Old 05-17-2007, 03:19   #1
Fujin
Asset

Need Boot Advice

I've scowered through the threads concerning boots and favorite boots.

I'm currently in Iraq, training for SFAS and need a good -appropriate- pair of boots for training and bring to SFAS. The concern is that I have abnormally WIDE feet , and non of my issued boots fit right. I'm just over a 4EEEE.

I run and ruck in my full uniform and boots. My SF mentor over here told me to "train like you fight" so I train and swim as so.

Can anybody tell me which company cuts a WIDER boot? Or who has wide feet and had boots that they've been happy with and ARE NOT sneaker style boots.

Thanks Guys
Fujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:35   #2
highspeedmdd
Quiet Professional

Location: Fort Sam Houston, US Army North, Security Assistance Management...I think...I get the feeling they aren't telling me everything yet.
Hmmm...I would think someone in your S-4 would have the ability to look that up. And if you are wearing boots that do not fit, I would raise Cain with your PSG over it. With all the gear floating around, if you do not have boots that fit correctly, someone needs to get on the ball!

And once they get yu boots that fit, then you will know who makes them...
Old 08-17-2007, 23:48   #3
"CAST or TAB"
Asset

I've been using a pair of Bates USMC Hot Weather Boots lately. They go for about $150 which is not unreasonable. They're very comfortable and don't take long to break in. My understanding after talking to several QPs in the unit is that as long as the boots are issue and not anything fancy like the Oakleys there shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone interested should be able to google and search prices. As always, I would try on a pair somewhere before purchasing.

Good luck and "Ruck on!"
....WE FEW, WE HAPPY FEW, WE BAND OF BROTHERS. HE WHO SHED HIS BLOOD WITH ME SHALL FOREVER BE MY BROTHER. And those too afraid to go shall think themselves lesser men, as they hear of how we have fought and died together.
"CAST or TAB" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:06   #4
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb

I'm not too certain that a boot issued for another service, with the EGA emblazoned on the heelcup, is going to cut it as being authorized or appropriate.

Best to let those in the know about the current standards for SFAS answer SFAS questions.

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:49   #5
Pete S
Guerrilla

My advise would be to not spend alot of money on fancy boots.
Spend the money on good insoles and good socks instead.
As far as I know Marines are the only ones authorized to wear the boots with the EGA on the side.
Pete S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:27   #6
jatx
Area Commander

I feel for you, man. I destroyed my feet rucking in boots that were too narrow. FWIW, I Googled "extra wide desert boots" and found out that Altama and Belleville both make their milspec boots in Extra Wide, which is equivalent to EEEE. Good luck!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:21   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAST or TAB
I've been using a pair of Bates USMC Hot Weather Boots lately. They go for about $150 which is not unreasonable. They're very comfortable and don't take long to break in. My understanding after talking to several QPs in the unit is that as long as the boots are issue and not anything fancy like the Oakleys there shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone interested should be able to google and search prices. As always, I would try on a pair somewhere before purchasing.

Good luck and "Ruck on!"
You will not be allowed to wear them at SFAS.

Please do not dispense advice that you are not qualified to offer.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 19:22   #8
"CAST or TAB"
Asset

Understood. My apologies.
....WE FEW, WE HAPPY FEW, WE BAND OF BROTHERS. HE WHO SHED HIS BLOOD WITH ME SHALL FOREVER BE MY BROTHER. And those too afraid to go shall think themselves lesser men, as they hear of how we have fought and died together.
"CAST or TAB" is offline   Reply With Quote