Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 12-05-2009, 00:42   #16
gits
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by st1650 View Post
I'll have to echo the Arcteryx LEAF program. Great great gear, still made in Canada. Got me a Alpha Jacket. Still very expensive (paid 600$) but you get what you pay for.

Also if you're in Canada, Glock has a 'professional' program too. If you're LEO/MIL/Pilot/Firefighter/etc you can get a G17RTF2 for under 500$ which is about a 200$-250$ rebate.
Well I'm not so sure if all there stuff is still made in Canada... I own a Bravo Jacket and a Gamma Mx which happen to be made in China from ArcTeryx it seems some of the stuff is outsourced.
gits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:11   #17
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
OR asks for an email address, and a code. If you are able to click through without a code, I am missing how you are doing it.

Thanks for the assist.

TR
Did You get it? I honestly didn't remember the whole code process. I'm willing to help poke around if this is still an issue.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 14:07   #18
st1650
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by gits View Post
Well I'm not so sure if all there stuff is still made in Canada... I own a Bravo Jacket and a Gamma Mx which happen to be made in China from ArcTeryx it seems some of the stuff is outsourced.
All of the LEAF division gear is still made in Canada under the strictest quality control.

Some of the retail stuff has been outsourced to China. Especially sad for a 400$+ jacket.
st1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 17:17   #19
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Glad to see you guys are coming across all of this. If I had known some of the info wasn't out there for everyone I would have tried to put it out sooner.

I've worked at retailers carrying all of these brands for two to three years now. I would definitely promote Arc' stuff. I have eight or ten of their jackets and they are all fantastic. Their warranty is also pretty bombproof I had a Minuteman shell for about 4 years that began to come unlaminated at the cuffs. I called them, sent it in, and got a return call in about two weeks asking which jacket I wanted from the current line. So I got a brand new $450 jacket in exchange for one I had beat the crap out of for years. Pretty nice.

3point5 is the newest implementation of pro deals for employees of retailers. The shop signs up and then gives employees accounts. Employee signs on, watches some interactive slides and takes some quizzes on a given product line and then can order from that company. So it works for everyone as far as ease of pro dealing and getting more product knowledge out.

ProMotive used to be BroForm. 3point5 bought them out/took over. So now individuals or employees of shops/outdoor/gov't agencies can sign up and get deals. You sign up for "teams" based on your credentials. I am currently in the military team and a couple others. You can only be a member of up to 3 teams for free. After that, it costs $10 a year. Ordering as a member of this team or that supposedly encourages more manufacturers to support said team so the site says it behooves you to choose your teams wisely if you qualify for more than one. The nice thing is the number of brands you get in one spot. I think I have something like 40 companies I can buy from.

Outdoor prolink is another good one that has some higher end companies like MSR and MHW.

Hope some of this was helpful. The only thing I enjoy more than the Army is my time spent teaching/educating others in the Wilderness. Its a passion.
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59   #20
j942rhino
Asset

Promotive.com Tactical Pro-deals

I run the Tactical program at Promotive. As a current/retired member of the military you can join for free at www.promotive.com/ext/tactical. We currently have about 40+ brands on there that are tactical and or recreational in nature. I'm working every day to add more tactical brands to allow operators to get the job done as efficiently as possible. If there are certain brands that you'd like pro-deal access to please let me know.
jhaskell@swarmbuilder.com

Thanks for your service.
j942rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:38   #21
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by j942rhino View Post
I run the Tactical program at Promotive. As a current/retired member of the military you can join for free at www.promotive.com/ext/tactical. We currently have about 40+ brands on there that are tactical and or recreational in nature. I'm working every day to add more tactical brands to allow operators to get the job done as efficiently as possible. If there are certain brands that you'd like pro-deal access to please let me know.

Thanks for your service.
Rhino:

I signed up for promotive (thanks for the code free link) do I need to sign up for 3point5 as well?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 16:54   #22
Priest
Quiet Professional

Just a thought for Admins on here, the bulk of these programs are meant to be discreet. I understand that the majority of the membership on here rightly deserves the benefits of these programs however the other people who frequent this sight should not be privy to these details. Now I understand a simple google of these programs will get you the same info, and, in the end it is up to the individual vendors as to whether or not they accept you or not but we shouldn't perpetuate that. Long story short, shouldn't we move this into the Iso Fac at least?
Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:58   #23
MeC86
Guerrilla

Marmot

Link to Marmot's Prodeal

http://marmot.promotive.com/action/index
MeC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 20:00   #24
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Rhino:

I know a couple I would love to see are Streamlight and SureFire. Both of them are on 3point5 but neither of my shop associations on 3point5 get me into them as we don't carry their lines. Those are probably the two biggest ones that I see already with some sort of relationship with the company that for whatever reason chose to use 3point5 but not ProMotive.

What's the reasoning some companies give for doing this? Just not interested in opening up to the wider customer base at the lower margin?

Thanks for stopping in!
NR
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58   #25
sneakypete
FTFSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
I am partial to Kaenon (Kore model) polarized sunglasses. They also offer discounts to the military.
+1 on Kaenon. I own a couple pairs and love them so much that I have purchased them for my brothers, mom, dad, and girlfriend. They really are fabulous. The C12 lens on sunny days makes everything look so nice. The lens does a great job with saturation and aids with depth perception.
sneakypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:22   #26
j942rhino
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoadtrippin View Post
Rhino:

I know a couple I would love to see are Streamlight and SureFire. Both of them are on 3point5 but neither of my shop associations on 3point5 get me into them as we don't carry their lines. Those are probably the two biggest ones that I see already with some sort of relationship with the company that for whatever reason chose to use 3point5 but not ProMotive.

What's the reasoning some companies give for doing this? Just not interested in opening up to the wider customer base at the lower margin?

Thanks for stopping in!
NR
I've spoken with both Streamlight and Surefire and they really aren't set up to sell direct to the public so it's not a path they want to travel at this time. I will be meeting with several other handheld light companies at the SHOT show this month to see what we can do. Keep the brand requests coming because they carry a lot of weight coming from the end users.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:26   #27
j942rhino
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest View Post
Just a thought for Admins on here, the bulk of these programs are meant to be discreet. I understand that the majority of the membership on here rightly deserves the benefits of these programs however the other people who frequent this sight should not be privy to these details. Now I understand a simple google of these programs will get you the same info, and, in the end it is up to the individual vendors as to whether or not they accept you or not but we shouldn't perpetuate that. Long story short, shouldn't we move this into the Iso Fac at least?
I understand your concern with discreetness. All members who join our tactical teams have to provide credentials to be approved so it's not really open to the public. We also have the ability to filter what users see which brands based on the brand's request. I.E. brand XX wants to market to Spec. Ops operators but not general line units. Unless you verify that you are a member of Spec. Ops you will not see brand XX.
The brands would like us to grow the communities as large as possible provided that we continue to qualify the members as they come in.
Old 01-05-2010, 13:10   #28
j942rhino
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Rhino:

I signed up for promotive (thanks for the code free link) do I need to sign up for 3point5 as well?

TR
No you don't. 3point5 is designed for retail store employees to get product training.
Old 01-05-2010, 18:38   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I've spoken with both Streamlight and Surefire and they really aren't set up to sell direct to the public so it's not a path they want to travel at this time. I will be meeting with several other handheld light companies at the SHOT show this month to see what we can do. Keep the brand requests coming because they carry a lot of weight coming from the end users.
Surefire will normally give a direct sale customer who is military or LE a discount. Their employee discount is incredible.

I would suggest that you make contact with Inova, if you want to see a smaller selection of very nice lights, including some tactical applications.

They may be willing to talk to you about this at SHOT, let me know if you need an introduction.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 01-27-2010, 21:42   #30
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Thanks for your service.
I met the 3point5 guy at SHOT in the dungeon, I would respectfully suggest that next year you put your booth squarely in the Mil/LE section.

Win-win for everyone! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

TR