened... did they kick you out of the Corps when they found out you could read

Welcome to PS.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:56   #2378
JacobP
Asset

Hello,

My name is Schnoctor, I am 24 years old and plan to do the 18X program in late 2018. I have a wedding in May of next year and I will continue to be training until then. I recently graduated with degrees in homeland security and intelligence. I've studied culture and language in the Middle East, and I have completed an intelligence program last summer.
JacobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:23   #2379
Wagbag
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
What happened... did they kick you out of the Corps when they found out you could read

Welcome to PS.
Haha thanks.
Wagbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:48   #2380
Angaldan
Asset

Good afternoon,

I'm a sophomore in uni planning to BS in Comp Sci. Considering 18x, would like to be at assessment when I hit 20. I am doing well in this space, however I find that I crave to be part of a team that does more, in every way. There is something about being a warrior-scholar that deeply appeals to me. I would like to see if SF is interested in what I have to offer.

I have wrestled 5 years through high school, and unfortunately remain small/slim due to cutting lots of weight (had to remain below 113 lb). This causes me to be nervous about my physical capabilities and success. Currently whipping myself back into shape using advice from these forums, though difficult to find time outside of coursework/research/part-time.

I am looking for a mentor or anyone who I can talk to honestly about my thought process and planning. I would deeply appreciate anyone who would be willing to reach out or lend me a hand

Finally, I would like to thank you guys for this community. Such a wealth of relevant information, answers, and professionalism is very hard to come by. I hope I do not disappoint here.
Angaldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 22:49   #2381
willbbooks
Asset

I’m a sophomore at college double majoring with a Comp Sci BS/Economics BA. I go to school in NC and have lived there my whole life. I’m an incredibly curious person, and love learning about everything I can, any way I can(hence I read A LOT).

I have always been a big history buff, and have been especially especially interested in military history and just the military in general. However, it is only relatively recently that I began to seriously consider a real military career for myself (most likely after graduating college). This has spurred a whirlwind of a learning process concerning anything military on my part, and through that process I’ve discovered a deep fascination with the SOF world in general, and US SF’s in particular. I’ve been reading a lot in these forums for a while and have been quite impressed with the tremendous wealth of knowledge, wisdom, and experience I’ve encountered. So I finally decided to make an account and ask some of my own questions.
willbbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 14:57   #2382
Scirus626
Asset

Intro

Hello all! My name is Benjamin and i am 17 years old. I found this website while trying to find information on the SF pipeline in different branches. I recently have signed a DEP contract for the Army. I leave July 6th and was hoping to use the wealth of information to increase and better my opportunities in the military. Thank you all for having me.
Scirus626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:41   #2383
Canuck67
Asset

Good day fellows I came upon Professional Soldiers completely by chance while I was researching NVG mounting plates for a MICH Hi cut compo I have in my helmet collection, So I am indeed just an accidental tourist here amongst you gents..With that said I have always had a keen interest in the Canadian ,British and US, SF/AB communities and there actions dating back to WW II up to present day...

Kind regards Mark K
Canuck67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 21:56   #2384
andreas
Asset

Introduction

Hello all, my name is Andre. Very excited to be able to utilize a platform as such to connect with the best of the best, and I intend to make the most of it.

I am currently a Sophomore and second year ROTC Cadet at Eastern Washington University majoring in Political Science with a double minor in Japanese and Military Science.

I initially planned on enlisting, however due to a paperwork error that forced me to wait another 9 months or so, I came to EWU and poured all I had into the ROTC program and fell in love with it. I am working towards commissioning as a Second Lieutenant in the Infantry upon graduation, and I have set my sights to serving in the Ranger Regiment shortly upon graduation. I am on a trajectory to go to BCT and Airborne this summer and either Army Mountain Warfare School or Air Assault next Summer. So far I have earned the Gold German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge and scored 1OO% on our Cadet Version of the EIB. PT Score is around 295 and when I planned on enlisting I scored a 94 on the ASVAB

Grandfather was a self proclaimed Green Beret in Vietnam {Old man was off his rocker, not sure it was all onehundred% true}, so from a young age I always knew SFAS was where I would end up at one point.

I am a Leader and spend every waking moment of my life working on being a better Leader and researching how to do so, I would like to do so here above all else, because I do not have any Special Forces Connections here with Cadet Command. Cant wait to get started.

Cheers
andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 22:40   #2385
andreas
Asset

Edit/Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
I am a 19 year old who recently graduated high school. Donning the Green Beret has always been the main goal through thick and through thin throughout my life, especially since my Grand Father told me stories of his experiences in Vietnam growing up. I am a helluva athlete and would have gone Division One for football had i not have torn my labrum junior year (I have gone about talking to the military Doctor and I am recovered enough that a waiver isn't needed), and I wish to study Philosophy here and abroad someday. I am joining this website because the men who have worn the green beret in the past and those who are still wearing it are my heroes and they have a seemingly infinite supply of knowledge that I would love to acquire. I have scored a nearly perfect APFT and got a 95 on my asvab. Currently debating whether I want to workout and truly push myself for 10 more months and enlist with an 18x contract (thinking of hoofing it down the coast with a couple bucks and my balls and transforming myself from a kid to a real man through the hardships I will face) or just pick whatever MOS will be the most efficient for a path to SF and enlist right now. Any information is good information. Cheers
Updated my intro quote, a lot has changed in a year
andreas is offline   Reply With Quote