Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 10-23-2014, 21:05   #1
conco303
Asset

Widespread Notions re: Group 5

As a highly motivated, but not yet affirmed, Green Beret recruit, I feel as though my skill set would best fit into this group (Arabic, some Russian, deep knowledge of ME and Arab culture, having visited the region, etc...). However, it is no secret that Group 5 has seen the most combat action in the last decade, and is not place for the feint of heart- not that any Group is, of course.
My point is, despite my very high intelligence and acute knowledge of this operating theatre, would this group be unfriendly or potentially too intense for a newcomer to the United States Army? I know that just because I'm a whiz mentally, I'm completely unproven as a soldier.
conco303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 21:11   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by conco303 View Post
As a highly motivated, but not yet affirmed, Green Beret recruit, I feel as though my skill set would best fit into this group (Arabic, some Russian, deep knowledge of ME and Arab culture, having visited the region, etc...). However, it is no secret that Group 5 has seen the most combat action in the last decade, and is not place for the feint of heart- not that any Group is, of course.
My point is, despite my very high intelligence and acute knowledge of this operating theatre, would this group be unfriendly or potentially too intense for a newcomer to the United States Army? I know that just because I'm a whiz mentally, I'm completely unproven as a soldier.
Are you a native English speaker?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 21:14   #3
conco303
Asset

Yeah, I was born in Chicago but my dad was a refugee of the Lebanese Civil War. He went on to achieve amazing things in this country, so I owe the USA.
Old 10-23-2014, 21:15   #4
conco303
Asset

O wait you're the guy that rides my ass on every post. I'm no quitter, so your constant needling is not going to dampen my resolve.
Old 10-23-2014, 21:31   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
O wait you're the guy that rides my ass on every post. I'm no quitter, so your constant needling is not going to dampen my resolve.
Pardon me?

You may want to check yourself.

Your diction and spelling led to my question.

You have a grand total of twelve posts, including this one. Let's not be overly dramatic.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 22:15   #6
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I know that just because I'm a whiz mentally,
A GT score is not always an indicator of common sense. An intangible that is highly valued in the profession you are seeking to join.

Good luck to you.

LHC