Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Old 10-18-2014, 04:58   #1
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Dave's a killer. Dave's a mess

I just watched Slap Shot for the first time in a while. For you young folks who haven’t seen, it’s a documentary about Chicago, Detroit and Boston pro hockey.
Not just the way they play in those cities, but also the way they dress.

LHC

Last edited by Last hard class; 10-18-2014 at 05:01.
Last hard class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:40   #2
bubba
Quiet Professional

"Ole-time hockey? Eddy Shore?"

LOL, What a classic!
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:18   #3
Sdiver
Area Commander

Always has been and forever shall be a classic ....

Reggie Dunlop: Oh you cheap son of a bitch. Are you crazy? Those guys are retards!

McGrath: I got a good deal on those boys. The scouts said they showed a lot of promise.

Reggie Dunlop: They brought their fuckin' TOYS with 'em!

McGrath: Well, I'd rather have em playin with their toys than playin with themselves

Reggie Dunlop: They're too dumb to play with themselves. Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the market and you gotta buy it!

McGrath: Reg, Reg, that reminds me. I was coachin' in Omaha in 1948 and Eddie Shore sends me this guy who was a terrible masturbator, you know, couldn't control himself. Why, he would get deliberate penalties so he could get over in the penalty box all by himself and damned if he wouldn't... you know...
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:31   #4
bubba
Quiet Professional

About 2/3 of my detachment hadn't seen it before, so, last deployment we had mandatory movie night. I was amazed at just how many guys had not seen it. Needless to say, we were in tears by the time the Hansens were knocking the crap out of the ref.... LOL
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 15:36   #5
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

I've got a colleague with the last name, "Hanrahan". He avoided me like the plague after I quoted Paul Newman's character incessantly the first time I met him (his wife wasn't present).
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:54   #6
TrapLine
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
I've got a colleague with the last name, "Hanrahan". He avoided me like the plague after I quoted Paul Newman's character incessantly the first time I met him (his wife wasn't present).
With a name like Hanrahan, who could resist? Might be best to move south with that name. Slap Shot is a classic. "Makin' it look mean."
Old 10-19-2014, 15:54   #7
Gypsy
Area Commander

One of my all time favorites EVER! I remember when the anniversary came up a few years ago, I bought the book and sent it to Big Teddy. RIP!