Old 04-02-2015, 22:20   #1
round2
Asset

NTR IVW SFAS waiver

Last edited by round2; 06-12-2015 at 21:21.
round2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:43   #2
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

NTR = Never To Return

IVW = Involuntary Withdrawl

SFAS = SPECIAL FORCES Assesment and Selection

That designation says one is not fit to be in Special Forces, kicked out for cause, and told to never come back. What makes you think there is a waiver for that?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:54   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Last time I heard of it, it took the Training Group Commander to change it.

Given the current numbers, I would not expect to see that waivered for someone who quit when given a shot at it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 15:42   #4
round2
Asset

Last edited by round2; 06-12-2015 at 21:19.
Old 04-03-2015, 19:11   #5
Joker
Quiet Professional

What did you do, or not do, to get a NTR IVW?
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 20:10   #6
round2
Asset

Old 04-03-2015, 20:18   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

...one single "light ruck" infraction got you "NTR'd" ??
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 21:13   #8
round2
Asset

Old 04-04-2015, 03:47   #9
x SF med
Quiet Professional

One light ruck gets a counseling statement and an assessment tick on the wrong side of the ledger.

There is more to it than you are saying.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:22   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
One light ruck gets a counseling statement and an assessment tick on the wrong side of the ledger.

There is more to it than you are saying.
Concur.

I sat on the SFAS boards for four years, and I never saw anyone bounced (much less NTRed) for a single rucksack weight violation. There were always multiple violations of instructions or character flaws revealed.

The fact that you are asking us to do your homework is an indicator to me.

A recruiter would be the first place for you to look.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:43   #11
round2
Asset

Last edited by round2; 06-12-2015 at 21:20.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:50   #12
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by round2 View Post
What could be done to find them out now?
Examine your navel.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 16:22   #13
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by round2 View Post
All of the recruiters I have spoken with told me NTRs are final, and that there is no way for them to see what happened. If I had other infractions, I was not briefed what standards they were when I left. What could be done to find them out now?
No counseling on an NTR IVW? All you can remember is one light ruck? Sorry the BS flag has to be thrown here, there were other issues with attitude, character or motivation that come into play. With the evasive nature of your postings, I'm thinking ethical and moral values, or maturity.

I also can't believe there was no exit brief - TR, MR2, Miclo - is that common for NTRs, no counseling?

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 18:01   #14
round2
Asset

Unhappy

Last edited by round2; 06-12-2015 at 21:20.