Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-06-2017, 10:26   #121
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
LOL...So WHY is no one "Stomping his Guts Out" right about now.......Any Takers?
Easy.

He/she is a protected species.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:51   #122
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Easy.

He/she is a protected species.

TR
TR,,
I think these days,,

It's encouraged..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:13   #123
tonyz
Area Commander

It would not be too far fetched to suggest a coalition of Commies, Islamists and homosexuals/LGBTQ, etc., etc., are actively dividing the nation.

Many public schools and many major universities have been corrupted. Is it far fetched to think that the subversives would not infiltrate our service academies? graduate schools?...Congress?

As I've said before, the nation is not somehow magically immune from subversion/division and even a cultural civil war.

The normalization of anti-Americanism, anti-Western Civilization and communism is particularly troubling. That sashaying at an esteemed service academy event - followed up with cheering - is both telling and troubling. But, maybe I should just laugh off all this stuff in our face and have another beer.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 10-06-2017 at 11:16.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:38   #124
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Is it far fetched to think that the subversives would not infiltrate our service academies? graduate schools?...Congress?
. . . White House?

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 21:58   #125
Penn
Area Commander

Ok. this in from a 2nd Bat NCO to butter bar via USMA

Quote:
So first off, check this out:

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=75154

Don’t know how they got it, but I know that it is legitimate.

The sad truth is that this guy was a history major. Professors - meaning uniformed Army officers - knew about his political beliefs and had challenged him on them. Unfortunately, the only thing that the academic side of West Point can do is certify whether or not someone met the academic requirements necessary for graduation. We don’t get to decide whether or not someone gets to commission, that is owned by the superintendent and commandant. Apparently, the superintendent was aware of this individual’s political beliefs.

I don’t have any good reason for why he was allowed to commission, but I have to think it has something to do with the fact that we are no longer following an “attrition model,” but rather a “developmental model.” Under the developmental model, we start from the standpoint that any individual can achieve and that it is incumbent on all of us to help the individual meet the standard so that he or she can go on to graduate. This model only makes sense in an environment where our admissions standards are no longer meeting the specific standards required to admit those who show the aptitude for commission service as a leader of character. Instead, our current admissions process focuses on achieving diversity (in all the forms that word entails) and by also prioritizing athletic ability for our varsity teams. Because of this, an attrition model can’t work. However, a potential consequence is the commissioning of this particular individual.

They will be very interesting to see if our admission standards don’t get a closer look from our civilian leadership because of this. I certainly hope they do, because I think our focus on who we admit is way off.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 22:09   #126
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post
"You see, we get locked up in this quasi-military environment for four years. Can you imagine some version of 'boot camp' for four years? That is what it is like. When we finally leave that place, we want to experience all the other things you guys from ROTC or OCS have already experienced. When you guys commission, you are ready to work. When we commission, we are ready to play."
I've heard that excuse trotted out for decades, even from some of my shithead classmates. What they should be saying is they lacked the self-discipline to do what they knew was right, and not do what they knew was wrong. This is the same line of thinking that inspired the "I'd like to have two armies" tripe, implying that a soldier can't be both an effective warrior and have the discipline to act accordingly in garrison. Its just a simple-minded rationalization of an inability to exhibit self-control.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:05   #127
Box
Quiet Professional

It makes you wonder how long amateur hour at the USMA has really been going on.
For as long as I can remember, folks (including non-USMA officers) have looked upon the ring knockers with a certain level of contempt. Its never a good idea to paint everything with a wide brush but stereotypes are often born from a certain degree of truthfulness...

My problem isn't with the changing standards - my problem rests entirely with the abject leadership hypocrisy demonstrated by administrators and senior leaders and it goes back for decades.

Slick Willie sodomized a subordinate in the oval office - in the aftermath - junior soldiers had to wear an Army value card on their dog tag chain. Senior leaders fuck their subordinates wives, lie on travel vouchers, skirt regulations, and participate in countless boondoggles while simultaneously destroying the careers of subordinates for minor infractions.
One group is savaged and the other is allowed to slip silently into the night without harm.
Rapone is just emulating his leaders.

We aren't supposed to single out a troop that wants to suck dick as being a shit bag - even though he really is a shit bag, but we will call a better soldier a shit bag because he needs a haircut.
...or punches an Afghan cop
...or shoots an Afghan IED maker
Let's just make sure we don't offend anyone - diversity in the military is the road to success on the battlefield.

There is a reason that the rank and file troop increasingly disrespects and resists military authority - it is because they increasingly see those in authority abuse that trust.
Its ok to fuck your biographer
Its ok to defraud the government out of travel funds
Its ok to bend the regulations for the commander
...bouse your boots troop - you look like a shit bag

This assbag isn't fucked up - he is simply following the example of his leaders.

Sorry about taking your actions out of context LT Rapone - go back to emulating your leaders.

That is all.....
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 13:46   #128
JimP
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
For as long as I can remember, folks (including non-USMA officers) have looked upon the ring knockers with a certain level of contempt. Its never a good idea to paint everything with a wide brush but stereotypes are often born from a certain degree of truthfulness...

My problem isn't with the changing standards - my problem rests entirely with the abject leadership hypocrisy demonstrated by administrators and senior leaders and it goes back for decades.

Slick Willie sodomized a subordinate in the oval office - in the aftermath - junior soldiers had to wear an Army value card on their dog tag chain. Senior leaders fuck their subordinates wives, lie on travel vouchers, skirt regulations, and participate in countless boondoggles while simultaneously destroying the careers of subordinates for minor infractions.
One group is savaged and the other is allowed to slip silently into the night without harm.

We aren't supposed to single out a troop that wants to suck dick as being a shit bag - even though he really is a shit bag, but we will call a better soldier a shit bag because he needs a haircut.
Let's just make sure we don't offend anyone - diversity in the military is the road to success on the battlefield.

There is a reason that the rank and file troop increasingly disrespects and resists military authority - it is because they increasingly see those in authority abuse that trust.

This assbag isn't fucked up - he is simply following the example of his leaders.

Sorry about taking your actions out of context LT Rapone - go back to emulating your leaders.

That is all.....
^^^^^^^^^ FREAKING WELL STATED!!!!!!

SPOT-ON BOX!!
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 14:59   #129
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

That is all.....

LOL....Well stated and as always, a "blunt and in your face"awesome comment ....BOX IS DA MAN....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 16:28   #130
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Ok. this in from a 2nd Bat NCO to butter bar via USMA
Excellent point by this Ranger NCO he hit the nail on the head if only we should expect this much honest insight from our own....Spec Ops too has adopted the development model the O's and GS's who pollute SOF has engineered this.....don't worry there are more SOF retiring who are looking to add more chaos to the crumbling empire in an effort to get there easy money too parasites IMO....because we in the military can't allow time to develop subordinates because hell Bragg trains everything f'ng thing now including teaching E7's how to be TM Sgts instead learning from their own team sgts.

Lack of respect for leaders really no kidding? completely agree box these young guys are entitled the messaging is crossed today in recruiting and active application of the unit..... O"s and SGM's can be seen bitching down and on first name basis with E6-7's the game today is who you know and what social group you belong to.......I heard a MAJ talk up how he was voting for Hillary and made the comment when we lost it was because the low IQs voted Trump there is not much distance between a Hillary and Che Guevera.....how many people have died as a direct result of the Arab spring???How about Russia's new found military might or Iran new nuclear capabilities.....

The military today reminds me of a shattered confused and undisciplined crumbling building the lifers are worse than the opportunist whom just play stupid ride out retirement and the PT types looking for credentials so they too can rape the Army of talent, money and a competent leadership. We just paid 5mil. To have a building redone not built but be brought up to code some wiring, paint a few walls and a 5 million $ bill......my argument is WTF if someone is going to rape the Army for 5mil for some home improvement might as well keep it in the family.....

Why in the hell do we keep allowing contractors into our inner sanctums and allowing these foreign Army and non SF qualified types train us on shit we can do ourselves......why do they disrespect there leadership? This is why most of the relation ships seem to be viewed like business partnerships....you are right box nepotism has disintegrated the Army and the who you know and not what you know is the new promotion system.....what do you get when young people who do not seek advice from experienced senior guys? You get a bullshit Krav Maga (not real) guy from the Air Force SF teaching Green Berets how to fight??? Why would anyone respect it's leadership when I hear cherry GB talk about CSM Rarey and CSM Abernathy as Brian and Rob with insight that they think they have on their personal interactions they shouldn't have is a sure sign the respect those positions once had is gone.

It is sickening listening to a relatively inexperienced sociopath soldier waltz into a proven unit and virtually take over......you can guess what usually happens or these young good idea fairies who don't know shit because of little real life experience and not even 10 yrs in the Army does not know much about history and revisit a shitty idea and sell ilike Amway like it hasn't failed multiple times.....and the weak leadership agree?!?!?!? I have said it before the military should be ripped apart and rebuilt carefully. The military is out of control Obama accelerated it but our leaders if they want discipline in the ranks need to gain an understanding of how small and unsecretive the world is with social media.....Quitting abusing power and doing stupid shit is the laymans response if the President really wants to fix the military to fight the wars Obama/Hillary put us in the position to have to fight then you need to start imprisoning leaders for these abuses reduce them in rank take their benefits you must break the tyranny of the GO infallibility and bring altruistic honor back to a noble profession and get rid of this ill advised business model....

You cannot develop character and loyalty can be destroyed by a morally and legally corrupted leadership......as much as I want Lt Rapones citizenship taken he is not alone in the remnants of a once great Army.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 10-08-2017 at 19:15.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 17:18   #131
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
don't worry there are more SOF retiring who are looking to add more chaos to the crumbling empire
I think you mean Crumbling SOF Enterprise.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 19:13   #132
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
I think you mean Crumbling SOF Enterprise.
Yeah the enterprise what a joke and I am sure their was a promotion linked to this madness....can you believe they run IQ tests these days on our own what is lacking is the emotional IQ.....watching the Army constantly play with an Army who actually used to win wars not just battles makes me sick

Old 10-11-2017, 13:39   #133
BKKMAN
Quiet Professional

Seems like the institutional decay and rot at West Point has been going on for some time.

Open Letter from LTC (R) Heffington

Quote:
Open Letter to Grads from LTC(ret) Heffington:

(This was written by LTC (USA, ret.) Robert M. Heffington, as an open letter to graduates of the United States Military Academy at West Point. It has only been edited for format, and may differ in that respect from the original. My apologies to Lt. Colonel Heffington if this has been misrepresented in any way)

Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Before you read any further, please understand that the following paragraphs come from a place of intense devotion and loyalty to West Point. My experience as a cadet had a profound impact upon who I am and upon the course of my life, and I remain forever grateful that I have the opportunity to be a part of the Long Gray Line. I firmly believe West Point is a national treasure and that it can and should remain a vitally important source of well trained, disciplined, highly educated Army officers and civilian leaders. However, during my time on the West Point faculty (2006–2009 and again from 2013–2017), I personally witnessed a series of fundamental changes at West Point that have eroded it to the point where I question whether the institution should even remain open.

The recent coverage of 2LT Spenser Rapone — an avowed Communist and sworn enemy of the United States — dramatically highlighted this disturbing trend. Given my recent tenure on the West Point faculty and my direct interactions with Rapone, his “mentors,” and with the Academy’s leadership, I believe I can shed light on how someone like Rapone could possibly graduate. First and foremost, standards at West Point are nonexistent. They exist on paper, but nowhere else. The senior administration at West Point inexplicably refuses to enforce West Point’s publicly touted high standards on cadets, and, having picked up on this, cadets refuse to enforce standards on each other. The Superintendent refuses to enforce admissions standards or the cadet Honor Code, the Dean refuses to enforce academic standards, and the Commandant refuses to enforce standards of conduct and discipline. The end result is a sort of malaise that pervades the entire institution. Nothing matters anymore. Cadets know this, and it has given rise to a level of cadet arrogance and entitlement the likes of which West Point has never seen in its history.

Every fall, the Superintendent addresses the staff and faculty and lies. He repeatedly states that “We are going to have winning sports teams without compromising our standards,” and everyone in Robinson Auditorium knows he is lying because we routinely admit athletes with ACT scores in the mid-teens across the board. I have personally taught cadets who are borderline illiterate and cannot read simple passages from the assigned textbooks. It is disheartening when the institution’s most senior leader openly lies to his own faculty — and they all know it. The cadet honor code has become a laughingstock. Cadets know they will not be separated for violating it, and thus they do so on a daily basis. Moreover, since they refuse to enforce standards on each other and police their own ranks, cadets will rarely find a cadet at an honor hearing despite overwhelming evidence that a violation has occurred.

This in turn has caused the staff and faculty to give up even reporting honor incidents. Why would a staff or faculty member expend the massive amount of time and energy it takes to report an honor violation — including writing multiple sworn statements, giving interviews, and testifying at the honor hearing — when they know without a doubt the cadet will not be found (or, if found, the Superintendent will not separate the cadet)? To make matters worse, the senior leadership at West Point actively discourages staff and faculty from reporting honor violations. I was unfortunate enough to experience this first hand during my first tour on the faculty, when the Commandant of Cadets called my office phone and proceeded to berate me in the most vulgar and obscene language for over ten minutes because I had reported a cadet who lied to me and then asked if “we could just drop it.” Of course, I was duty bound to report the cadet’s violation, and I did. During the course of the berating I received from the Commandant, I never actually found out why he was so angry. It seemed that he was simply irritated that the institution was having to deal with the case, and that it was my fault it even existed. At the honor hearing the next day, I ended up being the one on trial as my character and reputation were dragged through the mud by the cadet and her civilian attorney while I sat on the witness stand without any assistance. In the end, of course, the cadet was not found (despite having at first admitted that she lied), and she eventually graduated.

Just recently a cadet openly and obviously plagiarized his History research paper, and his civilian professor reported it. The evidence was overwhelming — there was not the slightest question of his guilt, yet the cadet was not found. The professor, and indeed all the faculty who knew of the case, were completely demoralized. This is the new norm for the cadet honor system. In fact, there is now an addition to the honor system (the Willful Admission Process) which essentially guarantees that if a cadet admits a violation, then separation is not even a possibility. In reality, separation is not a possibility anyway because the Superintendent refuses to impose that sanction. Academic standards are also nonexistent. I believe this trend started approximately ten years ago, and it has continued to get worse. West Point has stated standards for academic expectations and performance, but they are ignored. Cadets routinely fail multiple classes and they are not separated at the end-of-semester Academic Boards. Their professors recommend “Definitely Separate,” but those recommendations are totally disregarded.

I recently taught a cadet who failed four classes in one semester (including mine), in addition to several she had failed in previous semesters, and she was retained at the Academy. As a result, professors have lost hope and faith in the entire Academic Board process. It has been made clear that cadets can fail a multitude of classes and they will not be separated. Instead, when they fail (and they do to a staggering extent), the Dean simply throws them back into the mix and expects the faculty to somehow drag them through the academic program until they manage to earn a passing grade.

What a betrayal this is to the faculty! Also, since they get full grade replacement if they must retake a course, cadets are actually incentivized to fail. They know they can re-take the course over the summer when they have no other competing requirements, and their new grade completely replaces the failing one. STAP (Summer Term Academic Program) is also now an accepted summer detail assignment, so retaking a course during the summer translates into even more summer leave for the deficient cadet.

Even the curriculum itself has suffered. The plebe American History course has been revamped to focus completely on race and on the narrative that America is founded solely on a history of racial oppression. Cadets derisively call it the “I Hate America Course.” Simultaneously, the plebe International History course now focuses on gender to the exclusion of many other important themes.

On the other hand, an entire semester of military history was recently deleted from the curriculum (at West Point!).

In all courses, the bar has been lowered to the point where it is irrelevant. If a cadet fails a course, the instructor is blamed, so instructors are incentivized to pass everyone. Additionally, instead of responding to cadet failure with an insistence that cadets rise to the challenge and meet the standard, the bar for passing the course itself is simply lowered. This pattern is widespread and pervades every academic department.

Conduct and disciplinary standards are in perhaps the worst shape of all. Cadets are jaded, cynical, arrogant, and entitled. They routinely talk back to and snap at their instructors (military and civilian alike), challenge authority, and openly refuse to follow regulations.

They are allowed to wear civilian clothes in almost any arena outside the classroom, and they flaunt that privilege. Some arrive to class unshaven, in need of haircuts, and with uniforms that look so ridiculously bad that, at times, I could not believe I was even looking at a West Point cadet. However, if a staff or faculty member attempts to correct the cadet in question, that staff/faculty member is sure to be reprimanded for “harassing cadets.”

For example, as I made my rounds through the barracks inspecting study conditions one evening as the Academic Officer in Charge, I encountered a cadet in a company study room. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans and nothing else, and was covered in tattoos. He had long hair, was unshaven, and I was honestly unsure if he was even a cadet. He looked more like a prison convict to me. When I questioned what he was doing there, he remained seated in his chair and sneered at me that he “was authorized” because he was a First Class cadet. I proceeded to correct him and then reported him to the chain of command the next morning. Later that day I received an email from the Brigade Tactical Officer telling me to “stay in my lane.”
The rest of the article is at the link above...

It is not inequality which is the real misfortune, it is dependence. Voltaire
BKKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 17:57   #134
PRB
Quiet Professional

My God....the inmates run the asylum....
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 18:44   #135
PSM
Area Commander

Digging down through the comments and tweets I found a video by a KGB defector that outlined all of this in the mid-80s: Yuri Bezmenov, Psychological Warfare Subversion & Control of Western Society One hour.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote