Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 01-22-2006, 14:11   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

LaRue Tactical Mounts

I recently met Mark LaRue owner of LaRue Tactical. He is one of the good guys.

LaRue makes superb target systems, throw lever quick detach mounts, scope rings, free-floated AR handguards, gas blocks, and a nifty Field Survival Device among other things.

The throw levers are outstanding, with the unique features of being adjustable for tension, and with a positive lock to prevent unwanted unmounting of the device.

They also raise the level of the optics to clear the front sight post, as many people complain that they lose their reticles during co-witnessing over the front sight post.

Three of the mounts I have been trying out are the ACOG mount, the Aimpoint Mount, and the SureFire Scout Light mount.

Thus far, I have been VERY pleased at the adjustment and repeatability of these mounts. They appear to be nearly bulletproof, and have some nifty design features built into many of the items. The Aimpoint mount, for example, has a spare battery compartment.

The ACOG mount is rock solid, yet quick to install and remove with a positive lockup. It can be adjusted to the point where it is locks up very securely, yet without being so difficult as to break or bend something.

The Aimpoint mount has the same features as the ACOG mount with the advantage of being a cantilevered mount that permits those without Picatinny Rail forends to get the optic out as far forward as possible. That is the way to mount the Aimpoint for maximum speed. In addition to ther aforementioned battery compartment, the mount also incorporates LaRue's 12:00/6:00 rings which allow for a much quicker and easier scope installation and set-up.

The Scout Light Mount is a quick throw lever arrangement which allows for easy installation and removal. The only thing missing is a drop plate to lower the mounting position for those with small hands or short thumbs.

Anyone considering tactical optics mounts would be well advised to consider the LaRue mounts when looking at the options. I intend to get some more of his high-quality, professional grade parts.

Hope this helps.

TR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG0029 (Medium).JPG (62.6 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0039 (Medium).JPG (63.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0053 (Medium).JPG (64.7 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0055 (Medium)c.jpg (149.6 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0060 (Medium)c.jpg (180.5 KB, 155 views)
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 21:22   #2
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

I've got to chime in on this one. I've got his SPR mount, two of his Aimpoint mounts, his bipod adapter, his replacement adapter for my SureFire 910, and a couple of his Field Survival Devices. I will definitely be getting more of his stuff. The fact that it's all machined vs. cast, the quality is superb, and his throw levers adjust and lock (at least the Aimpoint ones) have sold me completely. Add that the mounts come with the tension adjustment wrench, an allen wrench for the rings, and the locktite to secure the screws and you can't ask for more. Not to mention he seems like a good guy - and he answers his email too! FWIW - Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 21:16   #3
Fiercely Loyal
Guerrilla

Larue’s customer service

My first order with them was over $500. There was an issue with my Credit card (I was unaware of at the time) but they sent the products without the payment going thru. When I called them after not seeing the charges post to my account (about 7 days later) they simply told me that they had sent the products anyhow and figured that we would clear the discrepancy up eventually. How is that for customer service? Plus I got a t-shirt, hat, and “field survival device” to boot.
Fiercely Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:06   #4
brianksain
Guerrilla

Incredible guy.

And he's a Texan
Old 10-17-2007, 07:42   #5
rubberneck
Area Commander

I have a LaRue EOTech mount and like it very much. Then again I will never put my gear through the wear and tear you guys will but it is nice to have an excellent piece of gear that can take whatever I'll dish out.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:39   #6
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

LaRue Tactical

I recently had the pleasure to meet Mark LaRue and many of his employees at his facility in Leander, Texas. I will second "The Reaper's" comment that he and his crew are definitely one of the "good guys".

From what I have seen of their products, they make well thought out and quality products. In addition, I am willing to bet a paycheck that they have the best customer service in the business.

I also got the impression that if it weren't for those pesky items such as operating expenses, the need to feed and house his family, and pay his excellent employees he would give his products away to those using them in harms way.

If you are looking for quality products and outstanding customer service, I highly recommend you check out LaRue Tactical.

http://www.laruetactical.com/
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:48   #7
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

I started a thread a while back regarding LaRues customer service. I had a dead Aimpoint CompM3 and they overnighted another one to me without me having to send the dead one in prior to shipping the new one.

I literally caught one of the guys in the shop, I think Austin, at the end of the work day and he still got it to me the next day !! Excellant customer service and I'm not in theater or even on AD, just a plinker with expensive tastes.

I think I've got a money order here some where ready to be sent out to purchase the LT Pivot mount and the Mag Pul MIAD grip.

At our last machine gun shoot I had the Aimpoint Cantelever Mount with the Aimpoint 3x Mag and LT mount and every one of the AR lovers there wanted the website and parts numbers.

Great stuff. I'll not buy anybody else's mounts when the time comes for more optics.

Although my "field survival" Dillo has only opened about 100 bottles of beer on the wall.

Last edited by 82ndtrooper; 10-17-2007 at 09:52.
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote