Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Insurgencies & Guerrilla Warfare

Old 02-26-2007, 22:02   #16
Para
Quiet Professional

Some interesting on COIN Ops in Afghanistan. The thesis has some validity to it as USSF gets further removed from any influence/command and control in the Afghan National Army and becomes more reliant on it's "By, Through and With" local national forces being either Afghan National Police or Afghan Border Police.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CRS_Afghanistan_2006.pdf (467.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf Unconventional COIN in Afghanistan_Thesis_2006.pdf (411.3 KB, 65 views)
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill
Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 18:47   #17
archade
Asset

hi dear warriors,

here are some additional stuff for COIN studies :

"We are the only country the order to make alot with nothing can be given without laughing "

Last edited by archade; 01-19-2009 at 15:45.
archade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 18:51   #18
archade
Asset

Sorry for last file, I didn't watch so carefully I expected the previous studies in the thread. I will post a list of others studies too heavy to be attached here at the end of the week.

"We are the only country the order to make alot with nothing can be given without laughing "
Old 01-19-2009, 16:00   #19
archade
Asset

Feel free to contact me if you are looking for other studies on this topic. The upload limit of 1 Mo doesn't help me to post :-)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COIN oman.pdf (646.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: pdf united states coin doctrine and implementation in iraq.pdf (189.1 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by archade; 01-29-2009 at 19:14.
Old 01-29-2009, 19:16   #20
archade
Asset

another study under 1mo
Old 09-02-2009, 16:28   #21
archade
Asset

a new study
My € .02

Old 09-03-2009, 16:17   #22
alfromcolorado
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDilegge View Post
NDD,

As always, thanks for the professional endorsement. We put a lot of work into the site, the magazine and the discussion board and hope it is useful...

I am particularly proud of the library...

Again, much appreciated...

Dave Dilegge

Small Wars Journal
You are a favorite link for everyone, civilian and Marine, working IW Branch Marine Special Operations School, MARSOC
alfromcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:58   #23
archade
Asset

Dear QP

some others studies under 1 mo

My € .02

Old 09-13-2009, 06:00   #24
archade
Asset

others studies €.02

Old 06-14-2010, 11:12   #25
head
Quiet Professional

"The COIN Warrior"

Courtesy of SWJ.
http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/201...waging-influe/
Quote:
“The COIN Warrior” Waging Influence
Hints for the Counterinsurgency (COIN) Strategy in Afghanistan
by Sean McKenna and Russell Hampsey

ISAFCAAT-E Memorandum Special to Small Wars Journal

The purpose of this document is to flatten the information sharing process across the force and provide information that we have seen throughout the Afghan Theater. The intent is to provide information to personnel in their pre-deployment training at the National and International Training Centers, as well as forces currently operating in the Afghan COIN Environment. The information contained in this document can be utilized as a pocket guide for continual reference.

Since the announcement of the Counterinsurgency Strategy with the publishing of the Integrated Civilian-Military Campaign Plan (ICMCP) we have advised and assisted numerous units from Regional Commands to Platoon sized elements. There are a few common threads that resonate throughout the lower echelons of command and we identified a need to address these universal issues.

This document is not a panacea, but should provide personnel at all levels with insight as to several techniques and ideas to put into their tool kit to improve their repertoire especially at the battalion, company, and platoon levels. The counterinsurgency environment in Afghanistan requires a customized approach in every village and valley; you are only limited by your imagination and ability to influence.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf coin warrior.pdf (965.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-16-2010, 15:32   #26
Richard
Quiet Professional

Cilliers, CJ. Counterinsurgency in Rhodesia; Biddles Ltd, UK; 1985.
  • A Brief History of the War for Zimbabwe 1890-1979
  • Command and Control
  • Protected and Consolidated Villages
  • Operations Overload and Overload 2
  • Border Minefield Obstacles
  • Pseudo Operations and the Selous Scouts
  • IDAD - PSYOPS - Poplation and Resource Control, Civic Action
  • External Operations
  • Operation Favour - Security Force Auxiliaries
  • Intelligence
  • The Security Situation by late 1979
  • Conclusion
  • Selected Bibliography
Downloadable 7.5mb pdf file at - http://www.iss.co.za/pubs/Books/rhodesia/Contents.htm

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:33   #27
BearW
Asset

Great read.

Lots of good info here. I enjoyed the Unconventional COIN in AFG report.

Good link Richard, i'll be bookmarking that little guy.

Thanks Heaps,

Bear
Old 09-30-2010, 20:16   #28
berdan
Asset

Frank Kitson and Trinquier

If anyone is interested, I have some PDF books of a few classics.
PM and I will email books by Frank Kitson and Trinquier...

"Gangs and Counter-Gangs"

"Low Intensity Operations"

"Directing Operations"

"Modern Warfare"

Also_ "Bunch of Five" by Frank Kitson is being reprinted. Have not located a PDF copy as yet.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...+five/7738603/

Regards

Berdan

"You can do anything with a bayonet, except sit on it." Napolean
berdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 16:58   #29
archade
Asset

others studies
respectfully

Old 02-06-2012, 18:41   #30
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by archade View Post
others studies
respectfully
These are some great reads. Nice post on all the PDF files. THX

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote