Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 11-02-2005, 18:21   #16
Doc
Quiet Professional

I called the SOWF before hillary spoke. The retired LTCDR(R) USN I spoke to via the phone didn't care about the repercussions this sort of venue could create.

Everyone here is a big boy or girl and can do with their money what they want.

I decided not to contribute anymore to SOWF after November 11th, 2004.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 20:19   #17
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

TR - Now that I have the full details of your opinion I can understand your feelings better.

I have helped, in the past, to locate some family members that the warrior foundation was trying to locate. I have not had any bad dealings with them, but I will have to research them a bit better now.

I have turned in my CFC card and will stand by it but will re-evaluate for next year.

CAP - It is always fun exchanging opinions AND evidence here.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 21:45   #18
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947

CAP - It is always fun exchanging opinions AND evidence here.

Professionalism at it's best.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:24   #19
Pete
Quiet Professional

Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTAUSRET
Professionalism at it's best.
I have found that money is green, not red or blue.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 19:24   #20
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Bottomline

Here's what matters...

-- SCHOOLS SOWF STUDENTS ATTEND
Below is a list of schools, universities and colleges where SOWF students
attend:

Albuquerque Tech-Voc Institute
American Academy of Dramatic Arts
American University
Appalachian State
Auburn University
Campbell University
Central Washington University
Christopher Newport University
Clemson University
College of the Desert
David Litscomb University
DePaul University
East Carolina University
Faulkner State community college
Fayetteville Technical Community College
Ferris State University, MI
Florida Christian College
Florida Institute of Ultrasound
Franciscan University of Steubenville
George Mason University
Georgia Southern
Global Knowledge (Certification)
Guidance Helicopters, Prescott AZ
Guilford College
Gwinnet Technical College
Hillsborough Community College
Hopkinsville Community College
Hudson Valley Community College
Indiana State University
ISSA Distance Learning
Ivy Tech State College
Jefferson State Community College
Kentucky Christian University
Lake Superior State University
Lincoln Memorial University
Loyola University- New Orleans
Methodist College, Fayetteville NC
Michigan State University
Middle Tenn. State University
Midlands Technical College
Mississippi State
NC Agriculture & Technical State University.
New Mexico State University
North Carolina State
Northeastern University-Boston
Okaloosa Walton
Piedmont Technical College
Pikes Peak Community College
Radford University, VA
Rutgers University
Savannah College of Art & Design
South Puget Sound
Southern Connecticut University
Southwest Missouri State University
Spartan School of Aeronautics-Oklahoma
Springfield College
St. Joseph College
St. Lawrence University
SUNY at Old Westbury
Tennessee School of Beauty
Texas A & M, Corpus Christi
Texas Christian University
Troy State University-Fl Division
Troy State-Distance Ed.
UNC Chapel Hill
UNC-Wilmington
University California - Santa Cruz
University Calif-Santa Cruz
University NC-Wilmington
University North Carolina-Charlotte
University of Washington-Seattle
University South Florida
University Texas San Antonio
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
University Technical Institute
University Illinois-Urbana
University NC-Chapel Hill
University of Alaska Fairbanks
University of Richmond
University of South Carolina
University of Texas at San Antonio
University South Florida
Utah Valley State College
Valdosta State
Valdosta Technical College
Villa Julie College

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 09-05-2008 at 18:15.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 13:44   #21
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Got another note from Edie at the Warrior Foundation with an unusual request...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie@SOWF

We have a strange promotion going on right now and I am looking for support from the SOF community.

There is a gentleman in Columbia, SC who is currently living atop a billboard to raise awareness for a snoring product, SnoreStop. He has the potential to raise $1 million and in return he is going to donate $500,000 to the Warrior Foundation.

I'm looking for folks to email their support for him.... and if possible, stop by the billboard to show their support.

The website for the webcam is www.snorestop.com

and his email is jamie@snorestop.com

Can you somehow send this out to your blog?? Or if you have any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Edie
Old 11-20-2005, 09:54   #22
ObliqueApproach
Quiet Professional

Had a conversation today with one of my Jordanian translators whose brother was killed in the Amman bombing. He said that you cannot agree to disagree with "The true believer" because they will kill you!

Glad to see we can and still be brothers in arms even if we disagree!
ObliqueApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 20:45   #23
GunPig
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
I have found that money is green, not red or blue.
I agree. Hillary is truly a political shitbag and just the fact that he rubbed elbows with Coach at a SOWF event does not mean she will sway votes away from anyone. On the contrary, she may get some of the Hollywoood Liberals to "bandwagon" with her sorry ass and donate money that would have otherwise went on to save homosexual whales or some other stupid charity.

The Army SOF community has a big stake in SOWF and there are lot of KIA from AFSOC and NAVSPECWARCOM also. All of thier children deserve the opportunity to a formal education if they so choose. That's the least we can do for thier deceased Fathers I beleive.

Everyone can do what they wish, but I'll continue to support SOWF regardless of the political implications. Hillary should not be allowed to tear down a great organization to bolster her political image...I think we should be using her intsead.

v/r
Bill
GunPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:17   #24
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

12 More SOWF Students Graduate College

Congratulations Students for achieving this accomplishment

James Michael Berryhill
Graduated from Ferris State University, MI with a degree in Radiology. James is the son of MSG Roger D. Berryhill, U. S. Army, 5th Special Forces Group who died in a training accident, 1989.

Brian M. Buege
Graduated from Troy State University with a degree in Business Mgmt. Brian is the son of SMSgt Paul Buege, U. S. Air Force, 16th Special Operations Squadron, who was killed in Kuwait, 1989.

Tommy M. Campbell
Graduated from Fayetteville Technical Community College with a degree in Criminal Justice. Tommy is the son of SSG Kenneth W. Campbell, U. S. Army, 5th Special Forces Group who died in a training accident, 1989

Randi Cline
Graduated from Indiana State University with a degree in Nursing. Randi is the daughter of SGT Randy K. Cline, U. S. Army, 75th Ranger Rgmt who died in Grenada, 1989.

Lindsey Eyler
Graduated from Florida Institute of Ultrasound as an Ultrasound Technician. Lindsey is the daughter of Staff Sgt.William C. Eyler, U. S. Air Force, 16th Special Operations Squadron who died in Kenya, 1994.

JP Gant III
Graduated from Albuquerque Tech-Vocational with a degree in Metallurgy. JP is the son of Capt JP Gant, Jr., U.S. Air Force, 337th ABS who died in a training accident, 1981.

Amanda Jeske-Kowaleski
Graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire with a degree in International Business. Amanda is the daughter of SSG David Kowaleski, U. S. Army, 10th Special Forces Group who died in a training accident, 1981.

Diana Martin
Graduated from Springfield College with a degree in Applied Exercise Science. Diana is the daughter of MSG Timothy L. Martin, U. S. Army, Special Forces Command who died in Somalia, 1993.

Stephanie Matos
Graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in Exercise Science. Stephanie is the daughter of SGM Santos Matos, U. S. Army Special Forces who died in a training accident, 1991.

Daniel McIntyre Quigley
Graduated from Appalachian State with a degree in Computer Science. Daniel is the son of SSG Wilford W. McIntyre, U. S. Army Special Forces who died in a training accident, 1984.

Dustin Rodriguez
Graduated from Full Sail Real World Education with a degree in Entertainment Business. Dustin is the son of MSG Eloy A. Rodgriguez, U. S. Army, Special Forces Command who died in Iraq, 1991.

Megan Stauss Smith
Graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a degree in Theology Education. Megan is the daughter of LTC Kenneth W. Stauss, U. S. Army, 75th Ranger Rgt. who died in a training accident, 1992.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:42   #25
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I knew MSG Martin when he was assigned to 1/1 and I worked with MSG Rodriguez at SF Command. Rod was a medic with a great sense of humor.
RIP Gents.

Dustin and Diana, your fathers would be proud of you I'm sure.
TS

Dustin Rodriguez
Graduated from Full Sail Real World Education with a degree in Entertainment Business. Dustin is the son of MSG Eloy A. Rodgriguez, U. S. Army, Special Forces Command who died in Iraq, 1991.

Diana Martin
Graduated from Springfield College with a degree in Applied Exercise Science. Diana is the daughter of MSG Timothy L. Martin, U. S. Army, Special Forces Command who died in Somalia, 1993.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:08   #26
Basicload
Asset

LTC Stauss was my BN Commander when he was killed in 1992. Two Ranger BN CDRs, two RTOs, my PSG, several AFSOC STS, and the aircrew were lost.

There was one survivor (co-pilot). He was recovered from the great Salt Lake hanging to a piece of burning wreckage by three Rangers in a blackhawk survival raft who paddled out to the crash site. All three Rangers were medivac'd with the pilot for severe hyporthermia when they got him back to the Antalope island on Salt Lake. All three received soldier's medals for their actions.

The co-pilot recovered and was placed back on full slight status distinguishing himself as the air mission commander for the CSAR of a downed F-117A pilot during the KOSOVO air campaign.

There is a beautiful memorial on the causeway right by the island, if any of you ever get to salt lake city.

SOWF: I have supported them for years but I have no problems with those that choose not to. I am disappointed that they chose to have hillary associated with them as well.

I had lunch with Stephanie Shugart who was on the board of directors to give her information about the daughter of Lorenzo Ruiz who was KIA in the Mog in 93. They could not confirm that he even had a daughter until I spoke with Steph.

Last edited by Basicload; 06-11-2006 at 12:22.
Basicload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 13:04   #27
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Post 2008 SOWF Volunteer of the Year

2008 Special Operations Warrior Foundation Volunteer of the Year...

15775-1319.jpg 15775-1330.jpg

It's official... we've raised over $100,000.00 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

Most of that has been raised directly through online sales... which credit must be shared with PS.com and the other military forums that have help spread the word... so thanks to all of you is certainly in order!

I must confess that we've raised the bar over time. When we started this project, the goal was to raise $20,000 in order to fund a scholarship... then $50,000 to fund more scholarships and to beat Tiger Woods ...then we raised it to $100,000. Now we're raising it again... to raise $1,000,000!

We're already 10% of the way there....it may take some time, but this cause is worth it!

15775-1068.jpg 15775-1299.jpg

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 10-21-2008 at 13:12.
Old 10-21-2008, 13:37   #28
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Great Job LTC!

You need to write another book! (maybe a diet book You'd sell millions!)

Everybody go and buy Get Selected! NOW!

http://www.warrior-mentor.com/
Old 10-21-2008, 18:35   #29
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

Everybody go and buy Get Selected! NOW!

http://www.warrior-mentor.com/
Here's a better site:
www.specialops.org

Here's the story SOWF sent out about the evening:

Washington DC Dinner Raises $500,000

Supporting SOWF's Programs for College Educations & Wounded Warrior Support

Past and present members of the U.S. military's Special Operations community and numerous representatives from corporations gathered at the Waterford Springfield reception hall just outside Washington, D.C. on September 18th to honor America's most elite fighting forces.

The "Tribute to Special Operations Forces," hosted by the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, is an annual dinner that draws nearly 400 guests, including several high-ranking military officers and civilian leaders, family members of fallen special operations personnel and eight special operations warriors recovering at Walter Reed Army Center from wounds received while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

One of the touching moments of the night was when retired Army General John Abizaid, former CENTCOM commander and keynote speaker, introduced each of the wounded warriors and asked them to come to the front of the room where he presented each of them with a coin. General Abizaid also asked for veterans of past wars dating back to World War II to stand and be recognized for their service.

Along with General Abizaid's remarks, some of the evening's highlights included the presentation of SOWF's "Volunteer of the Year Award" to Army Major Joe Martin. Joe has helped raise more than $100,000 for SOWF through direct sales of his book "Get Selected for Special Forces."

Special Operations Warrior Foundation success story, Courtney Robinson, charmed the crowd with her remarks thanking SOWF for making it possible for her to go to college. Courtney is the daughter of a Army Special Forces Lt. Col. Craig Robinson who lost his life in 1994. Courtney was able to get her degree from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill's famous journalism program.

Since her graduation, Courtney has been on the career fast track. She recently joined WJLA- ABC 7 TV in Washington, D.C. as a reporter after spending two years at a station in Lynchburg, Virginia where her work covering the Virginia Tech massacre brought acclaim for thoroughness and sensitivity.

Entertainment for the evening was provided by the U.S.O. Liberty Belles. The lovely and talented trio of young ladies set a patriotic tone by opening the evening with the "Star Spangled Banner" and later entertained the crowd with nostalgic recreations of World War II era Andrews Sisters hits and a rousing rendition of "God Bless the USA".

Special thanks are due to the evening's Master of Ceremonies, Human Events magazine editor and former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense Jed Babbin who presided with good humor and erudition.

The bottom line for the informative and entertaining evening was more than $500,000 was raised through the generosity of many corporate sponsors, including L-3, Anheuser-Busch, Blackwater USA, Microsoft, Northrop Grumman, Pinch A Penny, and Tactical & Survival Specialties.
Old 10-21-2008, 18:42   #30
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Outstanding work Sir...

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote