View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 12:17   #46
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
I remember traveling around NZ back in '05 and the radio programs would air emergency preparedness reminders almost every hour for homeowners and families to keep their disaster kits ready and up to date in case of the wide range of natural disasters that NZ is subject to.
That would be about the time they started running preparedness communication in print/radio/tv.

It's one of the government spending programs on mass media that I actually support....unlike say the "Don't get drunk and cook so you accidentally burn your house down" campaign.

I think the program helped a good bit during the quakes, but there were still(and always will be) muppets who think it will never happen and/or assume someone will fix their problems.

Personally, in such tough economic times I'd like to see government communications targeting all these popular food/cooking shows and ask them if they'd help suggest people stock bigger pantries of long shelf live items that can actually SAVE money by simply stocking up when the appropriate items are on sale.

Save money while also preparing a little bit.....win/win.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote