Thread: Honda 2000i
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 19:18   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK262MOD1 View Post
Just thought I would put a plug in for a generator I have been using on and off since December.

It has seen constant use this weekend. I have been buried in 28 inches of snow since Friday morning. Not that surprising and I knew it was coming. I have powered a full size fridge, coffee pot, microwave, cellphones, TV for the kiddos in the neighborhood and my lights off this generator. (all the essentials) I was surprised it handled the load. What is even more surprising is I am getting almost 9 hours of run time off a tank of gas. (1.1 gallon) Having used larger generators for years overseas I never thought this one would run like this.

Another nice thing is it is super quiet. I bought this after I lost power after Sandy (6 days.) Living on the coast I have come to realize National Grid is less than stellar in getting the power going. This generator has been running since Friday night a
nd will probably run till Tuesday.Not bad in the 0-10 degree nights we have been having.

I am happy with this thing. It's small and very efficient and in this weather damn useful. I recommend it for what it's worth. I think it is slightly more powerful than advertised.

On another note it is to bad my household goods were going out on friday as well. Hopefully we get them rescheduled and out next week.
We have some for work and they are great little hard workers.

FYI ---- they do have a recal on some of them. We had one that were recalled. Here is the notice so you can check.

http://powerequipment.honda.com/pdf/...all-poster.pdf

Stay warm up there.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote