Old 06-20-2007, 17:48   #1
wfraser
Asset

Tactical Headsets

What I am looking for is a custom molded ear piece that lets radio transmissions come through but suppresses any loud noise and allows normal noise to be heard. I do not want a boom mic or ear muffs to be attached. I have already contacted TCI with no luck. Any help would be great. The radios that we are using are HT 1250 and 750.
Thanks - Wilkes
wfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 18:29   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

SureFire may have a product that will meet your requirements.

Wired or wireless to radio units?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 18:40   #3
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

TEA "LASH" system

The TEA "LASH" is a favorite with PD and SWAT. I believe they've been used by numerous SOF Forces as well.

They can be used with most two way radio sets. They do have the technology that your looking for for drowning out louder noise while maintaining clear comms with your team.

I own two sets of these and they are top grade. The throat or the recess pad must be used to transmit voice transmissions. The recess pad can be put on any part of your gear, but I'm not sure about a "custom" ear piece ? The are not wireless however. They have ear pieces for just about any ear size. Keying the recess pad is easy, even with large winter gloves.

HERE:http://www.swatheadsets.com/tactical/Lash/web_lash.html

Last edited by 82ndtrooper; 06-20-2007 at 18:45.
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 18:57   #4
wfraser
Asset

The noise supression that I am referring to would be toward flash bangs and gun fire. As if you were clearing a room and threw a flash bang and wanted to protect your ears but also be able to listen and transmit radio traffic as needed.
Old 06-20-2007, 18:59   #5
wfraser
Asset

As for the question towards the wired or not? It doesn't matter as long as it works.
Old 06-20-2007, 22:52   #6
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Mind if I ask why you don't want the muffs?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 19:16   #7
wfraser
Asset

Found It

To answer your question sir...I am at the bottom of the food chain. I was given the order to find the mysterious item and a price. However, the ear muffs was a non optional item as well as a boom mic during the given orders. After looking and calling I finally found the item I we were looking for. The item was found at Ear Inc. It is a custom ear mold with a throat mic set up. The ear piece is wireless from the ear to the throat. The throat has a two wire set up..one wire for PTT and the other is plugged into the radio. The system is supposed to be digital from the old analog (VHS to DVD). A ball park price for the system is around $600.00 per person. Again thank ya'll for the help and thought- Wilkes
Old 06-23-2007, 14:15   #8
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

I'll be interested in a review. Specifically how well the wireless headset works and/or stays put.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 15:38   #9
Snaquebite
Area Commander

+1 on the review. Especially the noise reduction.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 22:52   #10
wfraser
Asset

Just an update on the request....contacted the local supplier of our electronic equipment. They are contacting Ear inc for a test unit. As soon as the unit becomes avalible and is tested I will give an update. Give it about 2 weeks before the next post on the update.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:32   #11
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

I for one am very interested to see how the item you described holds up in the durability class. Peltors (muffs) are pretty good in that respect, but you will still have issues after you issue the ear protection to a variety of knuckle draggers who have no respect for electronics, delicate commo gear, or offensive body odor for that matter. Wireless and inside the ear sounds sexy, but I have doubts that they will be able able to take a pounding, or remain in place. The last thing you want is for them to go tits up after a breach.

Throat mikes are also notorious for not giving reliable and clean signal, especially when donning gas masks. Please let us know how it goes. If you find a good set up, this old commo guy would love to check into it.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 16:24   #12
wfraser
Asset

Still Waiting!!!

Hey Ya'll,

Don't mean to keep ya'll waiting but our local motorola company keeps on giving me the damn run around . God willing and the creek don't rise I will get the radio set sometime this week (08/30/07). Also, I have ordered the finger PTT as well as the chest PTT to find which one works the best.

Later - Wilkes