Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-06-2016, 11:59   #901
Sohei
Area Commander

I could have a "tool box" to be proud of from all the hypocritical tools in Hollyweird when it comes to their hypocritical views on guns.

The A list grows by the day!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:23   #902
tonyz
Area Commander

Some compelling statistics - received this from the NSSF - the numbers are at the link below.

NSSF Infographic: Gun Sales Up, Crime Rates Down

July 6, 2016 By nssfnews
With gun control advocates in Congress continuing to beat the drum on restricting Americans’ Second Amendment rights, it’s important to remember the facts are on our side.

As NSSF’s new infographic shows, violent crime continues its downward trend, even as the firearms market sees more and more growth over the past two decades. Fortunately we also see the number of firearm accidents dropping year after year.

Looking at the infographic below, one thing is clear; punishing the law-abiding firearms owners in the U.S. and the federally-regulated firearms and ammunition industry for the criminal acts of terrorists and madmen cannot be justified by data. These pictures are worth a 1,000 words.

http://www.nssfblog.com/nssf-infogra...t+Relations%29

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 16:40   #903
pcfixer
Guerrilla

http://newsblaze.com/business/legal/...-public_59576/

Well, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has given its final verdict on concealed carry and in what shouldn’t have come as a surprise to anyone, the en banc panel of the
9th Circuit Court of Appeals held that there is absolutely no right to carry a weapon concealed in public under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Given that all of the plaintiffs had argued that states can ban concealed carry, no one should be complaining that the 9th Circuit took them at their word. If you didn’t like the decision then blame: The National Rifle Association,

The California Rifle and Pistol Association, The Second Amendment Foundation, The CalGuns Foundation and every other so called gun-rights groups which filed an
Amicus brief in support of their lawsuits. By the way, the plaintiffs in these two cases also claimed that Open Carry can be banned. Be grateful that the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals did not agree with them on that point as well.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 18:17   #904
Badger52
Area Commander

I sense (from some other identical postings on the internet that the author has another specific open-carry axe to grind, in/pending litigation - but it happens too often that someone takes a position that "you damn CC people are screwing with my OC rights." I think you should do both but my opinion doesn't matter. Kommifornia is so f'd up that - as states used to fight for shall-issue permit laws - CA is like little county fiefdoms in a country all their own, fighting their county sheriffs.

Given the actual narrow scope (San Diego County) of the plaintiff's attempt to chip away at the commie glacier that is CA law I don't necessarily share the author's view that all those who filed amicus briefs on behalf of the plaintiffs are to blame. There are at least a couple of other more relevant core issues:

It's Kalifornia. (c'mon YGBSM)
It's the 9th Circuit. (same)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 23:00   #905
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

That's OK. Soon, very soon because of the democrats and the flood of muzzies they are allowing into this country unchecked, what happened in France today will become routine here in "America".

islamic bombs go off weekly in middle eastern countries and they are headed this way by the hundreds of thousands. Difference here and France, we "still" live in a free society, we can still purchase guns, ammo, explosives (black power, smokeless powder, etc) relatively easy.

The muzzies already tried a islamic terrorist attack in Texas, didn't go well. They were armed and waiting. Muzzies will learn who's armed and who's not real fast.

The attack in NYC was just a islamic terrorist test, expect more soon. Intel is not going to stop islamic terrorist attacks.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:03   #906
Box
Quiet Professional

wait until HRC invites another half million immigrants into the USA and lists the NRA as a terrorist organization...

of course non of this will interfere with our women in SOF programs or full integrating of trannies into military service

interesting times for sure
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:36   #907
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Massachusetts to Enforce Longstanding Assault Weapons Ban

Looks like Massachusetts is trying to one up Kalifornia. On the bright side, think of how many reporters will never have to suffer from a "temporary form of PTSD"created after firing one of these scary black guns.

SMFH

Quote:
Weapons like the AR-15 are the gun of choice for mass shooters, Healey said, used in shootings in Orlando, Baton Rouge, Dallas, Sandy Hook and San Bernardino. After the shooting that killed 49 people in a nightclub in Orlando, sales of those types of weapons went up 450 percent in Massachusetts, Healey said.

People who already own the guns can keep them, she said. And gun dealers will be allowed to transfer their remaining stock to states where the guns are legal.

In a press conference announcing the new enforcement, Healey and others also faulted the federal government for not doing more to crack down on these types of weapons. Only seven states have an assault weapons ban like the one in Massachusetts.

Article
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 13:48   #908
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYPatriot View Post
Looks like Massachusetts is trying to one up Kalifornia. On the bright side, think of how many reporters will never have to suffer from a "temporary form of PTSD"created after firing one of these scary black guns.

SMFH
It's hard to believe Massachusetts was the cradle of the American Revolution with their irrational fear of law abiding gun owners. There are still good folks up there but it seems the blood and sacrifice has been forgotten...what was it the British were coming for on that fateful day in Concord...?

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 07-20-2016, 14:08   #909
nousdefions
Quiet Professional

Samuel Whittemore is rolling over.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old soldiers Epitah...........jpg (113.8 KB, 44 views)
“Whether we come from poverty or wealth; whether we are Afro-American or Irish-American; Christian or Jewish, from big cities or small towns, we are all equal in the eyes of God. … May all of you as Americans never forget your heroic origins, never fail to seek divine guidance, and never lose your natural, God-given optimism. … My fellow Americans … God bless each and every one of you, and God bless this country we love.”
– Ronald Reagan, Aug. 17, 1992
nousdefions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 14:35   #910
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nousdefions View Post
Samuel Whittemore is rolling over.....
A true patriot and a stud...80 years old back in the day...what's that like 107 today? ...damn.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 07-20-2016, 14:43   #911
bblhead672
Area Commander

You have to wonder if some day around a campfire in a better place, the founders look at us and ask "how the hell could you lose the country we gave our lives, fortunes and sacred honor for?"
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 15:02   #912
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
A true patriot and a stud...80 years old back in the day...what's that like 107 today? ...damn.
I wonder if Billy Waugh is of any relation to him
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:51   #913
pcfixer
Guerrilla

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...dment-grounds/

I think the lawsuit should prevail, for reasons I givein this article; but I look forward to seeing what arguments D.C. offers for why, when people have a right to have deadly weapons, they shouldn’t have a right to own almost entirely nondeadly ones.

Good article and good law suit.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:22   #914
pcfixer
Guerrilla

ATF maintains gun owner information

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/th...l-information/

A government report discovered the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) illegally stockpiles gun owners’ personal information.

The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the go-to federal oversight agency, conducted an audit of ATF and found it does not remove certain identifiable

information, despite the law explicitly mandating it do so. GAO conducted reviews for four data systems, and concluded at least two of ATF’s systems violated official protocols.

One of the data-collecting systems called Multiple Sales (MS) requires that multiple firearms purchased at once must be reported to ATF by the federal firearms licensee (FFL). ATF policy requires that the bureau internally removes particular data from multiple gun sales reports after two years if the firearm has not been traced to criminal activity. GAO found that ATF does not adhere to its own policy. In fact, “until May 2016, MS contained over 10,000 names that were not consistently deleted within the required 2 years.”

Another system called Access 2000, or A2K, establishes servers to be used by National Tracing Center (NTC) personnel. The NTC can electronically search FFLs’ records for certain information needed to track the history of a firearm.

Wonder who will insure the ATF removes that data?
Old 08-07-2016, 19:05   #915
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
A government report discovered the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) illegally stockpiles gun owners’ personal information.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the go-to federal oversight agency, conducted an audit of ATF and found it does not remove certain identifiable information, despite the law explicitly mandating it do so.
...since when does the government need to follow the law?

Silly peasants - laws dont apply to the government.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote