Thread: Honda 2000i
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:04   #13
JJ2K1
Asset

GoalZero came out with this nifty portable solar generator called the Yeti 1250. I was wanting to do a photovoltaic install in my travel trailer to ease up on gasoline use on my Honda EU generators. What sold me on the Yeti 1250 was the portability of the unit, which I can just take with me where ever I need power. I passed up on their Yeti 1250 'kit' which comes with two 30 watt solar panels, and took that $400 saved and purchased a 250 watt Samsung solar panel for $300 instead. What I like about the Yeti 1250 is the practicality and expansion of the unit. It uses Anderson Power Pole (APP) connectors which is innovative and great for simplicity. I have the Solar Panel hooked up using the standard MC4 solar panel connectors from the panel, down to the Yeti via the APP charge input. The Yeti 1250 has a built in 100 Amp hour AGM battery. On the back of the unit there is a larger 175 Amp APP connector that allows you to daisy chain additional batteries to either charge or expand your amp hours. So ideally, you can hook up an additional 100+ amp hour battery to double your energy reserve and only have to run your generator if you're running low on juice. The Yeti 1250 can also be purchased from the Promotive website at a discount if you have purchasing privilege there.

Overall i'm thrilled with the unit as it has reduced my need to rely on my generators.
JJ2K1 is offline   Reply With Quote