You may recognize the author of this book from here video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciOGS6r97oE

A God Who Hates
The Courageous Woman Who Inflamed the Muslim World
Speaks Out Against the Evils of Islam.

By Wafa Sultan
St. Martin’s Press, 2009
256 pages

Wafa Sultan’s seminal moment was when she took on an Islamic cleric on Al-Jazeera. The clip went viral on Youtube, and it really was a defining moment in the clash of civilizations. Here was a woman, basically considered “property” in the Muslim world and expected to do what she was told, turning around after she had been interrupted numerous times, and saying in effect, “Quiet, it’s my turn.”

Now comes her new book, A God Who Hates, which will undoubtedly prove to be a key resource in the resistance to jihad and Islamization. In it, the brilliant psychiatrist from Syria, now an American citizen, tells her own story.

It is the story of a Muslim woman who grew up in a country where she was indoctrinated in Islamic ideology. So her perspective is very important in terms of establishing the credibility of scholars like Robert Spencer and Dr. Andrew Bostom. But what makes this book great, apart from its breathtaking honesty and truth and the clarity and urgency of its warning, is that it is also a beautiful love letter to America.

Wafa speaks powerfully about what America means to her. It manifests itself in little things. She leaves her house at 5 am and makes her way to Starbucks to have her coffee without fearing that someone might see her and accuse her of immoral behavior. To her, America means saying “good morning” to her neighbor and chatting with him for a few moments without being accused of having spent the night with him. America, for this courageous woman, means that her daughter can come home and tell her that she had lunch with her boyfriend without being beaten or accused of having impugned the family honor.

It is clear throughout A God Who Hates that Wafa Sultan was always a very independent thinker, even though there were times in her life when she did not immediately allow herself to go to the next step to which her thinking was leading her. She writes lovingly about her husband, who was very supportive of her. He was an open-minded thinker — initially more so than was Wafa herself. But she recounts in the book certain momentous events that jarred her thinking, such as in 1979 when Muslims screaming “Allahu akbar” murdered one of her professors, the ophthalmology lecturer Dr. Yusef Al-Yusef, whom she respected and admired. Wafa witnessed the murder – and at that exact moment started to question the nature of the Islamic faith.

“But I was afraid,” she explained when I interviewed her recently, “to express my feelings. I was afraid to express my thoughts, because under Islamic sharia, a Muslim who dares to leave Islam or dares to convert to any other religion is to be killed. And every Muslim has the right to kill someone who has left Islam without being asked a question This is the Islamic law. Once you were born as a Muslim, you’re not allowed to leave it. This is simply the Islamic law, and it seems to me it’s very hard to convince Americans that this is the way it is.”.

The recent Rifqa Bary apostasy case shows how right Wafa is about that, and how urgent her message is. Rifqa Bary is the teenage girl, a Muslim in Ohio, who left Islam four years ago and converted to Christianity. When her father found out about her conversion, she fled from her home in fear for her life. She said she ran away to Florida because she wanted to get as far away as she could — because not only her family but the mosque and the community in Ohio is very devout, and as an apostate she is in danger. But now she has been returned to Ohio, in large part because American authorities don’t know anything about Islamic apostasy law.

If they had read A God Who Hates, Rifqa might be in a safer place today. “This case,” said Wafa, “showed America in a very ugly light, that we will sacrifice a young girl on the altar of political correctness rather than do the right thing.”

A God Who Hates is a devastating book, coming from a most reliable witness. “My book,” Wafa told me, “is about my personal life. In my book I lead my readers step by step throughout my life, from A to Z, so they can figure out what has changed me, what has helped me to break free from Islam. It didn’t happen overnight. It took many years and a great deal of pain to reach where I am today. Through my book I am trying to send a message to the West, that Islam is a hateful ideology and it’s very dangerous for Islam to be established in this free country. This is my message to the West.”

Wafa Sultan is trying to get her message to the Muslim world, not just to the West. Hers is a very powerful voice, and one that Islamic supremacists would very much like to silence. As she told me in our interview: “It’s very dangerous to go against Islam. Prior to my book release I was forced to go into hiding, fearing for my safety and for my family’s safety. I received death threats on a daily basis, and I know what they mean by telling me that, I know how bitter they are, I was one of them. I can very much understand the mindset of Muslims.”

Nevertheless, despite the immense risks, A God Who Hates will be translated into Arabic and made available in the Arab-Muslim world. And it is a must read for all free people. This is a book that you not only have to read, but to give to the people in your office. Give it to your daughters, give it to your children. Show them why they should love America, and fight to defend her from the Islamic oppression that Wafa Sultan escaped.

ORDER YOURS HERE:
http://www.amazon.com/God-Who-Hates-.../dp/0312538359

Pamela Geller is the founder, editor and publisher of the popular and award-winning weblog AtlasShrugs.com. She has won acclaim for her interviews with internationally renowned figures, including John Bolton, Geert Wilders, Bat Ye’or, Natan Sharansky, and many others, and has broken numerous important stories — notably the questionable sources of some of the financing of the Obama campaign. Her op-eds have been published in The Washington Times, The American Thinker, Israel National News, Frontpage Magazine, Big Government, World Net Daily, and New Media Journal, among other publications.

She is the co-author (with Robert Spencer) of The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America (forward by Ambassador John Bolton), coming soon from Simon and Schuster.

PRE-ORDER HERE:
http://www.amazon.com/Post-American-...0462221&sr=1-2
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 15:02   #2
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Give yourself a crash course...

Pick this up at your closest book store or library...just read the last 6 pages from 239-244.

Wafa discusses Colin Powell's appearance on Meet the Press in support of Obama.

"For me that interview was a turning point. I was shocked by
a remark made by Mr Powell that had nothing to do with the
subject at hand. Mr. Powell expressed his displeasure at the
McCain campaign's accusations that Obama was a Muslim,
and retorted, "And what if he were? What would be wrong
with that?"

"At that moment, I felt as if the room were spinning
around and I held on to my chair, afraid I might fall. This
remark poured salt on my wounds and posed a question: If Colin
Powell doesn't know what it means for the American Presidential
candidate to be Muslim, then who does?

The man who had once held the post of American Secretary of State
couldn't see what was wrong with America's choosing a Muslim President,

even though it is the country that suffered the most from
Muslim terrorism and paid the highest price because of it.

"Until that moment, I had considered Mr. Powell one of the
giants of American Politics. To me he was as majestic as the
American eagle. But in that moment, I saw the eagle topple from
its lofty peak and tumble down in front of me like a little bird.
And with it tumbled many of my convictions.

"I know that Mr Powell, ....refuses to judge people on the basis
of their religious affiliation, and that is right. But he does not
have the right to be ignorant or to disregard the FACT that Islam
is not just a religion: It is a political doctrine that imposes itself
by force
, and we have to subject to microscopic scrutiny any Muslim
in America who ascends to the heights of this sensitive and
supremely important post.

From "A god Who Hates" by Wafa Sultan pages 239-241.
Old 12-12-2009, 17:45   #3
CoLawman
Area Commander

Quote:
the FACT that Islam
is not just a religion: It is a political doctrine that imposes itself
by force
And that says it all so succinctly!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:22   #4
7624U
Quiet Professional

Another interview with her talking about why she is against it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrP5fB0UXNk&feature=fvw

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:41   #5
testedone
Auxiliary

You know I don't consider myself to be a genius..but I read a lot, I have read both sides of the Islam is peaceful argument (I do enjoy Robert Spencer's books) and all the different information on Islam, history tells us a great story on Islam also...

But for the life of me I can't understand why Americans and politicians refuse to recognize the elephant in the room for what it is, I believe they know what they (Islam) hope to achieve is true but they refuse to recognize and accept it.

I remember in one of the movies I saw either Obsession or the third Jihad, were the lady Bridgette Gabrielle made a statement along the lines of you want to know what Islam is about...ask a service member that has done a tour overseas... So I know these politicians have spoken with leaders and such but why the refusal to accept and understand the truth...

That is what is hard for me to understand..in the face of the enemy they (many Americans & politicians) refuse to see the enemy in front of them

BTW

this link that Warrior-Mentor posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciOGS6r97oE

This lady is great and I loved the points she made about the Jews, I will be reading her book
testedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 17:18   #6
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up

Andrew Bostom's review can be found here:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...cassandra.html

Digressing, Wafa has inspired me to try to find two more books, both by Abdullah al-Qasimi:

The World is not a Mind and This Universe - What is it's Conscience?

Amazon and google are both coming up empty....if any one finds a link where I can score hard copies or electrons...would be much obliged.

Thanks!

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 12-15-2009 at 17:24.