Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 02-03-2004, 21:31   #46
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Posted by SDiver
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also here's a thought. How about AD and ex-military somehow have thier ranks under their user names. It's nice to know if one's addressing an Officer or another enlisted puke....Master Sergeant
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds good to me......I like the idea of knowing who I am talking to.....at least from the name change standpoint here and to avoid sticking my foot in my mouth again!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A note to all,

This site is a Special Forces Based site. For those of you that are not SF, you need to understand, that by the mere nature of it's basic unit composition, SF tends to put the O's and the E's in reverse roles on a regular basis. This has historically brought about the demise of the O's that gravitated to and found a place (Home) in SF. Well, times are a chang'in !!!

We tend to treat each other with equal respect and if there is a difference of opinion we take it to the private channels. There will always be an occasional outburst, but for the most part we keep it within our own !! Hence, the obviously more sedate and settled atmosphere that this site projects. This is the site of The Quiet Professionals !!

Any questions, please feel free to make contact (figureatively) here or via PM.

Thanks to all of you for joining us and hopefully learning why this type of an organization is so successful !!

Later
Martin
Old 02-04-2004, 06:54   #47
brownapple

Back when LTs were on teams as XOs, everyone (including the XO) knew that the most expendible man on the team was the XO. Now, with WOs taking that spot, the most expendible man is probably the CO.
Old 02-05-2004, 15:11   #48
CRad
Guerrilla

Cool Attention to Rank

It's been my experience with SF that the worst ones about being rank conscious are wives whose husbands have come from conventional units; even they get over it pretty quickly though.

I wonder if the a great deal of the mutual respect comes from the teams being small so everyone is important to mission success?
CRad is offline   Reply With Quote