Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 06-27-2018, 12:39   #1
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Justice Kennedy retiring

The one time cnn wishes their news was fake.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/polit...res/index.html
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 13:57   #2
Pete
Quiet Professional

Things are going to get interesting fast.

The left will step up their physical attacks on people on the right.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 14:08   #3
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Things are going to get interesting fast.

The left will step up their physical attacks on people on the right.
Rumor has it that "disrupters" are being bussed to Fargo for tonights Trump rally.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 15:05   #4
Paslode
Area Commander

I will be interested to see how long McConnell waits to vote the next justice in. I have read he said fall, but before or after the mid-terms is the big question.
Old 06-27-2018, 16:21   #5
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
I will be interested to see how long McConnell waits to vote the next justice in. I have read he said fall, but before or after the mid-terms is the big question.
The left sure wants to wait until after the mid-terms.

I just want a conservative that doesn't have baggage..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 16:42   #6
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Well, since Supreme Court justices are A-political and interpreters of the Constitution and current law of the land this is no big deal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH AH

This will be an absolute Scheiße Sturm

James Madison

Last edited by Ret10Echo; 06-27-2018 at 16:46.
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 17:05   #7
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Well, since Supreme Court justices are A-political and interpreters of the Constitution and current law of the land this is no big deal.
Just this morning I had an online discussion about the interpretation of the 14th Amendment with a self-described Constitutional Scholar. I quoted one of the authors of the Amendment on whether anchor babies were included. He dismissed Sen. Howard's explanation and said, "A Senator’s interpretations of the 14th Amendment doesn’t count for much. Whether you agree or disagree, it’s the Supreme Court’s interpretation that matters". There you go.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 06-27-2018, 17:34   #8
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
The left sure wants to wait until after the mid-terms.

I just want a conservative that doesn't have baggage..

Yep, I saw that Chuckie was suggesting that Mitch follow proper protocols which would put the SCOTUS vote off until mid-terms. But we both know that Chuckie is merely trying to buy time in hopes the Dems return to power. Even if McConnell pulls the trigger prior to mid-terms there is still the worry of commies like McCain screwing the pooch.

Trump better do some extreme vetting on his choices because baggage like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby will put this way past mid-terms.
Old 06-27-2018, 18:58   #9
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Just this morning I had an online discussion about the interpretation of the 14th Amendment with a self-described Constitutional Scholar. I quoted one of the authors of the Amendment on whether anchor babies were included. He dismissed Sen. Howard's explanation and said, "A Senator’s interpretations of the 14th Amendment doesn’t count for much. Whether you agree or disagree, it’s the Supreme Court’s interpretation that matters". There you go.
I should have used pink font...

Quote:
There... fixed it

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 20:23   #10
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
I should have used pink font...

There... fixed it
Not needed, I was agreeing with you. I was just underlining it with my conversation this morning with a "Constitutional scholar".

Old 06-27-2018, 21:41   #11
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Scheiße Sturm ... Ich glaube es auch. Kennedy born in 1936- Ruth born in 1933 Sie anscheinend trinken wie eine Fisch.

Combined with sore ous transferring 18 billion into the USA as well as all the periphery ie. tool 44 and subjects from any number of post...good time to be prepared. Has the makings of Krieg gegen Götter Menschen.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 06-29-2018 at 15:04.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:03   #12
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Yep, I saw that Chuckie was suggesting that Mitch follow proper protocols which would put the SCOTUS vote off until mid-terms.
The Biden "suggestion" regarded a Presidential election year. And although they postured a bunch when Obozo's Garland didn't get a hearing, they didn't go full-berserker because they just knew that Felonia von Pantsuit was going to win.

Trump is not a lame-duck POTUS. IME Trump should nominate his pick, after extreme vetting, and that person should get the "advice & consent" of the Senate & get confirmed. As Obozo enjoyed publically telling John McStain, "Elections have consequences..."

Will it happen? Not likely. See "eunuch" in the dictionary regarding my confidence in the current (R) majority. Meanwhile, Hollyweird IS going full berserk (or at least curling into fetal position), which just makes my day.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:15   #13
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
The Biden "suggestion" regarded a Presidential election year. And although they postured a bunch when Obozo's Garland didn't get a hearing, they didn't go full-berserker because they just knew that Felonia von Pantsuit was going to win.

Trump is not a lame-duck POTUS. IME Trump should nominate his pick, after extreme vetting, and that person should get the "advice & consent" of the Senate & get confirmed. As Obozo enjoyed publically telling John McStain, "Elections have consequences..."

Will it happen? Not likely. See "eunuch" in the dictionary regarding my confidence in the current (R) majority. Meanwhile, Hollyweird IS going full berserk (or at least curling into fetal position), which just makes my day.
Not just Hollyweird, it is the radical left as a whole on the verge of going full berserk. And why....based on their demeanor it would appear it is the only card they have remaining which they might win a hand.

It's strange, these people I see and hear remind me of a wacko cult and I just wonder what in life left them so f-d up.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:58   #14
Box
Quiet Professional

If the POTUS nominated Felonious VonPantsuit for a seat in the SCOTUS you'd see liberals lining up to block it - it must be trick - if Trump wants her, there must be something going on......
....monitr his Tweets to see what he has up his sleeve - harrumph harrumph, never ever Trumph, blah blah blah
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:29   #15
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Just how important is it now, that Donald Trump was elected President instead of Hillary?
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote