Old 04-06-2012, 06:56   #1
tcb09d
Asset

7th grouper double amputee

http://ht.ly/a6Kb9
7th grouper who lost both legs in Afghanistan. Sorry if it's a repost as it is dated a week ago
tcb09d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:47   #2
Sarski

That link does not work. (Well, at least it doesn't take you to info about 7th).

Last edited by Sarski; 04-06-2012 at 07:50.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:56   #3
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarski View Post
That link does not work. (Well, at least it doesn't take you to info about 7th).

It takes me to this story:

A homemade bomb took his lower legs. But a 7th Special Forces Group soldier wouldn't let it end his career.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58   #4
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

It is Special men like that who enable me and my family to sleep in peace at night and I never take that for granted. Thanks for sharing the link.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59   #5
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

¡Que Marveloso!

¡Que Marveloso!

It takes a special strength to come back from some of these injuries!!!

In 2003 a fellow friend of mine from 2/7th got one of his kidneys shot out of him. I was at Kandahar hospital when he came in. He almost died on the operating table and they gave him 12 units of blood. He was going to be medically retired while recovering in US hospitals.

However, that is not what he wanted and fought the med board. Within 6 months he was back working at 2/7 and worked in the S-3 for about 2 years before he was cleared for full duty. He was back to jumping from 12,999 and he went back to AFG on a team!!!

These are some of the true heroes in our military along with the others that paid the ultimate price.

Let us never forget them!
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:06   #6
Sarski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

It takes me to this story:

A homemade bomb took his lower legs. But a 7th Special Forces Group soldier wouldn't let it end his career.

Richard
I'll have to double check on my computer as I'm on a mobile device at the moment, and it takes me to a news page (mweartv.com) out of Pensecola with no such headline.

Apologies to the board and the OP for the confusion.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:36   #7
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post

These are some of the true heroes in our military along with the others that paid the ultimate price.

Let us never forget them!
They'll never be forgotten by us. Each night before bed, my wife (an MP who deploys to A-stan in a few months) and I tuck our 3 year old son in bed with a prayer. He's been learning the ending on his own, for a while now, and can almost repeat it without fail -

"...God, we trust our souls to you and our lives to the Soldiers in green."

His daycare teachers let him lead lunch prayer now, because the kids at his school only know the standard "God is great, God is good, let us thank him for our food. Amen"....well, my son got pissed that they didn't pray for the Soldiers at school and he sort of let them know about it. Now, it's spreading to other classes.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
Old 04-06-2012, 08:50   #8
chance
Guerrilla Chief

I was over there when it happened. Working with Chris's dad who is in the 20th Group with me.
Old 04-06-2012, 19:48   #9
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

FWIW - He's a member here on PS.com.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:12   #10
tcb09d
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Well at the likelihood that he's read this thread I just wanted to say thank you for your selfless service and continuing in it. Also it's fortitude like yours that pushes me to be a better person and to push myself further every day. God Bless.
tcb09d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:35   #11
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
That's worth a lot b/c I hope he reads this and knows that we're grateful for his service and persistence. Somehow, simply saying thank you doesn't feel like enough, but I'll say it anyway - thank you, sir. Hang in there and give it hell!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:48   #12
Gypsy
Area Commander

Stay strong, Warrior!