View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 10:10   #15
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
When I was 18B, it always seemed to me that our ODA didn't spend enough time on Team IAD's and other Team-specific tasks, such as rope bridges, RON procedures, etc.
When we were training indig, we were always pressed for time going all the way up to tactical training for Company-sized units, as well...
Agreed, I have noticed that the the CO level up to include many teams do not even consider a true assessment that is data from the 18F on threats and capabilities, PDSS data and the most important piece the continuity from the GCC strategic plan down to the country level on what the endstate should be and the 5 yr projection. As of now many teams are running mini SFAUC's for host nation forces that spend of their career along borders in rural/desert conditions. I myself was told what to train and I would assess anyway and brief the team leadership on what they really need.

The Q still uses 21-76 RHB however X-rays and Infantry in general the last 8 yrs learn 3-21.8 and .10 which is different in many ways. The basics stay the same and agrred with all indig do not need to be expert marksman or U.S. Infantry standards train them to what they NEED to accomplish their objectives nothing more. Recent history shows we will be fighting someone we have trained before the question is when.

The 18B needs to understand, Leadership, U.S. weapons, Marksmanship principles, tactics, defense, and equally important foreign tactics and weapon capabilities. IMHO a basic understanding of psychology and motivating factors. As a Weapons Sgt you will spend more time with indig than anyone else and will hear atmospherics daily that should end up in the daily sitrep.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 01-25-2015 at 10:12.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote