View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 16:09   #13
fng13
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz View Post
A lot of this case will depend on what he was actually doing in the store to warrant the Police showing up. What the Police were told over their Radios when called. What they thought was the suspects intent.......
If he lifted up his shirt so they could see a Gun. Thats pretty much the definition of brandishing a Weapon. Police don't have to wait until a Weapon is pointed at them. Police Academy's teach Police to be much more aggressive then they did in years past.
If police approached you. Never show them a Weapon on your body. I would not even tell them I had a Gun. Simply do what they say. Then when they have control of you. Then tell them your carrying. A lot more to this story thou I'm sure.
Sir,

Is that true for all PD's? If so that scares the s*** out of me because I have already gone through 2 dui checkpoints when I was CCW. I informed the officer that I was carrying and it wasn't a problem, but that makes me nervous. What about open carry then because I do that when I'm hunting.

Shar.

I'm sorry for your loss, I just lost one of my best friends 2 weeks ago in a car wreck. I feel your pain of losing your friend in a tragic way.