Old 10-27-2006, 22:41   #2
michael.j.burns
BANNED USER

Dear 20th gourp

i have a big question to ask?

How do you become a SF guardsman?

How do i get to selection?

I need the best advice i can get.

Im national guard out of Tn, Im currently in iraq.

When i return home ill be reclassed to 11B.
michael.j.burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:36   #3
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.j.burns
i have a big question to ask?

How do you become a SF guardsman?

How do i get to selection?

I need the best advice i can get.

Im national guard out of Tn, Im currently in iraq.

When i return home ill be reclassed to 11B.
1. Introduce yourself in the proper location - a sticky named "Introductions II" that is fairly easy to find.

2. Read every sticky on this board - at least twice, do not post again (TS, back me up here) until you have done so.

3. Learn proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage of the English language - use it when you post on this board, act professionally when dealing with professionals.

4.USE THE SEARCH BUTTON - all of your questions are answered there, multiple times, in varying levels of detail.

The best advice I can give you - Please, don't bother even thinking about SF, your lack of SA, failure to follow simple instructions, inability to think for yourself, lack of maturity (as evidenced by your inability to properly use your mother tongue), and general laziness would cause you to be humiliated in your initial interview with a QP at the 20th SFG(A). Oh, yeah - your idiocy is proven - the friggin phone number for the 20th is at the top of this sticky - dumbass. BTW, I was originally an 11B, what's wrong with Infantry -a lot of the QPs on the board and in SF were originally 11Bs - that's how we grew up.

Thank you for your service, it's appreciated - but your post shows that you're going to be a better 11B than anything else.

EDIT - Mods - please move this post and the one above to the proper thread, young Mr. Burns attached this to 18Cs POC sticky.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR

Last edited by x SF med; 10-28-2006 at 08:42.
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 15:44   #4
michael.j.burns
BANNED USER

thank you

Thanks for the no beat around the bush advice. Ill take all that into consideration. In the mean time if there is anything else you want to put out there then let me know. Have a nice day.
michael.j.burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 17:30   #5
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Burns-
There is no "consideration" on your part. Introduce yourself correctly, in the proper place. It shows that your only interest is "xbox", you have the attention span of a gnat and ability to follow instructions of a 4 year old. You are not an Army of One here, you are a guest and you will follow the protocols of this site. Is that clear enough for you?

If you even get to selection, some of the QPs on this site will be the one's evaluating you - why do you insist on starting with a minimum of one strike? They will know who you are. This is not good, not good at all.

(your only answer should be: "Yes, Sergeant" and smartly move out and follow instructions, if you're smart) There is a lot of information on this site, and a lot of help, if you show some initiative.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 17:47   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.j.burns
Thanks for the no beat around the bush advice. Ill take all that into consideration. In the mean time if there is anything else you want to put out there then let me know. Have a nice day.
Since you don't want to read the instructions, or follow them when they are provided for you, and seem to have a low SA, I do not see a bright future for you in the Army, much less SF.

It is considered rude to barge into our site and start demanding info without following the instructions you were provided in your welcome email, to read certain posts and get the feel of this site before posting.

Comply with the instructions given before posting again and do some reading of the intros and stickies, or I will lock your account. I am trying to be kind to vistors this week, and I appreciate your service. If this is the career path you want to try, you really do not want to piss us off.

That is all, have a very SF day.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 21:25   #7
Geo
Asset

I say lock his account. I am only a guest here, but the blatent disrespect in a public forum bothers me. I'm done. Sorry if I'm out of line.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 21:45   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
I say lock his account. I am only a guest here, but the blatent disrespect in a public forum bothers me. I'm done. Sorry if I'm out of line.
You can stand clear, I think we have this under control. Move along, nothing to see.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:19   #9
MIKE E
Quiet Professional

Could someone please update phone # C/2/20TH

Could someone in the Know from C/2/20th SFG Please update the phone number for C/2/20thSFG, the number listed here is not working, Thank you
MIKE E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:33   #10
abc_123
Quiet Professional

C/2/20

I am not in C/2/20, however try the following:

662-294-0056 or 662-294-0159
Old 08-30-2014, 03:43   #11
Commo Dude
Quiet Professional

Update?

Can anyone update the POC info? Or provide an email address?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 13:45   #12
Keenan
SF Candidate

Having trouble with both of those numbers. Trying to reach a TL who refuses to answer VOIP/SVOIP and has a cell phone listed as a work number. Anyone actually at the MS company?
Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:42   #13
CryptKeeper
Asset

POC C/2/20th

POC for HQ DET in Jackson, MS - (601) 313-4625

This is the current # listed on my orders, so it should work.
Old 04-26-2021, 18:33   #14
Geenie
Guerrilla

Question Good POC?

Is anyone here connected to the recruiting office for B Co 2/20th? I've been trying to work with them for over a year and a half (!) on a REP-63 contract and am perpetually getting the runaround. If someone can provide guidance or facilitate some accountability within that office, I would be eternally grateful.
Geenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:49   #15
glebo
Quiet Professional

/\ /\ /\ I've reached out to a couple of folks...we'll see...hopefully soon

EDIT:.. Follow up, I should have an answer later today..(EST)

Last edited by glebo; 04-27-2021 at 06:15.
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote