Thread: Cancer Waivers
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 14:13   #12
Absit
Asset

The Reaper, thank you for your reply. I understand my chances are small, but as Eagle5US said, they're zero if I don't try. All the same, I'd rather fight up this hill than roll down it.

I know the people here may not be qualified to answer this, but if I knew what exactly they were concerned with I could more directly address it in my "sales pitch". Is it that I'm somehow physically inferior now? Is it that I may get sick again and they'll have to pay for treatment? Is it that I may get sick again and they'll lose the investment of my training? Is it all 3, or something I haven't thought of?

As I understand it, the Army used to be decent with cancer waivers after 5 years remission. Did some new numbers come out, or are they just getting so many applicants for so few slots that they don't need to do it anymore?

I do appreciate all input from everyone here, and I have a great deal of respect for all of you. However, no matter what's posted here, I will not simply quit.
Besides, what unit out there wouldn't want a guy that already comes with a myriad of Uno-related nicknames?

Last edited by Absit; 07-14-2012 at 14:18.