Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 08-27-2007, 13:59   #1
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Single Point Sling Adapter

Searched around and didn't find this. It actually looks well thought out and functional.

http://www.crosstac.com/component/pa...d,44/vmcchk,1/

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 15:22   #2
jatx
Area Commander

Very interesting. I've been looking for something like that to allow me to switch to weak side with my Vickers 2-point sling.

I wonder how it would work if I added the requisite hook to my sling?
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 16:54   #3
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Thats a pretty good price. On one AR I have a Tango Down model with the QD Swivel Slot on both sides, $75. It mounts on the buffer tube. No tube removable necessary. Midwest makes one that is a lot cheaper, $37 (see pic)
I never liked the Single point configuration, lack of Weapon control. But it works for some. I never carried an MP5 long enough to have an opinion but I would think Single point configuration had these smaller weapons in mind. Three point configuration just sucks, thats all I have to say about that.
I experimented with a lot of set ups. The best for me is a two point configuration. Both mounting points in toward the center, about 14" apart.
One point is attached to the TD QD Attachment on the Buffer tube. You can see the right side hole for a QD swivel in the M4 picture w/EOTEC.
The second point is attached about 14" forward on the left side of the KAC Rail. Using a MI QD Rail mount (See Pic of MI Mount) Next to the receiver. You cant see where it's attached in the M4 Picture.
This configuration works for me and my Rifle. You have to find what is best for you. Why didn't I mount one point on the Butt Stock instead of using a $40 to $75 Buffer Mount. Or one point on the Butt Stock, other point on the Buffer Mount...etc. You just have to find your sweet spot. My son is only 12 so we had to spread his AR Sling points out for better control (See pic, Tan AR) Either that or cut a $40 Sling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mi1.jpg (37.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg mi2.jpg (70.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg qd.jpg (52.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg qd3.JPG (121.2 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by kgoerz; 08-27-2007 at 16:59.
kgoerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 17:27   #4
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

KG:

How funny. I have the exact same mounts on two of my AR's. It took me a while but it's works for me. Not sure how I'd like a single point sling adaptation.

Jatx: That may help to sovle the current problem your having. I'm having a similar problem from right eyed dominance from Uveitis and a fixed pupil. I might just try using the sling hook also.

I too use the Vickers Tactical sling on both AR's. The VCAS also purchased with sling mounts from MWI site.

Last edited by 82ndtrooper; 08-27-2007 at 17:54.
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 18:15   #5
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

I've got a Tango Down buffer tube mount on mine as well. It was the schnizzle when I was playing with a Wilderness Single Point Sling. Since then I've discovered LV's sling (I've attached it at the buttstock) and the WSP has been retired to a box. I'll probably swap it (w/TD mount) to the wife's carbine until I can get a couple more of LV's slings. I really like the TD's flexibility and ease of use/attachment. The QD swivel makes the system. All in all a nice piece of kit even if I don't really like SP slings. Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 19:20   #6
jatx
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndtrooper
Jatx: That may help to sovle the current problem your having. I'm having a similar problem from right eyed dominance from Uveitis and a fixed pupil. I might just try using the sling hook also.
It's not so much that as being tired of the Vickers sling strangling me when I switch to my weak hand to shoot around barriers, from a vehicle, etc. If you are switching to using your weak hand as primary from now on, you could just put an attachment point on your rail at 3 o'clock and run the sling over your other shoulder. Voila!

KG, I like what you've done. I think I'll buy this doohickey and a new MASH hook and report back later.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 22:02   #7
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

Snaquebite:

If you're in the market for one point sling hardware, here's another if you have a desire to use a QD mount.

http://www.tacticallink.com/Images/Product/2491_lg.jpg

http://www.tacticallink.com/Images/P...SC03454_lg.jpg

http://www.tacticallink.com/Images/P...80_main_lg.jpg

http://www.tacticallink.com/Images/Product/19a_lg.jpg

http://www.tacticallink.com/Images/Product/19b_lg.jpg

I've used it for years and can vouch that it is rock solid. Of course, I have since gone on to prefer two point slings and use the Vickers sling now. But the gear that Tactical Link produces is good-to-go for one point slings and attachment hardware.

Hope this is of some use.

ER
"Think thou that these magnificent, victorious Legionnaires became what they are through some arbitrary stroke of fortune? Nay! They do not sit around congratulating themselves in the wake of each victory. They spend every moment refining and improving their craft. Without apology, they pursue excellence. Each one knows and understands that he alone stands between the empire and oblivion. Watch them! Indeed, they appear to have been born with weapons in their hands!"

Last edited by Endorphin Rush; 08-27-2007 at 22:06.
Endorphin Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 21:57   #8
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatx
It's not so much that as being tired of the Vickers sling strangling me when I switch to my weak hand to shoot around barriers, from a vehicle, etc. If you are switching to using your weak hand as primary from now on, you could just put an attachment point on your rail at 3 o'clock and run the sling over your other shoulder. Voila!

KG, I like what you've done. I think I'll buy this doohickey and a new MASH hook and report back later.
I acquired the TD Mount in a deal. The next one I had to pay retail. The reason for the MI model in the Picture. $30 difference and both mounts have the same four screws holding them together.
You can find a lot of this type of hardware for sale on ARCOM cheap. But it sells fast. I missed buying a TD Rear mount for $20. I don't think the seller knew how much that little piece of metal was worth. It was sold in minutes.
Old 08-29-2007, 20:47   #9
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz
I acquired the TD Mount in a deal. The next one I had to pay retail. The reason for the MI model in the Picture. $30 difference and both mounts have the same four screws holding them together.
You can find a lot of this type of hardware for sale on ARCOM cheap. But it sells fast. I missed buying a TD Rear mount for $20. I don't think the seller knew how much that little piece of metal was worth. It was sold in minutes.
It's surprising what you can find over at ARCOM. I suppose some over there have no clue how cheaply they are selling perfectly good gadgets and gear.

Both of my MI sling mounts were purchased over there for far less than the retail price. As I mentioned I have the MI buffer tube SM and the rail mounted SM just forward of the reciever on the 9 O'clock rail. That's my sweet spot, for the moment.
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:52   #10
Snaquebite
Area Commander

ER,

Actually I'm not in the market for one but that's pretty nice. The only time I've used a single is with an MP5 while running an ACP in Iraq. The area was pretty enclosed and anything larger was not conducive to searching vehicles etc. That one was home made for lack of anything else at the time.
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote