Old 08-22-2011, 12:55   #46
2018commo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
Well said and thanks for your service NG USSF GB! ~no sarcasm intended~
Thanks Brother.

Jump Street Never Ends

“There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go, no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone”

"Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you"
2018commo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 17:51   #47
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

He just posted on his Facebook page that he's registering at SOCNET to have a discussion there. Kudos to Magician for really bringing the heat.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 21:28   #48
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh palmcard

Tell me that David Oh was not pretending to be an Army Green beret........

Former Officer, U.S. Army “Green Berets”

David Oh, tell me you were not attempting to deceive the public and make them believe that you were in a fact a former Green Beret.

I keep receiving these sort of articles and palmcards. I'm going to make you famous David Oh, another SF Fraud.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf david-oh-palmcard1.pdf (69.2 KB, 850 views)
Old 08-23-2011, 04:32   #49
abc_123
Quiet Professional

You know, It says on his website that former Gov Tom Ridge, the Phila. Inquirer, the Phila. Daily News, the Teamsters, Firefighters, Fraternal Order of Police all endorse David Oh. Heck, he even has a nun on there saying how great he is.

Wonder if any of them would want to know that he is a fraud.

Some probably don't care, but you never know, some might.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:34   #50
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
You know, It says on his website that former Gov Tom Ridge, the Phila. Inquirer, the Phila. Daily News, the Teamsters, Firefighters, Fraternal Order of Police all endorse David Oh. Heck, he even has a nun on there saying how great he is.

Wonder if any of them would want to know that he is a fraud.

Some probably don't care, but you never know, some might.

The way most people of that caliber think, Oh's qualifications are impeccable-even Presidential.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54   #51
casey
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
The way most people of that caliber think, Oh's qualifications are impeccable-even Presidential.
Ouch !!! ... hmmm ....never realized how dark it is under a bus....
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36   #52
Richard
Quiet Professional

Today's Philly.com.

Oh offers tepid apology for Green Beret claim
DailyNews, 23 Aug 2011

DAVID OH, a Republican front-runner to win a seat on City Council this year, apologized yesterday to U.S. Army Special Forces members and former members angered at what they consider his overstated military credentials.

And Oh lashed out at the Daily News for our report Friday that his former commanding officer and another ranking military officer said he was not a Special Forces officer, as he has claimed in campaigns since 2003.

Oh insists that his "brief and uneventful" time in the 20th Special Forces Group of the Maryland Army National Guard gives him the right to make that claim.

"The men on this page attacking me are the men I admired and respected," Oh posted on a campaign Facebook page in response to several angry posts from people who identified themselves as Special Forces members. "They were real Green Berets. Therefore, they know rules, regulations and traditions that I do not."

Oh, who now refers to himself as a former Special Forces "candidate" because he did not complete the grueling training in 1991, said he has learned from a weekend of Facebook posts "that I have violated certain rules and traditions that I was not aware of. To that extent, I apologize to them and all Green Berets."

Oh's explanation has evolved since the Daily News first questioned his military record in an interview three weeks ago.

Oh first said he was not a "tabbed" Special Forces officer, referring to the uniform insignia worn to denote Green Beret status, but still considered himself part of the 20th Special Forces Group of the Maryland Army National Guard. He was assigned to the 20th during his training.

Then Oh said it was possible that he had been tabbed by his unit but did not know about it.

Finally, Oh said his unit designated him as a tabbed Special Forces officer when it assigned him to the role of detachment technician when the 20th Special Forces Group was called up to active duty in 1991 in preparation for a deployment to Iraq that never happened.

Oh, who told Facebook friends yesterday that he was going in for shoulder surgery, put up a post about 7 a.m. saying that he had never claimed to have been tabbed and had never posed as a Green Beret.

Here's a look at what he has said in campaign materials:

* On his current campaign website, Oh posted this quote from a civic-association leader: "David Oh has served his nation as a Green Beret, served this city as an assistant District Attorney and served his community as a community leader."

* In a current campaign Facebook posting labeled "Smart, Tough, Honest", Oh is pictured wearing a military green beret.

* An invitation to a Union League fundraiser with former Gov. Tom Ridge in May said that Oh "joined the U.S. Army Special Forces [Airborne]."

* In a 2007 campaign-literature piece available for download from Oh's website then, he listed himself as a "Former Officer, U.S. Army 'Green Berets.' "

* On his law firm's website in 2007, Oh's biography said: "David was a Lieutenant with the U.S. Army 20th Special Forces Group [a reserve Green Beret unit]."

* On his campaign website in 2003, Oh wrote: "I am proud to have served my country as an officer in the U.S. Army Special Forces [The Green Berets]."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...mpid=125459048

After reading his version of the truth ( ) on his Facepalm page, SocNet, and the newspapers, I can only say that Mother Goose could use a writer like David Oh for new material to be added to her famous collection of fairy tales.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:54   #53
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

I'll accept his apology if he'll get a full-color bust of Homer Simpson slapping his forehead tattooed on his cheek with the caption "D.Oh!!!".

Last edited by Dusty; 08-23-2011 at 06:57.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:24   #54
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh Former Officer US Army "Green Berets"

Enraged, yeah, that seems fitting, we're enraged alright.

David Oh, You are using our title, a title we earned and a reputation we forged in blood.

You are parading around acting and giving the impression that you too have earned the title of Green Beret. That ends now.

Yeah, to say we're enraged might be fitting. Now it's our turn to settle the score and we will do so just as you did, in the media. The general public will now know of your lies and deceit.

I for one do not want your apology, in my opinion for what you have done there is no excuse. I ask no quarter and none will be given in return.

May God have mercy on you because I won't.
Team Sergeant
Old 08-23-2011, 11:26   #55
Tress
Quiet Professional

Oh's seemingly accepted apology

This seems to be the re-edited apology that SOCNET is going to accept and endorse though everyone there does not seem happy with it:

Quote:
STATEMENT FROM DAVID OH

I apologize to the public for any confusion or misimpression I created which suggests that I served as a Special Forces qualified Green Beret or Special Forces Officer. I did not serve in such a capacity.

I proudly and honorably served the Nation as a 2nd Lieutenant assigned to a National Guard Special Forces unit during a time where the organizational headgear was the green beret, I was not Special Forces qualified. I was a Special Forces candidate throughout my service, including my active duty service at Ft. Bragg during Operation Desert Storm. My temporary coding as an 18A Special Forces Officer was for manpower purposes within the unit's NQP (Non-Qualified Personnel) company for Special Forces candidates and not for qualified A-Team members. While this may not seem important to people unfamiliar with the military, it is an extremely important distinction that I failed to make clear.

I am aware of the distinctions within the terms “Special Forces” and “Green Beret” but I did not properly maintain them over the years. My carelessness and lack of attention to detail was to my benefit and misleading to the public. It was disrespectful of those "Green Berets", Soldiers who are Special Forces qualified. These elite Soldiers serve, or have served, on a Special Forces A-Team or another capacity within the Special Operations Community. These are men I admire and respect, greatly. I have benefited from their camaraderie and failed to return the respect they deserve.

I sincerely apologize to the "Green Berets", the Special Forces Community, the US military, Veterans, and the voters of Philadelphia. I will return any contributions made to my campaign under the misimpression that I was "Special Forces", a "Green Beret" or a "Special Forces Officer". Though I served in the 20th Special Forces Group, I was none of these things. I release any organization which endorsed me under the same misimpression. I am running two full page ads to reach out to the public. I am reordering campaign literature and destroying existing ones that are unclear. I will review my websites, videos and other information sources to ensure that they are not misleading to the public.

I would not want to win this election with a cloud that I gained votes or money through deceit or vagueness.

I am proud of my honorable military service to my country. I ask for your forgiveness. I will try to be more attentive, respectful and clear in all my actions in the future.

Respectfully,

David Oh
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous, mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown author, but borrowed from a friend

"Liberals claim to be open to hearing other peoples' views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
Tress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 15:03   #56
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

David Oh face book page.

David Oh has deleted everything from his public FaceBook page.

It's not over David Oh. I told you on your Face Book page I was going to make you and your Special Forces/ Green Beret claims famous.

I am a man of my word.

Jeff Hinton
Master Sergeant
Special Forces (ret)
Old 08-23-2011, 17:35   #57
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
May God have mercy on you because I won't.
If we bring back the best quotes thing, this one's definitely going into the hopper.
Old 08-23-2011, 17:35   #58
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
I'll accept his apology if he'll get a full-color bust of Homer Simpson slapping his forehead tattooed on his cheek with the caption "D.Oh!!!".
and this one too
Old 08-23-2011, 18:09   #59
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Apology #2

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/c...es-claims.html

Quote:
"I will pay for two full page ads apologizing to tabbed Green Berets, the military, veterans and the voters, for my lack of attention to detail when the knowledge was in my possession and the carelessness was to my advantage. I will offer to return any contributions and release any endorsements from those who supported me. I do not want votes or support under the cloud that I made misrepresentations in order to win."
He is still a POS and lieing...THAT'S EXACTLY WHY HE DID IT...

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"

Last edited by Snaquebite; 08-23-2011 at 18:13.
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 18:10   #60
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

The ads are supposed to contain the "concessions" that I edited for him and posted earlier.

We are waiting on that...especially since "sanitizing" his FB page...

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote