Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > General Medical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2010, 19:39   #1
MAB32

Interstitial Lung Pneumonosis

Need some help with my wife guys. She was recently diagnosed with the above disease. Also please forgive me if this is the wrong place to put this

She was diagnosed last March with both bottom loabs of her lungs had permenate damage to them. They ran every test they could, and the verdict was that it was "I.L.P." for short I guess. She is on Iron therapy along with anti-rejection medicine and lots of Prednisone.

Now, I realize this a bad disease to have, but no Doctor really tells me or her, what is her life expectency ?

My wife was siting at his office when he told her that he was hopning for something curable but the biopsy showed that it was permenate damage and eventually it will take her life. But how long is eventually? Back in March her Doctor came back to work after a huge cancer was removed from his stomach. He looked right in her eyes and stated that one of us will probably die first. She is only 44 years old.

Is there anything I can do? Should I get a second opinion? Her Doctor is the best in his field around this area in cluding Cleveland Clinic. She is getting more tired as the months go and is now on Asthmas meds. It is all very confusing to me.

MAB32