View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 09:02   #25
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffjm8509
I'm not advocating the award of the CIB to non 11 series MOS. What we were origionaly talking about was a newly proposed Close Combat Badge taht would be awarded to those individuals that are in direct combat and not qualified in an infantry MOS.

Didnt mean to get you all stirred up Terry. My comments about dropping by the team room were for Razor, who does visit us from time to time and I think I still owe him lunch.

I have gained a lot of respect for some of these guys, and in the long run I'd like to see them rewarded in some way for thier contribution. Make it a ribbon like the Marines or whatever. Sure it will get abused, but the reward system always has been. But for those few guys that deserve it, it may mean something.

Hell they even have a sapper tab now......for a school that 90% of all airborne troops that attend pass. I thought that was a bit much...........

mp

Roger that.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote