Thread: Passing IUW
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 16:36   #1
Unapologetic Soldier
SF Candidate

Passing IUW

I'm about tell you what you already know; even after reading this 40% of you won't do what you know is right, and consequently you will fail IUW.

There is no magic answer or hidden secert to uncover. Go train your ass off, eat right, stay out of the night life and hydrate. If you do this you will pass IUW with flying colors. I saw a lot of bright and physically fit guys who didn't do what they knew they should of and they washed out.

It's no secret here is what you will be tested on:

-APFT
(17-21 age bracket) Must score an over all 270 with a minimum of 90% in each event.
-Five mile run
forty minutes or less
-Rope climb
30 foot rope climb
-Pull up test
must complete seven pull ups (dead hang)
-Swim test
full uniform 50 meters
-12 mile ruck
Ruck weight 45 LBS dry, must complete in 3 hours or less
-Land Navigation
Must find 5/5 first day to receive a go or 7/10 between day one and day two. You will be give ten hours to complete the course.

Some of you are already saying whatever no big deal I'm the man, blah blah blah...
When I started IUW we had 13 guys in our squad at the end of all our gates we had five left. All the guys who failed where the man too. Here are some examples of guys failing out.

Didn't eat before the 12 mile, failed because legs cramped up.
Didn't hydrate before 5 mile run, almost passed out due to dehydration.
Didn't train hard enough, ran out of gas on hour eight of the land navigation course.
Didn't test themselves prior to AFPT, just assumed they where good, failed push ups.
Didn't work on pull ups' assumed they where a bad ass, faild because of dead hang.

Bottom line, train your ass off and stay dedicated to the course and you'll be fine. Anything short of that and you'll be out of the course.