Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > In Memory Of

Old 07-23-2006, 19:25   #31
skipjack
Auxiliary

I remember seeing him around Student Company, though I did not get to him personally he will be missed... Rest In Peace SSG Caban!

-skipjack
skipjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:45   #32
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

DOL and blue skies, hermano.

RIP.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 15:46   #33
Martin

RIP
Old 07-31-2006, 18:52   #34
NSDQ
Guerrilla

Rest in Peace SSG Caban.
Is not this the fast that I have choosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? When thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Isaiah 58:6,7
NSDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 20:44   #35
uboat509
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace

SFC W
uboat509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:01   #36
Disturbance
SF Candidate

I knew him, went through most of the course with him. Always bs'd with him at the gym. My roommate used to go to the bars with the guy. Fucking good man, never saw him mad or angry...always cool and calm, a true professional. Treated everyone (xrays and the like) with respect. He is definately missed. RIP buddy

Disturbance, out
Disturbance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 17:48   #37
brianksain
Guerrilla

Staff Sergeant Eric Caban

I recently atended Sniperweek West in San Diego as a guest speaker and range officer.

Over $2500.00 dollars were raised for the Army fallen sniper fund at this event.

The proceeds went to the family of Staff Sergeant Caban via the Army Sniper Association.

Godspeed SSG.

BK

http://www.groups.sfahq.com/7th/caban_eric_kia_7th.htm

Staff Sgt. Eric Caban

Special Forces Engineer Sergeant

Company B, 3rd Battalion

7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, NC

KIA 18 July 2006 in southern Afghanistan when his combat reconnaissance patrol was attacked by the enemy and he was hit by small arms fire

Age 28 a native from Manhattan, N.Y.

He is survived by his father Efren and mother Iris, and his brothers Efren Caban Jr. and Edwin Caban.

Awards and decorations

Army Commendation Medal, three Army Achievement Medals, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Combat Infantryman Badge, Basic Parachutist Badge with a Service Bronze Star. He has been posthumously awarded the Bronze Star Medal for valor, the Purple Heart, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Combat Infantryman Badge.

Military Education

Special Forces Engineer Course, Sniper School, the Special Operations Interdiction Course, the Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape Course, the U.S. Army Ranger School, the Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course, the Primary Leadership Development Course, and Airborne School.

Staff Sgt. Eric Caban was born on March 28, 1978 in Manhattan, N.Y. He joined the Army in September, 1997. After attending Infantry training at Fort Benning, Ga., he was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment where he served as a sniper platoon member and team leader. In October 2001, he deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and participated in a combat jump to overtake Kandahar Airfield. He then left active duty to attend college in February 2002.

Due to his patriotism and undeniable calling to serve, Caban returned to active duty in September 2003 and was assigned as a Sniper Instructor at Company C, 2nd Battalion, 29th Infantry Regiment, Fort Benning, Ga.

In December 2004, he attended the Special Forces Qualification Course and graduated in March 2006 as a Special Forces Engineer Sergeant. He was subsequently assigned to Company B, 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N. C.

**Information from SFAHQ.com, The Department of Defense, USASOC used in this Article.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:49   #38
MSG Crusty
Asset

Vaya con Dios Eric. Siempre nos echará usted.
MSG Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10   #39
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Belated,but not forgotten

God Bless,Rest in Peace Warrior...........

He was just a simple soldier and his ranks are growing thin
But his presence should remind us; we may need his like again,
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.
If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.

Perhaps just a simple headline in the paper that might say:
OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, FOR A SOLDIER DIED TODAY. (author unknown)

The passing of our soldiers often go unnoticed and unsung by most of the world, remembered only by family and friends. Wish it were not so. May he RIP, his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote