Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 10-27-2009, 23:25   #46
orion5
Guerrilla Chief

Thanks, gentlemen, for your feedback. My donations are done - hope others continue to support your families as well.
orion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 18:14   #47
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation was awarded the prestigious four-star rating for the fourth consecutive year by Charity Navigator, the nation's leading charity watchdog group. The Tampa-based Special Operations Warrior Foundation, which provides support and assistance to the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel, earned the coveted rating for its ability to efficiently manage and grow its finances.

Only 7% of the charities evaluated by Charity Navigator have received at least four consecutive 4- star evaluations, indicating that Special Operations Warrior Foundation consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way, and outperforms most other charities in America.

"This exceptional designation differentiates Special Operations Warrior Foundation from its peers and demonstrates to the public it is worthy of their trust," said Ken Berger, President/CEO, Charity Navigator.

Charity Navigator uses a number of measures to evaluate charities including how much money they direct to their core missions compared with overhead and fundraising, explained Steven L. McLeary, SOWF Executive Director.

"Every single day, the foundation strives to be the best. As a result, we are able to keep our overhead low and 93 cent of every dollar goes directly to our programs," said McLeary. "The best charities are transparent and accountable to their giving public."

"The four-star rating from Charity Navigator is important to the foundation because it substantiates our commitment to supporting the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel while also being good stewards of the donations provided for our noble cause," said John T. Carney, SOWF President and CEO.

Today, there are more than 800 children in the foundation's program. Some 125 students are enrolled in colleges and universities across the country with funding by the foundation, which includes tuition, books, fees, room, board, expenses, computer and printer.

Last year, the foundation provided $1.7 million in scholarship grants, academic, financial aid and family support to our families. The foundation also provided $840,000 for wounded troops to date.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:13   #48
Stealthed
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor View Post
The Special Operations Warrior Foundation was awarded the prestigious four-star rating for the fourth consecutive year by Charity Navigator, the nation's leading charity watchdog group. The Tampa-based Special Operations Warrior Foundation, which provides support and assistance to the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel, earned the coveted rating for its ability to efficiently manage and grow its finances.

Only 7% of the charities evaluated by Charity Navigator have received at least four consecutive 4- star evaluations, indicating that Special Operations Warrior Foundation consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way, and outperforms most other charities in America.

"This exceptional designation differentiates Special Operations Warrior Foundation from its peers and demonstrates to the public it is worthy of their trust," said Ken Berger, President/CEO, Charity Navigator.

Charity Navigator uses a number of measures to evaluate charities including how much money they direct to their core missions compared with overhead and fundraising, explained Steven L. McLeary, SOWF Executive Director.

"Every single day, the foundation strives to be the best. As a result, we are able to keep our overhead low and 93 cent of every dollar goes directly to our programs," said McLeary. "The best charities are transparent and accountable to their giving public."

"The four-star rating from Charity Navigator is important to the foundation because it substantiates our commitment to supporting the families of wounded and fallen special operations personnel while also being good stewards of the donations provided for our noble cause," said John T. Carney, SOWF President and CEO.

Today, there are more than 800 children in the foundation's program. Some 125 students are enrolled in colleges and universities across the country with funding by the foundation, which includes tuition, books, fees, room, board, expenses, computer and printer.

Last year, the foundation provided $1.7 million in scholarship grants, academic, financial aid and family support to our families. The foundation also provided $840,000 for wounded troops to date.
That's awesome!

Glad to have contributed and am thoroughly enjoying GET SELETECTED!
Stealthed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:23   #49
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthed View Post
That's awesome!

Glad to have contributed and am thoroughly enjoying GET SELETECTED!
It is impressive. And if your book has a typo, send it back and I'll get you one with the title spelled correctly.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 00:01   #50
Stealthed
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor View Post
It is impressive. And if your book has a typo, send it back and I'll get you one with the title spelled correctly.
Oh dear, I never have typos...

Yeah once I'm done reading GET SELETECTED! I'll start GET SELECTED! and get back to you.

Oh yeah and cool pictures too. Got a kick out of the bottom photo on Photos-9.

Last edited by Stealthed; 11-10-2009 at 00:04.
Stealthed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:32   #51
dknob
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I agree.

It will go directly to the families of SF soldiers, not SOF, who were killed in combat, not training.

TR
wow

Last edited by dknob; 09-01-2011 at 07:34.
dknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 16:52   #52
hharke
Quiet Professional

I have supported SOWF for the past 6-8 years thru the CFC and unfortunately it came home this year. My daughters fiancee (An AF PJ) was on the CH47 with the Seals. SOWF was there within hours to support the families and organizations to include the aircrew members who were supporting the SOF mission. It was truely remarkable as they went over and above of what anyone could have expected! My hat is off to Dick D. and crew and I up'd my donation for this year. The SOF community is one big community now and has become more purple than ever before. It is time we all recognize that. Anyway just my opinion.
hharke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 17:56   #53
Saturation
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharke View Post
I have supported SOWF for the past 6-8 years thru the CFC and unfortunately it came home this year. My daughters fiancee (An AF PJ) was on the CH47 with the Seals. SOWF was there within hours to support the families and organizations to include the aircrew members who were supporting the SOF mission. It was truely remarkable as they went over and above of what anyone could have expected! My hat is off to Dick D. and crew and I up'd my donation for this year. The SOF community is one big community now and has become more purple than ever before. It is time we all recognize that. Anyway just my opinion.
I have supported since my fed employment began (not as long as you) and want to say thank you for sharing this. It's obvious from their materials and cost/admin ratios they are doing great work. Sorry there was need- glad they were there!
Saturation is offline   Reply With Quote