Old 11-14-2013, 16:56   #1
Flagg
Area Commander

Narco Cultura

Red Band Trailer..........short scenes of violence may not be work safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS0udOZONAA

http://narcoculture.com/

As an amateur student of UW with an interest towards the narco civil war in Mexico, I am aware of the massive casualties there in recent years that eclipse the body count, but not the mass media exposure, of Iraq/Afghanistan.

The more I try to learn about UW, the more my eyes are opened to the threats posed by issues such as poor immigration policy, poor border control, and increasingly capable cartels as well as the threats posed by foreign sponsors themselves using "by, with, thru" doctrine.

I had no idea of the broad and deep extent of narco cultura acceptability both north and south of the border(I wrongly assumed it was a largely south of the border problem), but I can easily see how it could be used as part of a hezbollah-ized strategy to gain persistent ultra-local legitimacy.

What would it take to make this a cornerstone campaign issue in 2016?

I have to admit to being part of the decriminalize drugs crowd(more to mitigate than eliminate the damage, lesser of two evils belief), but I'm guessing it may be past the point of no return as the cartel networks would likely shift to other criminal income streams and/or accelerate a move towards attempted legitimization and seizure of localized political power like a narco funded 19th century political machine....with a paramilitary muscle capability waiting in the shadows just across the border for enforcement.

Just an interested amateur.

This one is a bit of an eye opener for me.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 18:43   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Been going on for decades. The Mexican cartel leaders are smart enough to realize that if the violence crosses north of the border we "will" come for them.

As long as they keep it in house who cares, certainly not the liberals as most of them are either voting to legalize it or smoking crack themselves.

It is amusing when we (the US military) do go cartel hunting as they scatter like scared cockroaches........
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 15:28   #3
MAB32

Just as a side note to this discussion....here is what we are finding out about the Narco-Drug Cartel. This is especially worse than what this document says. TS and others that live in the southwest and the south in general. They are popping up all over now.

http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/doc...nta-muerte.htm