Thread: Roll Call
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 12:56   #33
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Smile Roger that ... and here's the "story"

So no shit, there I was ...

It was like 0530 and I was looking for a parking spot. My Team Sergeant had warned me about making sure I looked for the "designated" parking spots before I pissed someone off. So, it's still dark and raining and I'm hopelessly driving around for a spot somewhat closer to the company.

[For those that don't know, 3rd Bn's area has been under construction for some time, so we have a lot less parking spots than anyone else]

So, I see this great parking spot just in front of the BC's spot and I look around for a painted sign but see nothing [unbeknownst to me, the water had pooled on the ground where the CSMs parking spot sign was painted, so all the dirt and mud obscured it]. So, I park there and pat myself on the back for my lucky find ... and soooo close to the company too!

Well, as I get back from a PT run with the team, I see some "knucklehead" walking away from having just parked his vehicle which is now blocking my car. So, I tell the Team Sergeant that I'll see him later and walk over to "confront" this guy. Well, as I walk towards my vehicle, he begins to walk away from it (kind of pissed off, I might add). I see this yellow note on my windshield. I take and read it and it reads the following: "Sir, you may one day park in the Battalion Commander's spot, but you have long ago thrown away the opportunity to park in mine!!! Come see me!!! Signed BN CSM" My brain begins to process the information ... "Who the fuck is BN CS ... Oh My God!!!" Well, by this time, the BN CSM noticed that it was my vehicle and he approached me. Well, long story short, I appologized - a lot - and he told me that it's happened before because many people don't see the sign. He also offered me to come by his office to chat sometime. It turned out OK ... and that was my first day on an ODA.