Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 09-27-2008, 18:28   #1
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

VOTED BEST ALTERED PHOTO OF SARAH PALIN YET....

http://www.sflistteamhouse.com/Misc/...bama_palin.htm

BMT
Old 09-27-2008, 18:38   #2
nmap
Area Commander

(Chuckle).

Absolutely delightful, Sir.

I fear I may get into trouble with this one.

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 18:41   #3
Remington Raidr

You better hope he doesn't get in, otherwise it is re-education camp for YOU fer sure!
Old 09-27-2008, 18:59   #4
Sdiver
Area Commander

I didn't know he was a Hunchback ???
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 19:48   #5
JumpinJoe1010
Auxiliary

I thought manual labor was below him.

"Men who live by playing with knowledge may be called scholars, but they can never be men of wisdom." Hiratsuka Raicho
JumpinJoe1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 21:49   #6
Box
Quiet Professional

It could have been kicked up a notch if "Palin" had a barbed wire tattoo on her ankle...

just a little something to offset Obamas 'hump'
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:21   #7
jamber97
BANNED USER

I don't know what to think of this image. A shoe shine boy is often used in racist propaganda as a sign of submission. I guess you can throw it in the same category as the Obama waffles.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more of this.
jamber97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:46   #8
Pete
Quiet Professional

I agree it's in bad taste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamber97 View Post
..... I guess you can throw it in the same category as the Obama waffles........
But I disagree with where to put it. I'd put it closer to the "political" cartoons of the conservative blacks in the Bush administration as "House -you know whats"
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:09   #9
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
I don't know what to think of this image. A shoe shine boy is often used in racist propaganda as a sign of submission. I guess you can throw it in the same category as the Obama waffles.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more of this.
That's odd. My first job, at age 12, was shinning shoes in a hotel barber shop. I believe Rush Limbaugh's first job was also shinning shoes. Should he and I feel offended?

Spit-shine Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:44   #10
jamber97
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
That's odd. My first job, at age 12, was shinning shoes in a hotel barber shop. I believe Rush Limbaugh's first job was also shinning shoes. Should he and I feel offended?

Spit-shine Pat
I'm sure you use to eat watermelon and fried chicken as well. You know its a matter of context.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:09   #11
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
You know its a matter of context.
…or perspective.

Those of us in the American Shoe Shiners Guild see it in an altogether different light. Mainly that most of us never had a good-looking woman, let alone a governor, in our chairs.

As to context, it doesn’t matter to those raised to be “super sensitive” to such things. Besides, as Pete has already pointed out, it’s a political CARTOON!

Pat ASSG #12895

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:19   #12
Pete
Quiet Professional

Not a matter of context.

Quote:
I'm sure you use to eat watermelon and fried chicken as well. You know its a matter of context.
No jamber - you're wrong. It's not a matter of context, it's a matter of who does it. What would your view have been if it was a G Bush in the chair and C Thomas, Powell or Rice doing the shining? Would your first thought have been "Oreo"?

Mine would have been outrage at the photo.

Not because of the color of the person but because of who they are. It would have been done to demean the person as an individual. You don't look at "who" is in the picture - you look at color, as long as it's a Democrat. I didn't see a black man - I saw the individual - Obama. So I saw the picture as an attempt to demean Obama.

That, I think, is the difference between liberals and conservative.

Since we have about five weeks to go untill the election I'm sure there will be more tasteless photo shops - seems to be the rage these days - before then. Looking forward to your denouncements of the ones trashing McCain & Palin.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:56   #13
jamber97
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
No jamber - you're wrong. It's not a matter of context, it's a matter of who does it. What would your view have been if it was a G Bush in the chair and C Thomas, Powell or Rice doing the shining? Would your first thought have been "Oreo"?

Mine would have been outrage at the photo.

Not because of the color of the person but because of who they are. It would have been done to demean the person as an individual. You don't look at "who" is in the picture - you look at color, as long as it's a Democrat. I didn't see a black man - I saw the individual - Obama. So I saw the picture as an attempt to demean Obama.

That, I think, is the difference between liberals and conservative.

Since we have about five weeks to go untill the election I'm sure there will be more tasteless photo shops - seems to be the rage these days - before then. Looking forward to your denouncements of the ones trashing McCain & Palin.

You have a very interesting perspective. Just so you know. I'm not a Democrat. I'm a registered Republican soon to be an Independent. I have the utmost respect for all the minorities who have been appointed by President Bush. Over four years and 24 appointments, Bush has named to his Cabinet, two Asian-Americans, three Hispanics five women and four African-Americans.

You haven't heard any denouncements from me, nor will you. I'm just making an observation.
Old 09-28-2008, 15:37   #14
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

I think it was very funny. Does that make me a racist ? I hope not,because I'm not...

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 15:43   #15
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb

You know I was not going to comment but I have to.

Why do so many people have to take things in an offensive manor.

It is Political Satire (JOKE), screwing with a politician, etc......... Get out your Non Political correct suit and put it on and just laugh at a Political Cartoon..... If it was posted on a Skinhead website with a racial caption then I might take offense.

Jamber97 look........ this is a Special Forces (QP) board and we joke and laugh about all kinds of things and we sure are not correct when it comes to the current list of offenses that the Political Correct Police have and you know My Self and probably most of the QP all agree it was a Joke and nothing more.

Quote:
If I wanted to play with words why did you say shoe shine boy. That is defiantly an adult shining the shoes????? See we today are just getting too sensitive and take everything the wrong way and as for me I am tired of having to worry how one misplaced word will get blown out of context and create a scandal. You would not believe some of the morbid humor that people think up to help cope with the stress of war... That is another thread.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote