Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-12-2013, 16:32   #181
Lan
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

blanco5:
Well, we know who the first 1,100 people the government is going after!

My answer:
blanco5,
Just WHO do you think the government would send?
Team Sergeant
Thank you for sharing this Team Sergeant. It's an honor to witness what I believe is a pivotal moment in American History. I quoted this because blanco5 made a comment typical of someone who chooses his 1A over his 2A. We have 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason, and if the typical liberal listened more they would understand that our 1A doesn't mean much without our 2A. Non thinking people like him are what will ultimately lead to the demise of our liberties. The most recent election proved they are the majority IMO.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

And for the politicians who are doing everything they falsely believe will better our society, or the ones who propose legislation that infringes on my safety to push a liberal agenda in an effort to be re elected-

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I appreciate the 1100 Quiet Professionals who made their stance known.
Old 02-12-2013, 17:04   #182
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
I appreciate the 1100 Quiet Professionals who made their stance known.
dido!

and there many others like yourself whom will not wavier.

Yours Truly,

Tired of wimps, whiners, freeloaders, lairs, and emotionally void intellectuals with poor reading comprehension and logic skills imposing their fears and limitations on others.

Boy that felt good...

Last edited by badshot; 02-12-2013 at 23:03. Reason: corrections
badshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 18:13   #183
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by badshot View Post
dido!

and there many others like yourself whom will not wavier.

Yours Truly,

Tired of wimp's, winer's, freeloader's, lair's, and emotionally void intellectuals with poor reading comprehension and logic skills imposing their fears and limitations on others.

Boy that felt good...
How ironic!
Old 02-12-2013, 19:42   #184
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
How ironic!
Indeed
Old 02-12-2013, 19:49   #185
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Looks like some has the intestinal fortitude to just say it! ( Ie balls)
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 21:15   #186
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Indeed
I'm not sure what you meant by the above... with the , but I was attempting to point out the irony of your criticism of people with "poor reading comprehension and logic skills" in a post filled with poor spelling and punctuation.

Spellcheck is your friend.

(Note to Newbies:
Some might say this is not important, but it is. The value of your words is lessened by poor spelling and grammar. Take your time. If what you have to say is important, it is worth saying well.)
Old 02-12-2013, 21:37   #187
SF18C
Quiet Professional

After watching the POTUS give the SOTU address my thoughts...

I agree with one thing BHO said: Let's have a vote!

Put YOUR name on the line that strips the 2nd A from us! Let us know where YOU stand!

Congress, let's have a vote!
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!
SF18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:22   #188
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
I'm not sure what you meant by the above... with the , but I was attempting to point out the irony of your criticism of people with "poor reading comprehension and logic skills" in a post filled with poor spelling and punctuation.

Spellcheck is your friend.

(Note to Newbies:
Some might say this is not important, but it is. The value of your words is lessened by poor spelling and grammar. Take your time. If what you have to say is important, it is worth saying well.)
Thanks, I'll use my friend next time...and will correct the post when near a PC.
Old 02-12-2013, 22:51   #189
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
...and will correct the post when near a PC.
Too late. First impressions and such. Good luck in your next life.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 00:14   #190
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Richard
And so it goes...
Old 02-13-2013, 00:53   #191
bluebb
Quiet Professional

Originally Posted by Richard
Richard

Originally Posted by Badshot
and so it goes...

Badshot

oh snap

NOUS DEFIONS
bluebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 18:03   #192
pcfixer
Guerrilla

NRA found this document
Quote:
Summary of Select Firearm Violence Prevention Strategies
Greg Ridgeway, Ph.D.
Deputy Director National Institute of Justice
http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf

Memo from DOJ

http://americanvisionnews.com/5476/n...mo#commentlist

Old 02-13-2013, 19:33   #193
Badger52
Area Commander

How embarassing for the NRA. Even the 2nd source reference gets it wrong, calling it a DoJ memo and then citing what it really is, a study by the Nat'l Institute of Justice. One is a Big Gov agency, the other a think-tank that takes grants & does studies. (They also did a similar one that examined the efficacy of the Clinton AWB.)

If you will give a reasonable read of the document you will see they are documenting what the prevalent thought process is for simplistic advocates of gun control, then what the actual measures needed are to make such an idiocy work, and then a discussion.

They get grant money sometimes from DoJ but when the result comes out looking like this - as many of the post-Clinton CDC studies did - you'll notice that the DoJ is not very quick to publish and say, "a-HA!"

Finally, 'cause I'm tired, they get their source of illegal gun information from....
drum roll please....
the ATF. If you look at the chart/graphic they provide you'll see that this is not saying 47% of sales are straw purchases, it's 47% of the illegal guns, which is an unknowable number even if you're a Big G agency running sting storefronts in Milwaukee. (sorry, bad example)

Frankly, one of the things that drives despots crazy with the issue of private sales of any kind is that they don't have the widget they can count. They know there are hundreds of millions of firearms out there based on 4473 actions. But - what - about - the - ones - they - don't - know - about ?

It's a study, worthy of a thorough read, not just the Adobe highlights added by a blog.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 02-13-2013 at 20:06. Reason: added cite to comment on previous study
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:18   #194
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
How embarassing for the NRA. Even the 2nd source reference gets it wrong, calling it a DoJ memo and then citing what it really is, a study by the Nat'l Institute of Justice. One is a Big Gov agency, the other a think-tank that takes grants & does studies. (They also did a similar one that examined the efficacy of the Clinton AWB.)

If you will give a reasonable read of the document you will see they are documenting what the prevalent thought process is for simplistic advocates of gun control, then what the actual measures needed are to make such an idiocy work, and then a discussion.

They get grant money sometimes from DoJ but when the result comes out looking like this - as many of the post-Clinton CDC studies did - you'll notice that the DoJ is not very quick to publish and say, "a-HA!"

Finally, 'cause I'm tired, they get their source of illegal gun information from....
drum roll please....
the ATF. If you look at the chart/graphic they provide you'll see that this is not saying 47% of sales are straw purchases, it's 47% of the illegal guns, which is an unknowable number even if you're a Big G agency running sting storefronts in Milwaukee. (sorry, bad example)

Frankly, one of the things that drives despots crazy with the issue of private sales of any kind is that they don't have the widget they can count. They know there are hundreds of millions of firearms out there based on 4473 actions. But - what - about - the - ones - they - don't - know - about ?

It's a study, worthy of a thorough read, not just the Adobe highlights added by a blog.
Good explaination. Most importantly as I see it is the "plan" of the administration and DOJ to have universal background checks, registration of all firearms, nationwide gun buy back ( will not work). This all leads to a confiscation program no doubt. It is the intent to 'control' the population by disarmament.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:48   #195
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Good explaination. Most importantly as I see it is the "plan" of the administration and DOJ to have universal background checks, registration of all firearms, nationwide gun buy back ( will not work). This all leads to a confiscation program no doubt. It is the intent to 'control' the population by disarmament.
I agree that would be some of their goals. I'm just also pointing out that their own studies, which objectively told them in all candor one (of many) ways ahead, have also told them it won't accomplish much. Other than to disarm citizens.

This is a case where both sides are highlighting their favorite parts of the same page. For one it's to sound a klaxon, for the other it's to help them in their playbook & talking points. Both miss the results of all these studies that indicate - THIS STUFF DOESN'T ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING in terms of mitigating what their rhetoric says is their concern, something the QP's published treatise has addressed most eloquently.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote