Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 11-12-2007, 08:28   #1
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Fayetteville - SPEC OPS East

12-14 November at the Colluseum

http://www.defensetradeshows.com/SPE...eral_Info.html

SpecOps East 2007: Warfighter Symposium and Expo will be held November 12-14, 2007 in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Demonstrations, exhibits and presentations/workshops throughout SpecOps East 2007 will enable attendees to explore emerging technologies and the latest in products and services promoting warfighting effectiveness, efficiency, adaptability, utility and mobility of special operations forces.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:44   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

If anyone goes or has been, I would like to know if they think it is worthwhile.

Thanks!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20   #3
Snaquebite
Area Commander

TR,

It's supposed to be a pretty good show. I'll be there setting up today and can post up what seems to be panning out. There is a link to exhibitors on the website.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:27   #4
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Something on the order of SHOT, but smaller? I would go just to meet up with some of the locals.

Not this year however...We just got back from Paris, and are leaving for ten days in Turkey and Berlin, early this week...
Old 11-12-2007, 09:53   #5
jbour13
Area Commander

Talking I'll be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaquebite View Post
TR,

It's supposed to be a pretty good show. I'll be there setting up today and can post up what seems to be panning out. There is a link to exhibitors on the website.
What booth will you be at?

I'll be running around with the LWRC Crew today. See those of you that choose to come.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:42   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Didn't see anyone from LWRC there, but I did run into Snaquebite, LR1947, SERPENT 5XX, et al. Even Perry D. was there jogging around.

Good to see you all, nice show, much better than SOFEX, but poor planning to do it on a holiday.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 11-13-2007, 19:34   #7
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Not SHOT, but I still felt it was worth the trip. Snaquebite showed me some earpro I might have to "acquire", ran into a few buds from past lives, and DID find the LWRC booth. Missed jbour13 (but did meet your brother(?)). I will be spending some money with them, probably for a conversion sometime after the new year. Had a good time and wasted an afternoon productively. For those of you in the area, it's still on tomorrow, get there early. Passes are available on site. Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 22:09   #8
Aequitas
Quiet Professional

I had the chance to attend and I must say that there were some very good products out there floating around. Seems like the brunt of most of the demos were communications oriented. I was hoping to see some advancements within the medical field, but the guys who were there did happen to give quite a few goodies to a few of us. If you have the chance to go and stop in for an hour or two I definitely recommend it.

I might head over tomorrow before I get one last study session in for the DLPT Thurs and Fri. Have a good rest of the week!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:03   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
I had the chance to attend and I must say that there were some very good products out there floating around. Seems like the brunt of most of the demos were communications oriented. I was hoping to see some advancements within the medical field, but the guys who were there did happen to give quite a few goodies to a few of us. If you have the chance to go and stop in for an hour or two I definitely recommend it.

I might head over tomorrow before I get one last study session in for the DLPT Thurs and Fri. Have a good rest of the week!
The best med products show is the SOMA in Tampa, usually in Dec.

TR