Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 04-02-2017, 16:43   #1
BishopRealTalk
Asset

Conditional release likely won't be approved.

As some of you may know, I am in the National Guard seeking a conditional release. At a recent drill I was inquiring as to the status of my release and nobody had any information. My PL happened to know the officer who is responsible for releasing me from the Guard at the highest level of the process and decided to send an email inquiring about my status. The response was nothing short of discouraging. The officer in charge of everything said that wanting to sign an 18x contract was not an acceptable reason to request a conditional release and that I should reenlist and tryout for 20th group or just hope I get a ranger school slot when I reenlist. My ets date is in October and come hell or high water I'm signing an 18x contract the week I ets. I was hoping to be able to leave much sooner than I am but everything happens for a reason. I have some contacts at the main HQ and I'll be making some phone calls this week to try and find a way around this setback. In the meantime I'll continue to do more PT. I feel like I'm in excellent shape right now and could attend SFAS right now if needed but there's always room for improvement. I know​ this wasn't much if a question to anyone but I wanted to update that I'm still working towards this goal and I can't wait to be in an environment with people and leadership who are actually striving for excellence. I'm staying the course and trying to keep a positive attitude. Everything happens for a reason.
BishopRealTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:40   #2
Dobi84
Asset

Why not attend a SFRE with 20th GRP? I'm currently doing one with MDARNG and it is TOP NOTCH! IT IS ALSO A GUT CHECK!. You will learn not only about yourself but also from the cadre. They will give you tools and guidance for success all you have to do is show up, on time, and have a never fucking quit attitude. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to take advatage of the 20th GRP, especially being your already in the Guard and in a state that has A SOG.
Dobi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:36   #3
BishopRealTalk
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobi84 View Post
Why not attend a SFRE with 20th GRP? I'm currently doing one with MDARNG and it is TOP NOTCH! IT IS ALSO A GUT CHECK!. You will learn not only about yourself but also from the cadre. They will give you tools and guidance for success all you have to do is show up, on time, and have a never fucking quit attitude. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to take advatage of the 20th GRP, especially being your already in the Guard and in a state that has A SOG.

My ETS date is in October and I want to be in the Army full time. I want to do it every day. I understand that they prepare me for success but so does the SFPC and the team of leaders I currently have around me.
BishopRealTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:17   #4
CAARNG 68W
Guerrilla

Have you contacted your Battalion's S1?

- Kenny Powers
CAARNG 68W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 18:32   #5
Scimitar
Area Commander

I'm waaaayyyy out of the loop on this now, but my foggy memory tells me you can go Q via ARNG, and ask to be release over to AD once in the / at the end of the Q.

IIRC, there's 3 or 4 ways an individual ARNG SF unit approaches recruitment; it'd be something you want to discuss with them up front, but IIRC, some don't mind, others its a hassle cos of the way you're detailed.

For example, some you remain in an 11B slot with in the state ARNG, and are lent to the 18 unit, and don't go on their books until you graduate. These guys may not care if they loss you to AD, for example. I could be wrong in this specific example, but just trying to give you an e.g.

Call and have a chat to a few of your closest ARNG SF state units, be polite, advise your goal, see what they say. If they say no, advise them you understand some states are geared in a way to find this easy, and could the person your talking to recommend any.

Things have changed so YMMV.

Good luck.

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying

Last edited by Scimitar; 08-04-2017 at 14:51.
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:01   #6
Beimere
FTFSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
Call and have a chat to a few of your closest ARNG SF state units, be polite, advise your goal, see what they say. If they say no, advise them you understand some states are geared in a way to find this easy, and could the person your talking to recommend any.
i've read this comment back some months ago and i have decided to listen to your advice... now i just cannot say how thankful i am to you.. IT WORKED! THANKS!
Beimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 14:53   #7
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beimere View Post
i've read this comment back some months ago and i have decided to listen to your advice... now i just cannot say how thankful i am to you.. IT WORKED! THANKS!
Glad it was of help Beimere.

You may want to quickly register your presence on the "introduction thread" and fill-in your profile before you're noticed.

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 15:47   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
Glad it was of help Beimere.

You may want to quickly register your presence on the "introduction thread" and fill-in your profile before you're noticed.

S
Too late.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote