Old 11-12-2014, 18:50   #1696
Oster8
Asset

Introduction

I served 2.5 years as a 19K before being accepted into the Green to Gold program I will be graduating soon from college. I am on this forum in search of information on what it takes to become a Green Beret. Thank you in advance for all of the information and dedication that is put into this site.
Oster8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:26   #1697
Baird
Asset

Introduction

Hello, thank you for accepting me to the website. My name is Joe but you can call me Baird if you'd like. I currently serve as an 11B in the PA ARNG with A Co 1/111th 28th ID. Have been interested lately in seeing what it takes to become a part of this community. I have started training using references and advice given on this forum to prepare myself physically and mentally. I have plans of attending a brief for B Co. 2nd Bn/ 20th SFG(A) sometime next year in hopes of being given the chance to try out. Thank you for checking out who I am and my ambitions.l
Baird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:41   #1698
JonP
Asset

Introduction

Thank you all very much for allowing me as a guest into your home.

I am a police officer at a local department here in northeast Ohio. I first stumbled upon this website many years ago and have been addicted to reading all that I could ever since. I can not thank the Creators, Moderators and Contributors of this forum enough for the years of priceless information that has been collected here. I have truly learned a lot.

Thank you all again!

JonP
JonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 14:18   #1699
zippakilla
Asset

Introduction

My name is Nate I am currently with the Iowa Army National guard. Originally 11B changed MOS' after 5 years and now I am a 91F. In the begining I was planning on going for TACP but after some Goruck events and doing my research I have aspirations of going for the Green Beret. So I come here looking for advice, and networking because I feel that if I want to become something I need to surround myself with people that are where I want to be or have been where I want to be.

Thank you for allowing me to be on this forum and doing what you do.
zippakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:51   #1700
WesH
Asset

Introduction

My name is Wes. I am a former 35F with the 323rd MI BN our of Fort Meade, Maryland. Currently, I work for DCTC at DIA and primarily provide support to JSOC. For OPSEC purposes I won't go much further than that on open comms.

I am currently helping a friend of mine set up a contracting company (Native American/Veteran Owned) to go after some State analytical and PSD work.

I am here for advice, knowledge, and to link up with good people and former shooters who are looking for work on the civilian side.

My apologies if protocol was side stepped. I meant no offense.
WesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 13:51   #1701
trinity
Auxiliary

Howdy!

I'm a U.S. Air Force veteran, from a very military family.

That brings me to my reason for being here. My son is scheduled to report SFAS soon. I hope to ask a few family-type questions about the Q course that I haven't been able to find answers to elsewhere (including a search of the forums here).

Last edited by trinity; 03-19-2015 at 14:50.
trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 13:57   #1702
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity View Post
I'm a U.S. Air Force veteran; wife of a veteran; daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, niece, daughter-in-law; step-daughter-in-law, sister, cousin, sister-in-law, and aunt of veterans; aunt of an active duty airman; mom of an active duty soldier.

That brings me to my reason for being here. My son is scheduled to report SFAS on 30 Jan 2014. I hope to ask a few family-type questions about the Q course that I haven't been able to find answers to elsewhere (including a search of the forums here).
OK..... Just so you're aware if I was a candidate for SF and found my mom was asking questions about the course I'd commit Seppuku if I found out.
Old 11-25-2014, 14:00   #1703
trinity
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
OK..... Just so you're aware if I was a candidate for SF and found my mom was asking questions about the course I'd commit Seppuku if I found out.
I understand. I don't think these are the helicopter-mom types of questions he would object to, though.
trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 14:49   #1704
smokeys49
Asset

Introduction

Hello I am new to the site. I was on active duty with the 5th group Scuba Team ODA 211 &214 A Co. 2nd 5th Special Forces 1st SF (ABN) from 1971 to 1973 at Smoke Bomb Hill at Ft Brag, NC
smokeys49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 20:45   #1705
5thgrp"C"
Quiet Professional

Oh this is going to be good

I will be at Bragg over that time. If you'd like me to keep an eye on him I'd love to ask around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity View Post
I'm a U.S. Air Force veteran; wife of a veteran; daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, niece, daughter-in-law; step-daughter-in-law, sister, cousin, sister-in-law, and aunt of veterans; aunt of an active duty airman; mom of an active duty soldier.

That brings me to my reason for being here. My son is scheduled to report SFAS on 30 Jan 2014. I hope to ask a few family-type questions about the Q course that I haven't been able to find answers to elsewhere (including a search of the forums here).
Old 11-27-2014, 19:01   #1706
edward.d.freema
Asset

Served on AD and in the Reserves from May 1971 till they kicked me out Oct 2013 in a variety of Med and MI MOS. Was with ACO and HHQ CO, 3RD BN, 11TH GRP in the late 70's early 80's. Took the ABN course at Ft. Devens, but found later that hearing problems precluded me from attending the Q Course. My last deployment was to IZ in 2004 with CITF. Happy Thanksgiving to All! We still have much to be grateful for in this country.
edward.d.freema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 16:25   #1707
QuietPooper
Asset

insert whitty reply title

After creepin for some time, I require the use of the storied "search" function.

I served in the Marines from the summer of '05 til the summer of '13. I was a field MP, not one of the blue falcon PMO MPs that work on the bases giving out tickets and bitching about your lifted truck being too high. The field side of the mos usually does convoy security, but as of late (due to the drawdown) we have been tasked with advisor missions. My last pump was on an advisor team and I loved it. It was awesome training our guys, and although they may not have been up to American Military standards, they were at least "Afgan good". It was pretty cool teaching our guys from the bottom up. Anyways, I got out about a year and a half ago and started school right away. I have an affinity for math and mechanics so I decided to try my hand at mechanical engineering. If you were to go back in time to the high school version of me and tell me that I'd be going for any sort of engineering degree I'd tell you to kick rocks. In high school I just wanted to graduate and start my career in the Marines. After my first 4 I decided to re-up and see if the political bs and dick measuring subsided at all after a couple promotions. To no avail, there was still alot of insecure arrogance. So I decided to get out and start school. My plans as of now are getting the degree and hopefully getting into the xray program. I loved serving, I would rather do it with professionals. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask. I look forward to learning alot from everyone here.
QuietPooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:45   #1708
RedHeadStepKid
Quiet Professional

Intro

Hello all, my name is Jeremy. I have been in the army for sixteen years and I am stationed at Ft. Campbell. To keep it short, I’m a long range planner and advisor. This site came highly recommended to me from a colleague. I’m looking to learn from different points of view on a variety of subjects (conflicts, politics, cultural experiences and lessons learned). From my experience, talking with retired guys from my community has been a great resource of information and from looking through some of the profiles here, this seems to resource rich environment. Message me for further details.
RedHeadStepKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 17:29   #1709
Aymar
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone!

I'm Alexander, and happily enlisted this fall as a Ray. I am now 20 and have wanted nothing more but to join since I was 4 years old; my father has been my biggest inspiration, as he did his hand upon handfuls of years in. Just received my Associates and will be leaving in a few months for OSUT. I'm pleased to have taken all the advice I have read from threads and implement the tips into valued practice before I start this long journey. I've been an avid reader for some time now. I am motivated, and dedicated, and will be carried out of this dream only on a stretcher; NO other way. Victor Whiskey's are NOT my kind of people. Best wishes to all of you on similar paths, and Thank You to all the Professionals disseminating their wisdom to those worthy.

Happy Holidays.
Aymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:17   #1710
Sierrafoxtrot
Asset

Introduction

SPC Hodges. I am a current SFQC student. I am currently in Phase 1SFOC (IUW). I am very fortunate to be where I am right now. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Sierrafoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote