View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 14:09   #3
ReconRover
Asset

WEMT

Glad someone else on the board has attended. Yeah....I got into some shit at the ER for just taking over a couple of times....Robin that fat nurse with the bad attitude got all over my case...but hey, when your used to going full bore, it's hard to throttle back. Training with 18D's has you in a different mindset. One instructor told me to put away my trauma pack and just use what was in the classroom.

I took the Wilderness First Responder just two weeks before in Oregon...and since they knew what I did, I didn't really disguise it...though I tried for about a week. The WFR was hardcore granola, but still no one gave me an attitude. WEMT was a good mix, one MD, a lot of pre med, some NOLS instructors, and even a few ex army guys. On the night rescues...I had my PVS 14's out, self heating hypothermia kit for the patient, strobe, and gore tex bivvy sack...yeah, they figured me out pretty quickly.

Did you take the WEMT at Lander, or another locale? I'm still very impressed with the quality, and high energy of the course. Being out of college for many years, the studying and tests really threw me for a loop.

Next step...PA school.

Have a good one, and glad you took the course!!!

Last edited by ReconRover; 10-19-2008 at 14:15.
ReconRover is offline   Reply With Quote