Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 06-02-2006, 09:17   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

DBT Plate Carrier

I got a new plate carrier! I got a new plate carrier!

My new set up has started trickling in, just in time. DBT Fast Attack plate carrier in Ranger green and matching pouches. I really like it. Small, feels lighter. I wish I had some of those new lightweight plates...

I'll get some pics next week when my official photographer gets back. And I have to finish setting it all up.

I really like that Ranger green color. Very subdued.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:37   #2
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

My #2 man has had the Fast Attack Plate Carrier and Rack for about 6 months. He's got it stuffed with the soft armor and rifle plates. He loves it.

I've worn it on the range. It's just slightly heavier that our issued soft armor, but offers better range of motion. I'd buy one if I had the cash.
"Think thou that these magnificent, victorious Legionnaires became what they are through some arbitrary stroke of fortune? Nay! They do not sit around congratulating themselves in the wake of each victory. They spend every moment refining and improving their craft. Without apology, they pursue excellence. Each one knows and understands that he alone stands between the empire and oblivion. Watch them! Indeed, they appear to have been born with weapons in their hands!"
Endorphin Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:39   #3
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorphin Rush
My #2 man has had the Fast Attack Plate Carrier and Rack for about 6 months. He's got it stuffed with the soft armor and rifle plates. He loves it.

I've worn it on the range. It's just slightly heavier that our issued soft armor, but offers better range of motion. I'd buy one if I had the cash.
They give a good military discount. The thing was less than $80 - no armor.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:24   #4
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

DBT has some of the most reasonably priced gear available...and very good quality. I've got quite a few of their MOLLE pouches. But, my military days are but fond memories, so no discount here.

We are, however, looking into the DBT Armored Warrior as a department purchase. We'll see how that goes.

Here we are clearing weak side corners. He's wearing his DBT F.A.R. with soft and rifle armor in this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006_0523family20041 (Medium).JPG (49.6 KB, 317 views)
"Think thou that these magnificent, victorious Legionnaires became what they are through some arbitrary stroke of fortune? Nay! They do not sit around congratulating themselves in the wake of each victory. They spend every moment refining and improving their craft. Without apology, they pursue excellence. Each one knows and understands that he alone stands between the empire and oblivion. Watch them! Indeed, they appear to have been born with weapons in their hands!"
Endorphin Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 14:22   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Never Mind, I see it now. The front comes unvelcroed to put it on.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-02-2006, 15:44   #6
Razor
Quiet Professional

Are you wearing any soft panels under the plate, NDD?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 18:51   #7
STR8SHTR
Auxiliary

Quote:
I'll get some pics next week when my official photographer gets back. And I have to finish setting it all up.
You tease us again with delayed pics.
STR8SHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 18:59   #8
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Are you wearing any soft panels under the plate, NDD?
No. The RACK has Level III in it.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-06-2006, 21:10   #9
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I'm going to shoot with it on for the first time tomorrow. I shall report back.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-14-2007, 16:07   #10
Fiercely Loyal
Guerrilla

NDD, what did you think of this peice of kit? DBT is currently having a huge sale and I purchased one in OD along with pouches.

FL
Fiercely Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote