Old 10-02-2009, 21:53   #31
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice Snowflake View Post
Alright, knock it off or I will not do the history of the flash like you asked and you are supposed to be quiet professionals but you sure as hell ain't showing it. Typical frat boy behavior.

I think some of you have been through college and it is hard enough keeping up with the studying. I am not on here very often in case you haven't noticed.

I am almost done with college and about ready to join the army as a commissioned army officer.

You are obviously misguided.

Let me sell you a clue........This is Our House, with Our Rules.....You are a Visitor Here and have obviously had too much Kool-Aid to drink. You have been asked to take a seat instead of shouting at the top of your lungs, and now You think You know whats best again.

You are Untrainable...............

I Hope for the Men that will one day be under you, that You learn to listen and take Guidance, its only their lives that you will put at risk while taking credit for their successes.

But what the hell do I know anyways?...................

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall

Last edited by LongWire; 10-02-2009 at 21:59.
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 22:50   #32
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Alright, knock it off or I will not do the history of the flash like you asked and you are supposed to be quiet professionals but you sure as hell ain't showing it. Typical frat boy behavior.

I think some of you have been through college and it is hard enough keeping up with the studying. I am not on here very often in case you haven't noticed.

I am almost done with college and about ready to join the army as a commissioned army officer.
Young student,

Do you have a clue to whom you are speaking? I seriously doubt it. If you take the time to notice, you will observe that it states "Quiet Professional" under my screen name. That means that at some point, I at least completed SF training and, in my case, got an "S" qualifier added to my MOS. I fall far below the accomplishments, team time, special forces knowledge, and combat experience of most of these men. I feel honored to have that "Quiet Professional" beneath my name. How long has it been since you first stated you were "going to join the Army"? Have you noticed that there is a war, or two, going on at the present time?

If you think college is difficult - disabuse yourself of ANY notion that you will ever be able to join the ranks of SF. I doubt if you'll make it through Airborne School! I dropped out of college in '69 to enlist in the Army (had a 3.2 gpa, too!). I think Penn State will STILL be there in a couple of years. Talk is cheap. Pony up. If you are not willing to do that, then do me a personal favor and SHUT UP.

I don't care if you post a history of the 5th Group's flash or not. I know dozens of men who proudly wore that flash in combat, and I don't think any of them would care a whit for any drivel you might deem worthy of posting on the subject. (Incidentally - the proper post was to write said history, and NOT come back with snide comments to people with whom you are NOT a peer - and probably will never be a peer.

At the risk of pissing off TR for "piling on" - I have to respond to your "frat boy" remark. THIS is a "fraternity" of men - not boys - and I think you will never, ever understand the difference. In the words of one of my former Supply Sergeants - "piss up a rope"!
Old 10-03-2009, 02:32   #33
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:

Want to talk about ?
If you somehow manage to get a commission, We will hunt you down.
How's THAT for PAB?

Do you remember your own post of 092709? "Some people are just not cut out for the military. It does not depend on the equipment but on the man. Equipment does play a small part but essentially, It is all in the man." An accurate self assessment as ever I've seen. You, PAB, are not cut out to be a Soldier, and you certainly are not the "right cut of cloth" for Special Forces.

TS. . . why is he still breathing our air? PAB "will not be missed".
Long wire, Zonie. . . Beers on me. Let's go.

Last edited by Dozer523; 10-03-2009 at 03:57. Reason: becuase I reviewed your earlier posts and you have a pattern of offense.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:05   #34
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

"A PLEDGE PIN ON YOUR UNIFORM!!!?? WHAT KIND OF FRATERNITY WOULD TAKE A...MAN LIKE YOU!!!???"

Remember, no unauthorized awards and decorations on your uniform in front of the troops.

Well, that's about all of the fun I can take from our budding young cadet.

I hope he reviews his time here and looks for lessons to be learned, in case he ever does make it into the military.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:26   #35
Dozer523
BANNED USER

That was fun.
Who wants to be next?
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:40   #36
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I hope he reviews his time here and looks for lessons to be learned, in case he ever does make it into the military.
Yeah I doubt it............like most bad officers I have seen, he comes across as holier than thou, looking down at the minions with an air of no one here is better than me.

But I'm going to be an Officer!!!!.......A US Army Ranger told me..........Blah, Blah, Blah.............(kid you've had them all tell you to STFU and you couldn't listen)

Good Riddance............

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:20   #37
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
Want to talk about ?
If you somehow manage to get a commission, We will hunt you down.
How's THAT for PAB?

Do you remember your own post of 092709? "Some people are just not cut out for the military. It does not depend on the equipment but on the man. Equipment does play a small part but essentially, It is all in the man." An accurate self assessment as ever I've seen. You, PAB, are not cut out to be a Soldier, and you certainly are not the "right cut of cloth" for Special Forces.

TS. . . why is he still breathing our air? PAB "will not be missed".
Long wire, Zonie. . . Beers on me. Let's go.
Good point......Why is he still breathing our air?

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:38   #38
wet dog

A little push...

Quote:

and the Avatar sent him over the edge. Thought I'd use "the ol' SF push on the vulnerability button technique" and see what would happen, many behaviors are so predictable.

Good thing we found out his "salt" level before to much money was spent on training. Some never learn that everything is a test, every day.

WD