Old 09-18-2007, 13:38   #1
Automatic
BANNED USER

Corrective Vision

My eyes are extremely bad; so bad, in fact, that I can't tell if the eye-doctor letter chart is even there (the one with the E on top). I'm currently wearing contacts, but want my eyes fixed before committing myself to SF.

Should I get it done on my own, or have the military do it? I don't know if there is even such a thing as "the military doing it", but I thought I'd ask in case they required a perfect surgery and had in-house doctors perform it. There would be nothing worse than having my eyes fixed on my own, only to find out he did it "wrong", and I should have waited for the military to do it.

-Automatic
Automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 13:49   #2
Pete
Quiet Professional

Search Feature

The Search Feature is your friend

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...rective+Vision

And many more are just waiting to be found.

Pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 14:31   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
My eyes are extremely bad; so bad, in fact, that I can't tell if the eye-doctor letter chart is even there (the one with the E on top). I'm currently wearing contacts, but want my eyes fixed before committing myself to SF.

Should I get it done on my own, or have the military do it? I don't know if there is even such a thing as "the military doing it", but I thought I'd ask in case they required a perfect surgery and had in-house doctors perform it. There would be nothing worse than having my eyes fixed on my own, only to find out he did it "wrong", and I should have waited for the military to do it.

-Automatic
Learn to use the Search button before starting new threads here. The stickies, "Read This", and Introduction threads are an excellent place to start.

The next time you post a question before searching will be unfortunate.

More reading, less posting. More PT, even better.

Good luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 14:33   #4
Automatic
BANNED USER

Yes, I had found that post before posting this one. He talks about how he is looking toward corrective surgery and how he hopes his headaches will cease. Few members mentioned how important it is to have your eyes corrected.

However, my original question (the point of my post) was never answered: Is there a benefit to having the military correct my eyes over a doctor of my choosing? I figured a new, unanswered question would be a good cause for a new topic, since the last two pages of that post were on something completely unrelated.

-Automatic

Last edited by Automatic; 09-18-2007 at 14:38.
Old 09-18-2007, 14:36   #5
Automatic
BANNED USER

And for the record, wouldn't it be easier to simply type a:

"Yes, the military can have it done for you. You may also correct your eyes on your own, if you like"

or

"No, you may not get your eyes fixed. The military must do it once you join"

rather than a response that's twice as long, telling me how to use the search function? I'd figure simplicity would be easier, and would save everyone time. Maybe I am mistaken.
Old 09-18-2007, 14:56   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome to the real world. A little bit of searching and reading, as I suggested, would have provided you with the answer, and the opportunity to continue searching and posting here in the future.

There are at least SEVEN separate threads on LASIK before or after joining military service, if you had not been too lazy to seach for yourself. I referenced the definitive AR for medical clearance, to include vision, in one of the threads I advised you to read. This topic has been covered adequately for anyone with the energy to search. Fact: We do not need immature kids in SF who expect others to do their work for them.

You are also displaying the Situational Awareness of a rock by taking this tack with me, rather than rogering up and doing your own homework.

I have taken advantage of this opportunity to assess you and found you wanting, based on more than 20 years of SF experience, six of them dealing with students in the SFAS and SFQC. At this point, your parents are probably right to advise you to stay out. Try again in a few years when you have grown and matured, if you ever do.

You are correct in one way. It is easier to boot you than to continue this idiotic exchange with an argumentative kid who wants to be spoon-fed all of the answers. Good bye.

And have a very SF day.

Anyone else with a vision question might want to review the above before asking it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote