View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 09:24   #18
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

keavin keavin keavin lawdermilk, are you also involved in in the selling of forged autographs on ebay? I can hardly believe what I read below..... keavin lawdermilk, if that your screenname for ebay Grnberet1980?

You are a true scumbag and one hell of a bottom feeder.....

Your days of scamming people are about over, you can run but you cannot hide. You fat man, picked the wrong color of beret to scam innocent people. You are about to learn first hand of our resolve.

Team Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Special Forces (ret)

Q We were contacted by a recent buyer of one of our Star Wars cast signed posters. "JonFlogit" stated that it was a forgery. We were directed to your website for further information and are very concerned.
We are a very honest, and reputable autograph company in the United States. We either obtain the autographs "in-person" or purchase them from reliable collectors who we have been associated with for years. Our records indicate that these posters were obtained by one of our collectors as he attended several SCI-FI conventions over a period of years. After purchasing and receiving the signed posters we then did our best to confirm signature authenticity. Only then did we list them on eBay.
We will never list any autographed item that we do not totally believe is 110% authentic. We will immediately suspend all auctions, or sales that involve Anthony Daniels, and Star Wars. We will also contact each, and every "buyer" who has purchased a Star Wars signed poster from our company, and issue an immediate, and full refund.
I have personally been collecting autographs for years. I have had the pleasure of meeting Anthony Daniels, and having him autograph items for my personal collection. It seems as though I have been trusting the wrong people. In the future we will be much more diligent in our purchasing of any autographed items.
Keavin Lawdermilk
President TCB Security & Entertainment Co, Inc.
eBay Seller: Grnberet1980

A And also a little more diligent about the "collectors" you employ, I hope. Unfortunately you used the same 110% standard in your ebay terms and conditions and still managed to offer items that were 110% fake. So perhaps standards all round need revising? But I think it would be a terrific gesture of your obvious good faith, to contact your purchasers and give them refunds. Maybe you could encourage your fellow dealers to be more responsible as well. And maybe you and Jonflogit have learned a lesson. Clearly, the price of a genuine autograph is eternal vigilance. But it's not just my autograph that is faked on ebay and beyond. From producers to ewoks, I regularly see forgeries of their signatures on posters, photos and merchandise, though with an ewok, it is hard to tell.
AD

http://anthonydaniels.com/qa/index.html

Also from anthonydaniels.com, the text of the ebay listing for the forged autograph:

"Star Wars movie poster (in excellent condition). Autographed: by... Williams (music composer) ... Lucas (director) ...Hamill, ... Fisher, ... Ford, ... Daniels ... Prowse ... Earl Jones ... Baker & ... Mayhew. Autographs obtained in person by several members of TCB Entertainment Company."
"Issued with: a Lifetime Numbered Certificate Of Authenticity & 110% Money Back Guarantee from TCB Entertainment Company."

So buy this fake and make 10% immediately from:

Grnberet *
* Please see an apology on the Q&A pages from the President of TCB Entertainment Co