View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 17:54   #10
ghp95134
Guerrilla

No Ghosting Allowed

I was a former USAF E-4 when I entered the army in 1979. Regardless of my inexperience in real military matters, the drill sergeants expected me, as prior service -- and older recruit -- to lead. They gave me opportunities to succeed and groomed me. I applied for OCS and while waiting after graduating OSUT, was made drill corporal and Additional Duty NCO.

You, with REAL military experience, will be a magnet for leadership responsibilities and drill sergeants will quickly evaluate you. I understand the desire to sometimes "ghost" ... but your talents will be quickly noticed and utilized. You will not be allowed to ignore your responsibilities.

No ghosting allowed!

Every Army school that I've attended had its share of Force Recon or other Marines. They *always* achieved 110% and graduated top or near top of the class. I remember a time at Benning when some Force Recon troops hung a "HOO AH" banner from the cross-arms of the 250 Ft. tower.

Get in, get dirty, get recognized.

--ghp

------------
"And all this science, I don't understand. It's just my job five days a week" -- Rocket Man
ghp95134 is offline   Reply With Quote