Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 07-24-2014, 00:11   #46
Box
Quiet Professional

At least we haven't gotten to the point where someone files a SHARPs complaint because someone working out in a gym in Afghanistan was seen wearing a t-shirt that says "sex, weights, and protein shakes"

...because THAT shit would be WAY too offensive to tolerate.

We may have to put "21st Tactical" near Ft Bragg on the off-limits list because of those super offensive guns and titties patches they have. What kind of message are we sending when we let our troops support an establishment like that!!!
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:34   #47
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Get the fuck out of here.... At Camp Mackall?!

Who was checking on this?
The chain of command, as directed by Army CofS. The crazy part is that it had to be reported- I'm assuming to feed the stats similar to the AF report that listed how many offensive materials were found.

We then had a briefing from our newly appointed green-suiter SHARPS guy. He told us no more sexual innuendo in the military as objectifying women led to sex harassment and that led to rape and that led to homicide. That logic was all on one slide (sexual innuendo=harassment=rape=homicide).

My friends in the Pentagon tell me the civilian appointees routinely say that the military's macho male culture needs to change- that it is the source for all things evil in the world...
Old 07-24-2014, 06:03   #48
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

WTF have we become. What do they want the military to be a bunch of fruit loops doing their nails talking about the view and afraid of their own shadows. We need Spartins that will fight and die if needed to keep this country safe.

Hell in my office the female agents are worse than any male with their language, jokes and attitudes. No one seams to have a problem with them........ Reminds me of how teams used to act and talk a little bit........ Refreshing
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:49   #49
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

There seems to be a belief nowadays that war is a luxury (we don't have to do it), when we do do it it can be relatively bloodless and mostly won by technology. Not lots of boots on the ground- and, when we do put boots on the ground, they don't have to run much risk and don't have to carry lots of stuff...
Old 07-24-2014, 09:14   #50
bubba
Quiet Professional

I wonder what will be said by putting up a calender of "Burqas Babes" or "Saudi T&A" (Toes and Ankles) in the team room? I'll just call it "Cultural Training" when the CSM asks. Small Victories......
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 07-24-2014 at 09:19.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:18   #51
JimP
Quiet Professional

better yet - post up some pictures from Blu-Boy magazine (if there is such a thing or it's equivalent) and watch the flying cheetah flips begin. They won't know WHAT to do. Simply claim you're gay and that you need this as an affirmation of your life experience. Anyone wanna bet they let you keep it...?
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:11   #52
scooter
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailaviborita View Post
The chain of command, as directed by Army CofS. The crazy part is that it had to be reported- I'm assuming to feed the stats similar to the AF report that listed how many offensive materials were found.

We then had a briefing from our newly appointed green-suiter SHARPS guy. He told us no more sexual innuendo in the military as objectifying women led to sex harassment and that led to rape and that led to homicide. That logic was all on one slide (sexual innuendo=harassment=rape=homicide).

My friends in the Pentagon tell me the civilian appointees routinely say that the military's macho male culture needs to change- that it is the source for all things evil in the world...
This isn't the case across the regiment, I wonder why SWCS is leading the charge on this one. We are going to a strange, new place.... how very sad.

As for the macho culture, by all means try and get rid of it. Your recruiting and retention of warriors in the Marine Corps and Army combat arms branches will dwindle. People come here, and stay, to be part of a warrior culture. If it is dismantled, they will reap what they sow in the mid-term, not to mention the next war. Wars are won and lost by people, not equipment, and the intangibles matter.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 16:48   #53
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
This isn't the case across the regiment, I wonder why SWCS is leading the charge on this one. We are going to a strange, new place.... how very sad.
As for the macho culture, by all means try and get rid of it. Your recruiting and retention of warriors in the Marine Corps and Army combat arms branches will dwindle. People come here, and stay, to be part of a warrior culture. If it is dismantled, they will reap what they sow in the mid-term, not to mention the next war. Wars are won and lost by people, not equipment, and the intangibles matter.

Hmmm, project "Diane" comes to mind, wonder if they're sterilizing before that???
Old 07-24-2014, 18:03   #54
scooter
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
Hmmm, project "Diane" comes to mind, wonder if they're sterilizing before that???
Probably.

Although I did hear today that starting in 2016....anyone....wanting to branch infantry will have to complete Ranger School first after getting commisioned. Gave me a warm feeling inside that someone, somewhere, has the Army's best interests in mind. While Ranger can be modified, it will be enough to break down...anyone....who doesn't want to be an infantry officer for the right reasons.
Old 07-24-2014, 18:39   #55
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Probably.

Although I did hear today that starting in 2016....anyone....wanting to branch infantry will have to complete Ranger School first after getting commisioned. Gave me a warm feeling inside that someone, somewhere, has the Army's best interests in mind. While Ranger can be modified, it will be enough to break down...anyone....who doesn't want to be an infantry officer for the right reasons.
Until women are allowed to go to Ranger School.
Old 07-24-2014, 19:38   #56
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Lest we forget:

http://professionalsoldiers.com/foru...bellies&page=4 ("Army Orders Soldiers to Wear Fake Breasts and 'Empathy' Bellies")

I guess the quote:
Quote:
"Based on the direct order to integrate women into all jobs and schools by 2015, it seems to me illegal and a complete disregard for a direct order to continue to ban women from Ranger school. After all, Ranger school, like all other combat schools, is no longer reserved for men, it is reserved for warfighters."
From: http://taskandpurpose.com/qualified-...ar-ranger-tab/

is implying the idea that everyone is a "warfighter" (read: "warrior").

Makes me wonder how to reconcile the stars and stripes story with Heraclitus' quote on warriors in light of everyone being one...

Quote:
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
Old 07-24-2014, 19:46   #57
scooter
Quiet Professional

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
Until women are allowed to go to Ranger School.
The change will coincide with women being allowed to branch infantry.

Again, Ranger can always be changed. But even in a modified form it will still be an ass-kicker. And this COA is a far better one than allowing women to branch infantry, attend the far less demanding Infantry Officers Basic Couse, and be real deal platoon leaders. At least the ones the force is stuck with will have passed some sort of trial of will, even in a reduced form, and may be less of a burden to the warfighting career fields.

It would have been easy to do it the other way, and more politically expedient as well. Someone at the 4 star level is playing both sides. Better than I expected anyway.
Old 07-24-2014, 19:56   #58
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The change will coincide with women being allowed to branch infantry.

Again, Ranger can always be changed. But even in a modified form it will still be an ass-kicker. And this COA is a far better one than allowing women to branch infantry, attend the far less demanding Infantry Officers Basic Couse, and be real deal platoon leaders. At least the ones the force is stuck with will have passed some sort of trial of will, even in a reduced form, and may be less of a burden to the warfighting career fields.

It would have been easy to do it the other way, and more politically expedient as well. Someone at the 4 star level is playing both sides. Better than I expected anyway.
Disagree. If it is dumbed down enough so a larger percentage can pass, which it will have to, it will not be an ass kicker nor a discriminator.
Old 07-24-2014, 20:24   #59
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

I wonder if guys will want to go to Ranger if they let women in- regardless of whether they change the standards or not. Heck- will guys want to go SF if a bunch of women wear the beret? Maybe things are changing- although talking to cadets out of the various academies I'd say nothing much has changed vis-a-vis the sexes- but I'd say that most guys won't want to bother with things that lose their tough- natured appeal...

If "everyone" wears a tab and a green beret (even if just the perception)- will they still carry the same distinction? Airborne School used to be hard...
Old 07-25-2014, 10:48   #60
bubba
Quiet Professional

"N is for Knowledge!"

I am just wondering who will be teaching Ranger School? If a Ranger Qualified SM doesn't fill out a 4187 to have his tab revoked the minute a female does 1 push-up without a proper (buzz) haircut, the standard has been lowered. Period. I will not be associated with a group of people who lower the standards just to appease the PC morons that don't give a shit about winning on the field of battle. If EVERY SINGLE Victor Qualled guy did the same, what the hell would / could they do? It's a voulenteer organization, you can voulenteer OUT just as easy as you voulenteered in!
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 07-25-2014 at 10:54.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote