Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 08-03-2011, 07:52   #151
howieb110
Quiet Professional

SFARTAETC

For me it was SFARTAETC. All the ammo you want to shoot and more. Really teaches "Shoot, Move, and Communicate. It was even better to go back as an instructor.

Not even mighty warriors can break a frail arrow when it is multiplied and supported by its fellows.
As long as you brothers support one another and render assistance to one another, your enemies can never gain victory over you. But if you fall away from one another, you can be broken like a frail arrow, one at a time.
Genghis Khan (c1165-1227)
howieb110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09   #152
Dirt Farmer
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObliqueApproach View Post
This is a great thread and my first time to see it!

From the perspective of learning about myself, for me it would have to be SERE, with the main learning points being:

1) You are not as tough as you think
2) The occupants of Room 7 were true heroes
3) Pain hurts
4) 110% is not always the right answer
5) The Code of Conduct is real

I also learned that you can get road rash on your face from a vertical concrete wall if you fall asleep standing up!

When I was first on my team, senior Demo Sgt kept trying to get me sent to SERE. I really did not want to do that school. After going to Ranger school class of 1/80, I had, had enough "I am hard schools" for awhile.
Dirt Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 17:59   #153
Quiet Professional

For me it was a toss up between SOT and Advance Demo. For one we got to blow the crap out of alot of different items that we didn't normally see and the other really gave us the opportunity to hone shooting skills with live action in a realistic setting.
The most interesting had to have been ILRRPS in Germany. Got to work with alot of different airborne/sf units from different countries. We were kind of thrown together to make one unit so there was exposure to different ideas, techniques and skills
723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 17:40   #154
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

It would have to be SERE school for best I ever attended. It taught me more about myself than anything else. It was an honor and a privledge to be in the presence of some real heros like Dan Pitzer and Earl Bleacher.
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote