View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 16:00   #10
bvvanes
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim30006 View Post
"The following email titled “Careerism, Cronyism, and Malfeasance in SWCS: The End of SF Capability” was sent via a mass blast through Special Operations Command (SOCOM) yesterday. The email was penned by a Special Forces instructor at Fort Bragg who is dismayed by slipping standards and careerism, providing a damning critique of what has been an ongoing issue as the Special Warfare Center and School for over a decade."

Edit to add: We saw the email the same time all of Special Forces did and decided not to post it. And we're not going to advertise it for the seals website.
Who could have seen this coming? Some years ago as a newly minted 18B I sat at the GB club, had a beer and was joined by an 18A. He showed me what was (will) happen to SF when mother army gets involved with SF. He had the bartender pour a shot of Johnny Walker Black into a glass and then as he poured water into it, he said: this is what mother army will do to SF! Over the years I've thought of what he said. As a guy who came into SF only wanting to be the best 18B/D I could be and never wanting to be an officer, I watch with dismay as the quality of what some of the best soldiers the Army ever fielded (I have to admit they were by and large mostly if not all NCOs, but as I think of it those officers that stood out in my mind were mustangs) would teach me during selection and beyond slowly starts to unravel or is asserted to. Having spent my whole career in only SF, half active and half reserve, incidentally the first half as an NCO and the latter half as an Officer. While in the latter half of my career I wasn't usually close enough to the pipeline to see standards eroding, I also learned early on that when the NCOs get roiled, there's some bad stuff happening. While I think it's good to air this, if this is occurring; I also fear that this may be the tip of the iceberg. PC correctness and inclusiveness will get someone killed. Unfortunately, that mindset doesn't stop advancing once it gets a foothold.
bvvanes is offline   Reply With Quote