View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:49   #12
Beef
Quiet Professional

Eagle5US, I can't speak for the POI for 18D after the 1980's, so I am sorry to hear about the recent changes to a stellar course. I can only say that I'm sorry to hear that. I can say that Everything else that you said is dead on. There is a CRNA program on every corner. The market is completely glutted. Salaries are being pushed down for new grads and old guys like me. In my region, that is not yet so with PAs. Yet. And it will be worse, as you noted, with ACA. I did some research here in the OR this morning regarding PAs. We have a U of FL July grad working here. Her tuition was 18k per year. 80K in student loans. We have 2 Philadelphia University PA School ( Phila., PA) students here doing clinical in VICKSBURG, MISSISSIPPI! Reason: overcrowded clinical sites in Phillie. Tuition: 34K per year. Both are in the hole 100k + on student loans. Average new grad CRNA student loans in MS- $150k and up. Take home points for guys interested: public school is way cheaper than private. Borrow as little as possible, since your salary will not be what was paid 5 years ago. And watch this trend: educational cost up, salaries down will invariably lead to a loosening/lowering of admission standards. I've seen that with the CRNA programs because every class WILL be totally filled.
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote