Originally Posted by QuietObserver
I have been a member of Myspace from its inception. There are Pro's and Con's to the site.
1. It is a good place to meet new friends or just find old one's. I have personally reconnected with a number of grade school mates I haven't spoken to in years.
2. The search functions allow you to search your area or other zip codes for people of your age or interest.
3. The group function allows you to search and join groups that are in line with your wown interest.
1. There are no guidelines for honesty regarding age, location, sex or pictures which means that anybody joining can be anyone else, including a sexual predator. Big Con!
2. The group function previously mentioned is usually made up of a buch of kid "wanna-be's" who just cuss at each other instead of discussing real issues like adults. Thank you QuietProfessionals!
3. Pictures can be deceiving. On a personal note, I am 22 and have gone on date through myspace. Needles to say, the lady's picture did not quite represent her current physique... by about 30lbs. But then again I met a girl who I had a great relationship with so the possibilities are still there.
In conclusion there are some great pitfalls to Myspace which one must be wary of, especially the nieve young. But it can be a fun tool for finding advice and friends. I recommend you try it out or at least look into it before criticizing it because of what you've sen on tv..
I have seen it
I've done checks for our HR department on potential new hires with it