Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 22:50   #31
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Q - 1984, IIRC, and no EH had nothing t do with it. That time frame is full of stories and most are BS. The man's initials was DB. That should firm it up.

Billy, you did win man! At least that is how my fogged brain remembers it.

As I remember you won the ambush on the guy that was mugging guys on Gulick too.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:52   #32
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I've been watching the TV show since we finally get it here. It's bad, but it could be worse - it could be America's Next Top Model...
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 12-23-2006, 19:36   #33
Guy
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
I've been watching the TV show since we finally get it here. It's bad, but it could be worse - it could be America's Next Top Model...
I wonder if the main character could even pass the swim test?!?!?!

Stay safe.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Old 12-23-2006, 20:05   #34
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
I wonder if the main character could even pass the swim test?!?!?!

Stay safe.
Guy! Are you being racist again? Oh wait, you can't be can you.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
Old 12-23-2006, 21:14   #35
CoLawman
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian
I cancelled the order as per your advice, Team Sergeant. However, rather than order "Peter Pan," I ordered a book called "Verbal Judo." Thought it might be more usefull. Thanks for the heads up.

Gerbil Voodoo!?!?.......hack! spit! cough!......Yeech!

That was required reading at one time in my career. Absolutely ridiculous in the context we were supposed to use it. Kinder, Gentler means to end a disturbance or dispute.................It was never implemented for reasons you will soon find out upon finishing it! Sorry for the sidetrack. Back on topic!
Old 12-24-2006, 12:33   #36
brianksain
Guerrilla

Quote:
I cancelled the order as per your advice, Team Sergeant. However, rather than order "Peter Pan," I ordered a book called "Verbal Judo." Thought it might be more usefull. Thanks for the heads up.
Old cop told me once "Don't use verbal judo ... use anal Karate ... just kick their ass"

Back to my hole.

Last edited by brianksain; 12-24-2006 at 12:36.
Old 12-24-2006, 19:18   #37
hoot72
Guerrilla

Quote:
Guess I'l take everything in it with several grains of salt as I did with Andy McNab's books about SAS.

A former SAS guy actually went back to the area where the team were compromised and after extensive research and interviews with the family living on the farm and the boy who supposedly blew the whistle on the team, there were strong indications that McNab left one of his men behind who was suffering from dehydration/hypothermia (cant remember which) while they were on the retreat to die as opposed to the movie/book version that the guy disappeared.

And the big gun battle at the iraqi check point never happened.

Its sad when individuals need to resort to creating events that never happened. I dont know how he sleeps at night knowing he lied.

I actually did read Haney's book 2-3 years back and hve his book somewhere on the shelve. He does go into quite a bit of detail about how he came about joining DF and even more on operational procedures and planning.

I was quite surprised he actually did write the book, especially given the nature of delta force and their attitude to keeping all things on a low profile basis. It was perhaps quite unexpected that he would choose to write a book of all things.
Old 12-24-2006, 19:28   #38
hoot72
Guerrilla

"The Unit" seems to be another version of "Over There." I am surprised they have a season 2 planned...

Anyone seen the 1st season of the British SAS drama "Ultimate Force?" Good season and good show.

Season 2 was a bloody disaster!
Old 12-24-2006, 21:06   #39
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoot72
I was quite surprised he actually did write the book, especially given the nature of delta force and their attitude to keeping all things on a low profile basis. It was perhaps quite unexpected that he would choose to write a book of all things.
Like certain parts of our anatomies, every selection course has a few turds that slip through and eventually cause a stain.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 12-24-2006, 21:09   #40
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoot72
"The Unit" seems to be another version of "Over There." I am surprised they have a season 2 planned...
This is America, the more stupid the show the bigger the audience.

Jerry Springer has been on what 25 years?

Can you say "Wheel of Fortune"?

What are you thinking?

TS
Old 12-27-2006, 09:10   #41
echoes
Area Commander

This is America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
This is America, the more stupid the show the bigger the audience. TS
TS, greetings Sir. IMHO, that statement is true. Though I have run across those in the Industry who do care about such things as fact, integrity, and truth.
(Am looking through an old contact book for some info, will keep posted if I get a hold of anyone.)
Until then, if anyone is in Las Vegas and feels like a little Q & A? I found this on the web:

"CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS and CBS.A) today announced that Leslie Moonves, President and Chief Executive Officer, will participate in a question and answer session as a keynote speaker at Citigroup's 17th Annual Entertainment, Media and Telecommunications Conference on Wednesday, January 10, 2007. The session will begin at 1:30 PM Pacific Standard Time."

Holly
Old 12-27-2006, 10:34   #42
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes
..."CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS and CBS.A) today announced that Leslie Moonves, President and Chief Executive Officer, will participate in a question and answer session...
It would be a total waste of time. As you noted, "those in the Industry" dont care about, "such things as fact, integrity, and truth."

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Old 12-27-2006, 10:43   #43
Goggles Pizano
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianksain
Old cop told me once "Don't use verbal judo ... use anal Karate ... just kick their ass"

Back to my hole.
LOL! Thanks Brian I'm writing that one down!
You ask; What is our policy? I will say; “It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.” You ask; What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory—victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.-Winston Churchill
Old 12-27-2006, 13:13   #44
echoes
Area Commander

Smile Surgicalacric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
It would be a total waste of time. As you noted, "those in the Industry" dont care about, "such things as fact, integrity, and truth."

Crip
You are correct, and Thank You for Your Service.

Holly

Last edited by echoes; 01-04-2007 at 12:27. Reason: Crip is right!
Old 01-06-2007, 15:01   #45
Christophe
Guerrilla

Regarding Delta; anyone know about the recruiting video that got out on the internet? I´ve seen it, and lots of people can be clearly seen in it (persec).
Any idea what the reactions were on the vid leaking?
Closed Thread