Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 03-27-2004, 09:57   #106
brownapple

Welcome, thou of the funny headbands and multiple pictures...

Old 03-29-2004, 14:07   #107
stinney
Asset

Introduction and looking 4 POC @ CDQC

Amazing and informative site. Thanks for all of the info. I am considering joining as 18D. I am Prior Service; I was AD Navy Special Warfare Combat Craft Captain (SWCC) with SBT 12 in San Diego for 8 Years.
About a year ago I realized that I missed life in the teams more than I thought I would. Since then I have been trying to get back into the Air force as a PJ (Pararescueman), but I found out that the career field is now closed to PS personnel. So I am looking for options to get back into the fold. I started reading/researching about Army SF and in particular the 18D MOS and found that I the Mission tasking/ profile is very close to the PJs and also very much inline with what I want to do. I am a Firefighter/Emt at NAS Key West and I was hoping I could get a POC at the CDQC and talk to them about the career and selection etc...

Thanks again for all of the info.

"You don't seem to want to accept who you are dealing with. You are dealing with a man who is an expert with guns, knives, his bare hands, a man who's been trained to ignore pain, weather,to live off the land, and eat things that would make a billy goat puke."
Col Trautman
stinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 17:31   #108
Tattoo
Asset

Quote:
Originally posted by Matchanu
I'm not here for long, I leave for FL on Sunday for a couple of weeks, then off to PA for two more, then to San Diego for a week. I'll see if I can get online somewere so I can keep up with the poop.
G, call me when you get to SD.

Rock
Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:35   #109
Robertson
SF Candidate

Hello all- I was recomended to this site, from the other site. Thanks for the invite.

I was enslited in the Reserves for two years
77th Regional Support Command, 436 Movement Control Batallion, 928th TTP Detachment.

I served as an 88M made it up to the rank of SPC and then signed a good old ROTC contract and changed to the branch where I should have started off in - Infantry.

I am now in the Guard and in the HHC 2/113IN as a Cadet.

In the future I plan to go AD and I would like to serve as an Infantry officer and after IOBC I hope to go to Ranger School and then on to SFAS.

I hope to learn a lot while I'm here and I look forward to meeting new people.

-Robertson
Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:50   #110
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Welcome to Professional Soldiers Mr. Robertson. Like the sign says, this is the Home of the Special Forces Soldier.

Gentlemen,
Mr. Robertson has some questions concerning CDQC, which he will be attending, provided he passes pre-SCUBA. He was hoping you might be so kind as to give him some direction prior to his departure.

Mr. Robertson, if you have thoroughly read and understand the rules of the board, you may pose your queries in the Base Camp on a new thread titled SFCDQC Questions. Someone will be along at their leisure to help you.

Do not pose any questions that may violate OPSEC or give you an unfair advantage in training, as they will not be answered. If you receive no answer, consider re-phrasing the question. If you still receive no answer, you may assume you will not - move on to something else.

Please be so kind as to address the Team Sergeant as Team Sergeant. The rest of us have abbreviations you will find in common use if you look. If you are in doubt, "Sir" will do unless otherwise informed. All of the men on this board with the title of "Quiet Professional" are current or former members of Special Forces. Most if not all are combat veterans. They are the best of the best. Tread lightly.

I am partial to NDD.

Again, enjoy your stay on Professional Soldiers, however brief it may be.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:03   #111
Robertson
SF Candidate

Sir,

Thank you for the additional post. I will start a thread some time later today.

-Robertson
Old 04-11-2004, 11:03   #112
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Spelling and grammar count Mr. Robertson.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-11-2004, 11:20   #113
Robertson
SF Candidate

Sir,

The link to SFCDQC Questions:

SFCDQC Questions

-Robertson
Old 04-11-2004, 14:46   #114
Matchanu
NAVY SEAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Greenhat
Welcome, thou of the funny headbands and multiple pictures...

Crap, I knew that was a mistake.
Old 04-11-2004, 14:49   #115
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Crap, I knew that was a mistake.
LOL - at least he doesn't call you a communist.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-11-2004, 14:51   #116
Matchanu
NAVY SEAL

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
LOL - at least he doesn't call you a communist.
What can I say to a guy that lives in Thailand? No matter how bad I burn him, all he has to say is, " well, you're there and I'm here." Fucker.
Old 04-11-2004, 18:28   #117
brownapple

Quote:
What can I say to a guy that lives in Thailand? No matter how bad I burn him, all he has to say is, " well, you're there and I'm here." Fucker.